• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well may have but I don't really care about wins and losses for individual players
And Brees also was the reason they had 7 wins and not 2.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely absurd huh? Your an idiot if that is your true opinion GK. Smith and Prescott while on very different time scales have certainly proven to be a class above Cousins as have Stafford, Ryan etc. Look, my expectations of Cousins is to be in the QB tier with the top 10. He is not there yet but will be in about 2-3 years. Hopefully by then he will also have some complimentary pieces around him to help him then reach elite level. Who knows...but to think the comment was completely absurd shows you need to take off the glasses gk.

Show me how Dak has proven to be above KC. Dak without Zeke was .500 this season. In his three wins, the defense never gave up more than 17 points. In the three losses, they scored fewer than 10 in each contest. Only twice did Dak throw for more than 200, one was 212.

Show me how Alex Smith has proven to be above KC. How many points did he score when Kelce went down? He has had one good season in his career.

Show me how Stafford has proven to be above KC.

Ryan has proven capable of playing at a very high level. He has also played to a level below KC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this whole thing is, no matter what happens, a portion of the fan base will be pissed at the outcome.

If Cousins is resigned, the ABC crowd will continue to dissect his play more than a frog in a high school science class.

If he isnt signed, no matter who we bring in, the same folks will say we made the right call even if the team goes 0-16 in 2018.

Flip side is if he isnt signed, some people (yes Im one of them) will expect this to be a continuation of a cycle of dysfunction.

Those same folks will dissect the new guy. Lord help us all if they trade up for a rookie.

My take is either way, if we are not serious contenders for the Division and beyond... real change needs to happen.. and I dont mean on the roster or the coaching staff.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me how Dak has proven to be above KC. Dak without Zeke was .500 this season. In his three wins, the defense never gave up more than 17 points. In the three losses, they scored fewer than 10 in each contest. Only twice did Dak throw for more than 200, one was 212.

Show me how Alex Smith has proven to be above KC. How many points did he score when Kelce went down? He has had one good season in his career.

Show me how Stafford has proven to be above KC.

Ryan has proven capable of playing at a very high level. He has also played to a level below KC.
I gotta understand this also. @skinz2winz, specifically, how are you measuring that Dak is a step above Kirk? What metrics are you using? We saw where Dak is when Eliott was out. He has a long way to go. IMO, he isn't even in the same conversation with KC at this time or with Smith, Ryan or Stafford, for that matter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta understand this also. @skinz2winz, specifically, how are you measuring that Dak is a step above Kirk? What metrics are you using? We saw where Dak is when Eliott was out. He has a long way to go. IMO, he isn't even in the same conversation with KC at this time or with Smith, Ryan or Stafford, for that matter.

He is using the ABC metric of QB measure?? :noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this whole thing is, no matter what happens, a portion of the fan base will be pissed at the outcome.

If Cousins is resigned, the ABC crowd will continue to dissect his play more than a frog in a high school science class.

If he isnt signed, no matter who we bring in, the same folks will say we made the right call even if the team goes 0-16 in 2018.

Flip side is if he isnt signed, some people (yes Im one of them) will expect this to be a continuation of a cycle of dysfunction.

Those same folks will dissect the new guy. Lord help us all if they trade up for a rookie.

My take is either way, if we are not serious contenders for the Division and beyond... real change needs to happen.. and I dont mean on the roster or the coaching staff.

And that my friend is why fans don't - and should not - make these decisions. Some folks are going to be upset no matter what decisions are made by a given team. Who freaking cares. I just hope that this organization retains Cousins. If they don't then I will be pissed but ultimately move on & hope that they at least have a less than horrible Plan B. I certainly hope they don't go through w/ your gloom & doom trade up scenario (honestly I see no way that will happen).

Should get interesting relatively soon.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that my friend is why fans don't - and should not - make these decisions. Some folks are going to be upset no matter what decisions are made by a given team. Who freaking cares. I just hope that this organization retains Cousins. If they don't then I will be pissed but ultimately move on & hope that they at least have a less than horrible Plan B. I certainly hope they don't go through w/ your gloom & doom trade up scenario (honestly I see no way that will happen).

Should get interesting relatively soon.

OH no doubt the trade up would be worst case. I just dont put it past them is all. I think its a real option because even if the Vikings win the Super Bowl... bringing in Case Keenum might be a hard sell, and might not be this massive cap savings in that even any way.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoCalWizFan Also going to point out that while fans wont decide who the QB is, they do have an effect on the direction the team goes in. Empty seats is usually what drives Dan to do something to draw attention back to the team. Some times it works, some times it doesnt. Got to think they are at least considering the impact retaining Cousins vs getting some one new will have on attendance. Think of it like this

If half the stadium buys one beer for eight games, thats roughly $3M a year. And thats just a small count. I know Dan is rich, but one thing rich folks like is making more money on their investment. How it will effect attendance may have some weight in this decision.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoCalWizFan Also going to point out that while fans wont decide who the QB is, they do have an effect on the direction the team goes in. Empty seats is usually what drives Dan to do something to draw attention back to the team. Some times it works, some times it doesnt. Got to think they are at least considering the impact retaining Cousins vs getting some one new will have on attendance. Think of it like this

If half the stadium buys one beer for eight games, thats roughly $3M a year. And thats just a small count. I know Dan is rich, but one thing rich folks like is making more money on their investment. How it will effect attendance may have some weight in this decision.
If Dan wants butts in the seats, then produce a winner. That will fill the seats in record time.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Cousins may "get his money", it is NOT because he is elite. Name the top 10 QB's of yours in today's NFL. KC may very well not be in the top 10 right now simply because the top 3 belong to the elite, the next 7 belong to QB's who occasionally display greatness while making those around him better which adds up to playoff appearances and wins. Some day KC just might get there but currently resides just outside the top 10.

ELITE: Brady, Rodgers, Brees
Top 10: Wilson, Rivers, Big Ben, Wentz, Stafford, Smith, Prescott, Ryan
It's called reality.

No, this is called not understanding how the position is played obviously

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go - this has been my pt all along. I have always stated that the majority of Redskins fans (by far) want to extend Cousins & I am sure that the Redskins are very aware of this & the potential impact to revenue if he goes elsewhere.

I truly believe that if their approach was to go in another direction & start over again w/ a rookie (perhaps along w/ using McCoy or some other vet as a stopgap) that many fans would be thinking "Oh shit - here we go again". You have suggested several times in the past that they are considering Lamar Jackson & (rightly or wrongly) many, many fans are going to be thinking "RG3 all over again - we are doomed". Not saying that Jackson - or any other rookie QB - won't succeed in the NFL, but this will be the perception of many folks going into next season.

Again - I don't believe that this is lost on Snyder & the Skins FO & also don't believe that they want to intentionally screw over the fans. I also believe that - unlike most of us in forums such as this - they approach this is in a somewhat logical, unemotional manner. We will see.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is using the ABC metric of QB measure?? :noidea:
Look guys (Shark, dad, Sportster, GK, HTTR) I'm not a KC hater, in fact, I have always supported the notion of resigning him to a LTD. Having said that, KC has a long way to go to even talk about elite status. I'm no fucking homer and don't look through rose colored glasses. KC has his flaws and also has his glorious moments, that being said, in my opinion, he falls into tier 3 of QB's who are looking to make a leap into tier 2. Tier 1 is for the elite imo. I believe KC will get his respect (money) from us or another team because its simply fair market value for today's starting QB, period.

As for what KC needs to work on to gain elite status...you guys know the list, KC is not perfect or anywhere close to perfect so I don't think I need to provide a list for you guys to dribble over. Maybe a playoff win would elevate Cousins into tier 2 status? :noidea:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breed - that was the WP article that I posted a while back & I also alluded to it in my post above.

Word. I couldn't remember who it was, but I'm glad you posted it so righteous for that, SoCal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look guys (Shark, dad, Sportster, GK, HTTR) I'm not a KC hater, in fact, I have always supported the notion of resigning him to a LTD. Having said that, KC has a long way to go to even talk about elite status. I'm no fucking homer and don't look through rose colored glasses. KC has his flaws and also has his glorious moments, that being said, in my opinion, he falls into tier 3 of QB's who are looking to make a leap into tier 2. Tier 1 is for the elite imo. I believe KC will get his respect (money) from us or another team because its simply fair market value for today's starting QB, period.

As for what KC needs to work on to gain elite status...you guys know the list, KC is not perfect or anywhere close to perfect so I don't think I need to provide a list for you guys to dribble over. Maybe a playoff win would elevate Cousins into tier 2 status? :noidea:

I will just say two things...

Just because you seem to feel we would be better off with any one but Cousins, does not mean you are 100% a hater. But I don't think you particularly want Cousins here or think he is worth keeping.

Secondly.... as has been stated many times, just because Cousins is going to get paid like a starter does not mean he has to become elite.

So are you a hater.. maybe/maybe not.

But your statements seem to hint you think we would be better off with any one but Cousins unless he comes at a backup price.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say two things...

Just because you seem to feel we would be better off with any one but Cousins, does not mean you are 100% a hater. Where do you come up with this BS? But I don't think you particularly want Cousins here or think he is worth keeping. I want Cousins to look at current playoff teams and understand it takes those pieces everyone keeps talking about to make this work is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Secondly.... as has been stated many times, just because Cousins is going to get paid like a starter does not mean he has to become elite. I have never mentioned once he needs to be elite to get paid well.

So are you a hater.. maybe/maybe not. Not.

But your statements seem to hint you think we would be better off with any one but Cousins unless he comes at a backup price.
Ok, here we go... Please explain how my comments "hint" I think the Redskins are better off without Cousins? Because I'm not suxing on KC's balls, not gonna happen so, explain away my thoughts as if you are 3rd person.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you proclaim Dak, Alex Smith, and Matthew Stafford are a tier above KC, you do have rose colored glasses on...they just aren’t burgundy and gold.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, here we go... Please explain how my comments "hint" I think the Redskins are better off without Cousins? Because I'm not suxing on KC's balls, not gonna happen so, explain away my thoughts as if you are 3rd person.

When the statement starts with.. I like Cousins but he isn't elite, and usually ends with a list of QBs you think are better and WOULD be worthy of the contract Cousins is asking for....

Sorry if I tend to see that as Any one could do better than Cousins, and unless he comes on the cheap I'm ok with us going in another direction.

No one said you need to suck Cousins balls. But when you consider him beneath a group of QBs that include the old, injury prone and in some cases over rated..... to me that isn't even a half assed endorsement of Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@skinz2winz Also I will point out..

All those pieces people say Kirk needs around him and we wont be able to afford if we sign him.... those pieces should come through the draft. Not in some valiant attempt to buy a championship by spending on other teams big name free agents. How many time do we need to see that particular plan fail before we realize we need a new direction. And yes stability and actually building through the draft would be a serious new direction for this team.