• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Quick Signs Extension

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year/$1.275 million, $400,000 raise off his $825,000 deal for this year. He looked absolutely washed up last season in LA and has rolled back time. Shesterkin really struggled in January and Quick stepped in and held the fort for NY.

I am still not a fan of how everything went down. Blake showed no class to a Kings legend in my opinion although I knew it was going to be his last season in LA, he was gone either by trade or by contract expiration on June 30. Good to see him resurrect his career, he is so close to beating Ryan Miller's US born goalie win record.

He will get it soon, I just wish it happened as a King. Forever grateful what he did for this franchise and gave us as fans. Freaking warrior.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also includes a 20 team NTC, I wonder if LA is on that list.

=)~~

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Quickie, We all hate how it went down but it definitely was time for him to move on

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year/$1.275 million, $400,000 raise off his $825,000 deal for this year. He looked absolutely washed up last season in LA and has rolled back time. Shesterkin really struggled in January and Quick stepped in and held the fort for NY.

I am still not a fan of how everything went down. Blake showed no class to a Kings legend in my opinion although I knew it was going to be his last season in LA, he was gone either by trade or by contract expiration on June 30. Good to see him resurrect his career, he is so close to beating Ryan Miller's US born goalie win record.

He will get it soon, I just wish it happened as a King. Forever grateful what he did for this franchise and gave us as fans. Freaking warrior.
He has been everything a Ranger fan could ask for and this is great news he'll be back next year. It would have been nice to see him stay in LA but he got a ring last year as a back up and gets to play near his childhood home for a team he grew up rooting for as he goes for the record. Not a bad 2nd choice

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely bad blood between the two even if it is unspoken. Quick is so fiery and such a man of principle - maybe stubborn would be a similar description - you know he he can't stand Bowlby.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely bad blood between the two even if it is unspoken. Quick is so fiery and such a man of principle - maybe stubborn would be a similar description - you know he he can't stand Bowlby.

I dont know Blake outside of what we've seen in his career through TV....He just seems like that smug used car salesman with the white shoes trying to sell you a turd on purpose not caring how that effects your life and family as long as he get his commission and glory

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't take much to see the common denominator has always been cash, meaning cash in his pocket.

The Kings always made him the highest paid D in the league as his career progressed, and when new contracts were issued to other guys making them thw highest paid the Kings topped that.

Held out camp in 1998 after the Norris, used Pronger's 3 year/$29.5 million deal in 2000 as his baseline for a new contract leading up to the trade in 2001, came back and milked the Kings for $12 million over 2 years from 2006-08 and sucked ass only to go to SJ and find his game again, NHLPA player rep and heavily involved during his career, etc.

The Kings said this is our limit after the Pronger deal (they offered him 5 years/$42.5 million as a final offer, traded and he signed 5 years/$45 million with the Avalanche that summer), if he really was all about the team he would have taken it to stay in LA. There was an option year on that deal too, so for everyone saying he would have left $2.5 million on the table he actually lost $9 million on that sixth year. Overall a net loss of $6.5 million, he should have just stayed in LA to begin with not to mention avoid all the drama that came along with that whole thing.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's all about his wallet and always has been no matter who it affects - player or executive. Fuck that clown.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Quick!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to watch NHL tonight after the game, hope they have a piece on him. Well done, just wish it was done as a King.