• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been saying this for the past three years. He's had some bad throws (who hasn't) but the kid is special. He put's up numbers with no elites at either pivotal positions and he's durable. Oakland just gave a ton to a QB who can't stay unhurt. Detroit just gave a ton to a QB whose had elites and still can't get em to he playoffs routinely. Yet Washington still can't divvy up. Regardless if he's worth the money that he's gonna demand it's just the market value for QB's. Blame your own organization for allowing the market to get this outrageous in the first place. Pretty soon guards and centers will be getting paid franchise prices. You pay the price now or you pay the price of sucking Cleveland style later. Take your pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I am ready to claim him as elite.....yet. But he is improving every year and he may very well get there. If he had weapons around him, he might already be there.

The bottom line is the the FO bet against KC the last 2 years and lost. So now they have to pay up. Unfortunately, so far, Allen wants KC to pay for the mistake that Allen made in betting against KC. He needs to recognize that KC is going to get paid. Either by this franchise or by another. IF he wants to keep him, which the latest reports say that he does, then he needs to "buy" him out of FA.

Any new QB in here next year most likely means starting over. It may also very well mean the Gruden is gone after this year. Thus another rebuild. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk is NOT elite, Let me repeat that, KIRK IS NOT ELITE, in fact there are no "ELITE" QB's in the NFL. The term "elite" is a made up construct much like good husband/wife. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

We can cite stats for and against and all that does is confuse and feed conversations, which, to that end, gets us nowhere.

What we actually have is a QB who operates efficiently in the offensive system in which he plays. The difference between that and say a Brady is the team around him, QB being the most dependent position on the field, it stands to reason that a winning team has both. Put Kirk in a poorly run offense and he becomes just another journeyman QB. Hell put everyone's favorite reference QB (Brady) in a poorly run offense and he too becomes a lot less than what he is.

Poorly run is poorly run, there are no exceptions nor exceptional people that magically turns poorly run offenses into efficiently run ones. That requires changes far beyond QB. A good coaching staff, players that operate at average or above average NFL play, A GM/ talent evaluator who's able to draft and/or sign players who best fit the system dictated by the HC and his people and an owner willing to both spend the money and allow his professionals to do their work.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk is NOT elite, Let me repeat that, KIRK IS NOT ELITE, in fact there are no "ELITE" QB's in the NFL. The term "elite" is a made up construct much like good husband/wife. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

We can cite stats for and against and all that does is confuse and feed conversations, which, to that end, gets us nowhere.

What we actually have is a QB who operates efficiently in the offensive system in which he plays. The difference between that and say a Brady is the team around him, QB being the most dependent position on the field, it stands to reason that a winning team has both. Put Kirk in a poorly run offense and he becomes just another journeyman QB. Hell put everyone's favorite reference QB (Brady) in a poorly run offense and he too becomes a lot less than what he is.

Poorly run is poorly run, there are no exceptions nor exceptional people that magically turns poorly run offenses into efficiently run ones. That requires changes far beyond QB. A good coaching staff, players that operate at average or above average NFL play, A GM/ talent evaluator who's able to draft and/or sign players who best fit the system dictated by the HC and his people and an owner willing to both spend the money and allow his professionals to do their work.

As I said, "Elite" is just another in a long line of made up BS that gets some to compile this....
th
From the pockets of others!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that nobody is elite...there are tiers. Brady and Rodgers are on the top tier, alone. KC is on tier two with about ten more.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that nobody is elite...there are tiers. Brady and Rodgers are on the top tier, alone. KC is on tier two with about ten more.

Agreed... to the extent that "tiers" translate into level of proficiency, efficiency and/or effectiveness in the given offense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one called Cousins elite who is not his agent or a fan boy.

IM going to rip from the fashion world for a moment.... Just as Orange is the new Black

Elite is the new Average right guys??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one called Cousins elite who is not his agent or a fan boy.

IM going to rip from the fashion world for a moment.... Just as Orange is the new Black

Elite is the new Average right guys??

This is BS...whoever sold that nonsense that orange is the new black surely got paid, but it's still BS!!
So let me ask.....

Does this color.......
th
really look like this one?...
th

....and just like that nonsense "elite" really is a non sequitur

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is BS...whoever sold that nonsense that orange is the new black surely got paid, but it's still BS!!
So let me ask.....

Does this color.......
th
really look like this one?...
th

....and just like that nonsense "elite" really is a non sequitur

Come on man.. for two years all we have heard from some folks is.... You cant pay Cousins like one of the "Elites" because no one thinks he is elite aside from fan boys. Now some one NOT a fan boy comes out and says Cousins just might in fact be elite.... and now all of a sudden.... there is no such thing as elite??

Kinda like the kid in the Matrix... realize.. there is no spoon right??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22nby0.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man.. for two years all we have heard from some folks is.... You cant pay Cousins like one of the "Elites" because no one thinks he is elite aside from fan boys. Now some one NOT a fan boy comes out and says Cousins just might in fact be elite.... and now all of a sudden.... there is no such thing as elite??

Do you really expect everyone to reach the same conclusion at the same time? Turns out that some people will agree on the same thing, others won't but neither is wrong, it's a perspective (subjective) that they just don't agree upon. Shit happens!! I've gone from "just a back-up" to "pretty good" that's something far better than denial that most were with me the either/or position that some are attempting to slot others in. Hell, I participated in that because I thought it unfair to create camps for and against without any consideration to other alternatives as indicated in my opening line here.

Have you or anyone else actually asked me if there is such a thing as "elite?" How are you able to then conclude, that my definition of it comes "All of a sudden?" I'm NO fan of the current game because it's nowhere close to the game that I loved in a more youthful time in my life. That said, I'm certainly not buying into the dumb assed verbiage that accompanies this weak, watered down product.

Never saw the Matrix, so there's that....

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elite is a thing... cousins just isn't it. Which is fine.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree that "elite" applied to QB's is a thing, it must be said that it is a relatively new thing. To put that in perspective, every generation creates words, phrases and at times entire dialogues that is uniquely their own. This does not mean that previous or future generations accept and use such verbiage. In that respect the term "elite' only applies to that part of the still living who accepts it as a thing. For the rest of us it is not a thing at all.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree w/ Sty on this one. However - if you want to go there again name me QBs who fall into this category. I would say Brady, Rodgers, probably Wilson, maybe Brees & given some time Wentz. Who else? Big Ben & Ryan have the benefit of tons of weapons & all others have concerns (e.g. Luck w/ injuries or Rivers w/ lack of success & untimely INTs.).

I think that this whole issue is overblown. As alluded to in this thread - Cousins is worth the money & either he gets it here or elsewhere & if elsewhere this team is facing a rebuild (which normally is fine but I don't trust this FO).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Ryan is considered elite by many. He sure didn't look like it yesterday & I really saw him do nothing yesterday to make him look better than Cousins. Forget about past results I don't see a lot at this time to portray Ryan as being that much better than Cousins.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ Sty on this one. However - if you want to go there again name me QBs who fall into this category. I would say Brady, Rodgers, probably Wilson, maybe Brees & given some time Wentz. Who else? Big Ben & Ryan have the benefit of tons of weapons & all others have concerns (e.g. Luck w/ injuries or Rivers w/ lack of success & untimely INTs.).

I think that this whole issue is overblown. As alluded to in this thread - Cousins is worth the money & either he gets it here or elsewhere & if elsewhere this team is facing a rebuild (which normally is fine but I don't trust this FO).

Yea I dont mind ruling out use of the term. It is kinda meaningless.

But Id say, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson. Nobody else.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I dont mind ruling out use of the term. It is kinda meaningless.

But Id say, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson. Nobody else.

Everyone talks about wins and losses having a lot to do with being elite or a top tier qb, but didn’t Brees just have three 7-9 seasons?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I do think Brees is top tier and I do think cousin Kirk can be as well