• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Quick Article

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice read on our old pal, good to see him playing well again.

Those are some solid numbers but he's also playing behind a good, young defensive team. Would have been nice to see him play well here but 4 of his last 5 seasons were just not good, last season was a complete disaster with how he played.

Will never be a fan of how his situation was handled, and I hope in time he and the Kings can put that behind them if they haven't already and he signs a 1 day contract to retire a King, where he has always belonged.

He is a sure shot first ballot HHOFer.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried when he had back problems. Thats hard to bounce back from especially his style. Like all of us, i hated how him leaving went down. Very glad to see him having a good year.

I just had an arguement with a east coast friend who doesnt think Quick shouldnt get in the hof because there are better goalies that arent in. I told him hes crazy, while yes, i agree Quick has been mediocre later in his career, he was dominant in his time and i thought he deserved the Vezina but went to east coast bias imo. 2 cups, jennings, his SO'S and most probable to be most wins by a US goalie....plus he still looks 18, ya he better be a lock

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried when he had back problems. Thats hard to bounce back from especially his style. Like all of us, i hated how him leaving went down. Very glad to see him having a good year.

I just had an arguement with a east coast friend who doesnt think Quick shouldnt get in the hof because there are better goalies that arent in. I told him hes crazy, while yes, i agree Quick has been mediocre later in his career, he was dominant in his time and i thought he deserved the Vezina but went to east coast bias imo. 2 cups, jennings, his SO'S and most probable to be most wins by a US goalie....plus he still looks 18, ya he better be a lock
Look at the stats from Tom Barrasso and Mike Vernon whom were just inducted to HOF comparably.

WINS SO SV%
Barrasso 369 38 .892
Vernon 385 27 .889
Quick 381 60 .911

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont gotta convince me, im on board

Maybe that Pete guy that used to post here thinking Bernier was way better and gonna be a hofer.....i argued that with him a bit haha, wonder what happened to him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was re-watching the 2012 run and the announcer said something like Quick/Kings had allowed 1 goal or less in almost half of their regular season games that year. Quick's Conn Smythe run was insane, but he had basically been doing that all year, the team just couldn't score to save their lives. So with some goal support, they just steamrolled the playoffs.

2011/12 Kings allowed 170 goals against over the full 82 game season. 2.07 goals against.

Lundqvist won the Vezina and Rangers had 182 goals against that year.

1701194839627.png

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lundqvist winning the Vezina was straight up robbery on Quick. He more than deserved it from his entire body of work that year.

I'm glad you mentioned he had been playing at an elite level prior to the run, it pisses me off whenever I hear or read that the Kings "got on a heater and rode a hot goalie when the POs started" BS. That is simply not true, they started to steamroll teams in January.

The issue was they were so in the hole from their ho hum play from Oct-Dec that they were basically playing PO hockey from January on. They qualified for the 8th seed I believe the last weekend of the season, and they had to because they shat the bed so hard so those first 3 months.

But they didn't just get hot, they'd been hot for 4 months prior to the POs beginning. They were in top flight as soon as G1 against Vancouver started and it never stopped until June and a Cup.