• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice article (KIRK COUSINS IS ELITE)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone talks about wins and losses having a lot to do with being elite or a top tier qb, but didn’t Brees just have three 7-9 seasons?

Cousins is not elite. But, he is good enough to win with the right pieces around him. He is well above average.

The problem is that Snyder continues to back the wrong horse. Cousins should have been paid 2 years ago and this whole mess would have been avoided. Bruce Allen needs to go. This QB mess that Allen has created out of thin air should be more than enough proof for Snyder.

All I can think at this point is that Allen has some serious blackmail material on Snyder, because I can't think of any other scenario where it makes sense that allen keep his job. If Cousins walks, we will be lucky to win 5 games next year. With him, we can be a playoff team.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone talks about wins and losses having a lot to do with being elite or a top tier qb, but didn’t Brees just have three 7-9 seasons?

Now. Spin away ABC crowd

:thumper:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is not elite. But, he is good enough to win with the right pieces around him. He is well above average.

The problem is that Snyder continues to back the wrong horse. Cousins should have been paid 2 years ago and this whole mess would have been avoided. Bruce Allen needs to go. This QB mess that Allen has created out of thin air should be more than enough proof for Snyder.

All I can think at this point is that Allen has some serious blackmail material on Snyder, because I can't think of any other scenario where it makes sense that allen keep his job. If Cousins walks, we will be lucky to win 5 games next year. With him, we can be a playoff team.

The WP ran a recent article which shed light on the Snyder Allen relationship. For starters Allen is very good at administrative tasks & managing the salary cap. However that article pointed out that one of the main reasons why Allen likely will be with the Skins for a while is his connections to powerful people in VA which ultimately could help Snyder get the new stadium in that state that he so highly covets.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He very well may have but I don't really care about wins and losses for individual players

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He very well may have but I don't really care about wins and losses for individual players

Okay, then pull up the stats. Bree’s and Kirk should have similar stats

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ Sty on this one. However - if you want to go there again name me QBs who fall into this category. I would say Brady, Rodgers, probably Wilson, maybe Brees & given some time Wentz. Who else? Big Ben & Ryan have the benefit of tons of weapons & all others have concerns (e.g. Luck w/ injuries or Rivers w/ lack of success & untimely INTs.).

I think that this whole issue is overblown. As alluded to in this thread - Cousins is worth the money & either he gets it here or elsewhere & if elsewhere this team is facing a rebuild (which normally is fine but I don't trust this FO).
While Cousins may "get his money", it is NOT because he is elite. Name the top 10 QB's of yours in today's NFL. KC may very well not be in the top 10 right now simply because the top 3 belong to the elite, the next 7 belong to QB's who occasionally display greatness while making those around him better which adds up to playoff appearances and wins. Some day KC just might get there but currently resides just outside the top 10.

ELITE: Brady, Rodgers, Brees
Top 10: Wilson, Rivers, Big Ben, Wentz, Stafford, Smith, Prescott, Ryan

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Cousins may "get his money", it is NOT because he is elite. Name the top 10 QB's of yours in today's NFL. KC may very well not be in the top 10 right now simply because the top 3 belong to the elite, the next 7 belong to QB's who occasionally display greatness while making those around him better which adds up to playoff appearances and wins. Some day KC just might get there but currently resides just outside the top 10.

So you disagree with Boswell's article?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with thinking stafford, Smith, Prescott or even Ryan arein a group above KC. Cousins is as good, and better than, some of these guys. He is a top 10 QB. Good luck finding another top10 qb to replace him. It isn’t easy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with thinking stafford, Smith, Prescott or even Ryan arein a group above KC. Cousins is as good, and better than, some of these guys. He is a top 10 QB. Good luck finding another top10 qb to replace him. It isn’t easy.

Yep & you really can't compare Cousins to these guys since he doesn't have anywhere near the weapons of these guys or even QBs like Big Ben. The QBs mentioned above have top notch RBs like Elliott, Hunt & Freeman. Who comes even remotely close on the Skins? How about WRs like J. Jones, T. Hill or others? Did any of these guys also a completely decimated OL like the Redskins or were they missing their biggest weapon (by far) as Cousins played most of the season w/o Reed? Most of those teams also had better defenses which impacts the offense.

How about if you put Cousins on the Steelers? They have 3 pro bowl OL (who played most/all of the season I believe), possibly the best RB in the NFL & at least 3 WRs who are better than any of the WRs on the Skins at this time including possibly the best in the NFL. Not saying that it is a given that Cousins would do the same or better than Big Ben, but he would very likely look a lot better than some perceive him now.

Just suffice it to say that Cousins is more than good enough for this system - the comparisons really are not that relevant.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know who it was, but they posted an article that made a very reasonable case. That Allen's main purpose in Snyder's life is to grease the local political wheels to get a new stadium built. In large part because Allen has connections to that world and knows how it works whereas Snyder doesn't. This has the potential to save Snyder millions and millions of dollars far as building said stadium. What made the story so fuckin painful to read. Is that it implied that Allen really has the position he does with the Redskins because he likes being a part of that world.

Its like the ultimate game of fantasy fuckin football I guess except you're using a real live team.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotta see if Wentz is gonna stop taking on LBs by dropping his hat when he should be sliding into 2nd base cuz if he doesn't. His career is going the way of Robert Griffin's career. Not as drastic and dramatically as Griffin's career did, but it will happen if he doesn't start protecting himself.

Stafford's arm is better than Kirk's, Kirk is the overall better QB imo.

I liked what Alex Smith did this year for the most part, but given the superior offensive talent and imo better coaching (though Reid does have flaws as well) Smith has. I'm not so sure he's better than Kirk.

Dak's a better runner than Kirk and might have a stronger arm. Prescott's advantages end there. Given a choice between the two I'm takin Kirk.

I'm not a big Ryan guy. I like him well enough, but they have way much too talent at the offensive skill positions and a pretty OL that Ryan should've looked better or more consistent is probably a better term, than he did this year.

Have no problem rating the others over Kirk.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep & you really can't compare Cousins to these guys since he doesn't have anywhere near the weapons of these guys or even QBs like Big Ben. The QBs mentioned above have top notch RBs like Elliott, Hunt & Freeman. Who comes even remotely close on the Skins? How about WRs like J. Jones, T. Hill or others? Did any of these guys also a completely decimated OL like the Redskins or were they missing their biggest weapon (by far) as Cousins played most of the season w/o Reed? Most of those teams also had better defenses which impacts the offense.

How about if you put Cousins on the Steelers? They have 3 pro bowl OL (who played most/all of the season I believe), possibly the best RB in the NFL & at least 3 WRs who are better than any of the WRs on the Skins at this time including possibly the best in the NFL. Not saying that it is a given that Cousins would do the same or better than Big Ben, but he would very likely look a lot better than some perceive him now.

Just suffice it to say that Cousins is more than good enough for this system - the comparisons really are not that relevant.
I agree with this statement...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is completely absurd to think Smith and Prescott are better than KC.

It is only slightly absurd to believe Stafford is.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redskins fans for the most part seem to be the only fan base that seems to WANT to talk the QB down. Even when Dallas was starting Quincy Carter, Boys fans (for the most part) were behind him.

Still makes me wonder, what sin did Kirk commit that has so many fans actively, or passively hoping we do anything BUT sign him long term.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who it was, but they posted an article that made a very reasonable case. That Allen's main purpose in Snyder's life is to grease the local political wheels to get a new stadium built. In large part because Allen has connections to that world and knows how it works whereas Snyder doesn't. This has the potential to save Snyder millions and millions of dollars far as building said stadium. What made the story so fuckin painful to read. Is that it implied that Allen really has the position he does with the Redskins because he likes being a part of that world.

Its like the ultimate game of fantasy fuckin football I guess except you're using a real live team.

Breed - that was the WP article that I posted a while back & I also alluded to it in my post above.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prescott? Smith? Ryan? Stafford? Ah hell no!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely absurd huh? Your an idiot if that is your true opinion GK. Smith and Prescott while on very different time scales have certainly proven to be a class above Cousins as have Stafford, Ryan etc. Look, my expectations of Cousins is to be in the QB tier with the top 10. He is not there yet but will be in about 2-3 years. Hopefully by then he will also have some complimentary pieces around him to help him then reach elite level. Who knows...but to think the comment was completely absurd shows you need to take off the glasses gk.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are a big part of being elite.

For me the determining factor is, can the QB win the Big Game?