• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Walker Article

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice read on Sean Walker, I always believed he was a T4 defender in LA. It took him a while to get back to form after blowing out his ACL and MCL in I think G6 of the 2021-22 season but he looked like he was rounding out into form last season as the POs approached.

He's a GIII UFA after this season, and basically the top defensive target at the TDL but the Flyers could also resign him too. He's in the last year of a 4 year/$10.6 million ($2.65 million AAV, but $3.35 million cash), I have no doubt he will command $5+ million if he hits the market. He's just a solid skater, dependable, can play defense and put up some points. The other target is Chris Tanev, the Flames seem like they're going into selling mode having moved Zadarov for peanuts basically. Both RH defenders, which are always at a premium.

The Flyers ask for Walker is reportedly a 1st round pick; crazy to think a Kings cast off (albeit for financial reasons more than anything) who was an undrafted FA signed by LA has elevated his career to where he is a hot commodity and can command big bucks.

Good for him, I like Spence and he makes sense from a cap POV but an Englund/Walker duo at 3D would have been solid as well.