• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ngata injury serious?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points given up by defense

Miami 111 > Atlanta 142 > Lions 172

Until NFL games are decided by anything but points, nothing else matters.

So this whole avatar bet thing is really going to be settled by the W-L record of Lions vs Dolphins, or at least, total points scored against each time. OK, I can skip this thread until week 17 then.

:2cents:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this whole avatar bet thing is really going to be settled by the W-L record of Lions vs Dolphins, or at least, total points scored against each time. OK, I can skip this thread until week 17 then.

Give it time Vultue, by week 12 or so, I'm sure we'll start reading about 3rd down % or fumbles forced.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions were a top 3 D last year based on points allowed. If yards are all that matters, then I can't wait for Stafford's HOF speech.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were just telling me how the Falcons D was no good a couple weeks ago.

Not sure if you know this, but rush defense isn't the only thing included when talking about how good a defense is. When you give up almost 300 yards passing a game -- it puts a damper on being a good defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn would kill to have Miami's run defenders. ATL is tied with the Lions for dead last giving up rush 10 TDs already this year. He's not used to that coming from Seattle.

Yeah -- every coach in America is beating down the door for a defense giving up over 140 yards a game on the ground. It is a toss up between Miami and Cleveland which one he wants more.:suds:

I do admire your moxie in regards to this wager. Instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong about Suh, you try to find new ways to make Miami's defense look legit. I respect that. It isn't going to make their rush defense any better, but it makes for an entertaining thread.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vulture -- don't let Rob confuse you. Less than 1/3 of the season in -- he is already trying to come up with a new way to change the bet.

The bet is rushing yards allowed per game (aka rush defense). All I know is -- the Lions, minus Ngata for most of the year, minus Walker for half the year, minus Levy for basically the whole year and now Ihedbigo -- Detroit STILL has a 20+ yard advantage per game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- every coach in America is beating down the door for a defense giving up over 140 yards a game on the ground. It is a toss up between Miami and Cleveland which one he wants more.:suds:

I do admire your moxie in regards to this wager. Instead of manning up and admitting you were wrong about Suh, you try to find new ways to make Miami's defense look legit. I respect that. It isn't going to make their rush defense any better, but it makes for an entertaining thread.

I was 100% right about Suh back when you were farting rainbows, picking this team to win 9 games.

I'll win the bet. I'm winning now, and I'll win when it's over. Guaranteed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vulture -- don't let Rob confuse you. Less than 1/3 of the season in -- he is already trying to come up with a new way to change the bet.

The bet is rushing yards allowed per game (aka rush defense). All I know is -- the Lions, minus Ngata for most of the year, minus Walker for half the year, minus Levy for basically the whole year and now Ihedbigo -- Detroit STILL has a 20+ yard advantage per game.

Missing shitty players is hardly an excuse. Lions lost Tulloch and Fairley last year, Suh still led them to a top d.

The bet is best run D. Not rush yards allowed per game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you know this, but rush defense isn't the only thing included when talking about how good a defense is. When you give up almost 300 yards passing a game -- it puts a damper on being a good defense.

Giving up more rush TDs than everyone else puts a damper on you trying to sell the Lions rush D as being better than anyone.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You called them the no.1 defense in the NFL.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per game was never the bet. Miami has given up less rush yards and less rush TDs. On no planet is Detroit better than Miami in rush defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has given up 10 rushing TD's, yet they are the #1 rush defense in the NFL and the only team giving up less than 80 yards a game.

You called them the no.1 defense in the NFL.

It is your story. But you seemed to have missed a word. #1 RUSH defense is slightly different than #1 defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per game was never the bet. Miami has given up less rush yards and less rush TDs. On no planet is Detroit better than Miami in rush defense.

I agree -- Suh has been a game changer for them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up more rush TDs than everyone else puts a damper on you trying to sell the Lions rush D as being better than anyone.

When you give up less yards per game and less yards per rush -- it doesn't put a damper on it.

With the logic you are using -- Joe Flacco is just as good of a RB as Matt Forte and Marshawn Lynch, because yards and ypc don't mean anything -- only TD's do. All three have 2 rushing TD's.:suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is your story. But you seemed to have missed a word. #1 RUSH defense is slightly different than #1 defense.

They don't have the no.1 rush defense giving up the most rush TDs in the league. Do you really think the Falcons are the best rush D in the NFL right now?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you give up less yards per game and less yards per rush -- it doesn't put a damper on it.

With the logic you are using -- Joe Flacco is just as good of a RB as Matt Forte and Marshawn Lynch, because yards and ypc don't mean anything -- only TD's do. All three have 2 rushing TD's.:suds:

That's your logic, not mine.

My logic says defenses bend, but the best ones don't break. You can give up 10 99 yard runs a game, but if you produce 10 goal line stands, and give up 0 points, those yards don't amount to squat.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per averages isn't the bet. If the season ended today, you'd lose based on total yards allowed and scores.

If you honestly think the Lions rush D is better than Miami right now based on per averages, when they've allowed more total yards, and more points, then we're going to have to take this to a higher court.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think the Falcons are the best rush D in the NFL right now?

Do I think they are the best rush defense? Through 6 games. I'd take the Jets, because Sheldon Richardson is back now after missing 4 games. Based on the NFL's rankings -- yes, the Falcons have the #1 ranked rush defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think they are the best rush defense? Through 6 games. I'd take the Jets, because Sheldon Richardson is back now after missing 4 games. Based on the NFL's rankings -- yes, the Falcons have the #1 ranked rush defense.

In no way shape or form do the Falcons have the #1 rated defense. They've given up way too many costly scores, needing to be bailed out in almost every game by their offense.

Agree about Jets.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per averages isn't the bet. If the season ended today, you'd lose based on total yards allowed and scores.

If you honestly think the Lions rush D is better than Miami right now based on per averages, when they've allowed more total yards, and more points, then we're going to have to take this to a higher court.

I'm not too worried -- Miami had their bye already and STILL have almost given up more rushing yards than the Lions.