• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL to raise the cap to 130 Million

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge for Dallas
Stephen say's they will play a little in free agency....

Let see...redo Romo, Lee and Carr gets you under, Cut Austin post June 1 gets you the money to sign your draft picks....Ware? yep Stephen....you and daddy can be players if you want.

I can hardly wait for the jerry and Stephen quotes from Indy the next 5/6 days. That alone should give this board some topics for the next two months

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones acknowledged the Cowboys have a decision to make on Ware, the franchise's all-time leader in sacks who is recovering from right elbow surgery, which he had Tuesday. The Cowboys' DeMarcus Ware has a salary-cap figure just north of $16 million in 2014, a figure that makes him a possible salary cap casualty.'There's a bunch of options,' Jones said Wednesday in a break between meetings with the competition committee at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. 'You can restructure. You can take a pay cut. You can obviously not have the player. And it's not just DeMarcus. There's several players we have to look at.' The Cowboys can save $7.4 million against the cap if they were to release Ware. They can create nearly as much as $9 million in cap room if they were to restructure his contract, but would push more money out in the future. The Cowboys could also ask Ware to take a pay cut. Ware has a $12.25 million base salary in 2014. Jones said the Cowboys are evaluating whether 2013 was a down year or the end of the run for Ware, a seven-time Pro Bowler. "It's not easy," Jones said. "That's why you sometimes don't always make the right decision." Jones said the team does not have any meetings planned at the combine with the agents for Ware and Austin and others."​

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ware is not only a salary cap casualty, he is a performance casualty. When will you guys see he is nothing but a dumb piece of shit that is over rated. His career for the most part is over. One of the biggest bust in Cowboy history. Only good game I have ever seen him play vs. a team that mattered was in 2009 against New Orleans. So much knowledge in this room, but yet so dumb when it comes to Ware. Can't figure it out.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go and get Hardy from the Panthers....Sam Shields would be a good plan B.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bring in Jared Allen

If there is no market and you get him for $1M-$2M per year to rotate in and give some pass rush it's a thought. But, you cannot give the guy a big contract as he is exactly what we are trying to get out from under.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarcus Ware is not only a salary cap casualty, he is a performance casualty. When will you guys see he is nothing but a dumb piece of shit that is over rated. His career for the most part is over. One of the biggest bust in Cowboy history. Only good game I have ever seen him play vs. a team that mattered was in 2009 against New Orleans. So much knowledge in this room, but yet so dumb when it comes to Ware. Can't figure it out.

you point that finger at all others that don't share your opinion that Ware is a worthless piece of shit.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a "look at me" tool would be in denial about who Demarcus Ware is ...especially when ESPN wrote the article they decided to use his picture.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the cap goes up to say $180M??? That would solve our problem...
Remember, the big increase will come next year with the new tv contract. So the well being of the league may bail us out of our stupidity a little.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the cap goes up to say $180M??? That would solve our problem...
Remember, the big increase will come next year with the new tv contract. So the well being of the league may bail us out of our stupidity a little.

in all seriousness....that certainly is part of the jerry plan

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the dumbest comment award goes to ^^^^^

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you point that finger at all others that don't share your opinion that Ware is a worthless piece of shit.
Keep drinking the kool aid Pday. Your good at it anyway. Keep Ware, I really don't care at this point. Give him a raise if you still think he is that good. We will suck for the next 3 or 4 years anyway and then will have to rebuild again when Romo's contract is up and time for Witten to retire. To me, its looking more like we will never go to a super bowl ever again with Jerry. You can take that one to the bank.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep drinking the kool aid Pday. Your good at it anyway. Keep Ware, I really don't care at this point. Give him a raise if you still think he is that good. We will suck for the next 3 or 4 years anyway and then will have to rebuild again when Romo's contract is up and time for Witten to retire. To me, its looking more like we will never go to a super bowl ever again with Jerry. You can take that one to the bank.

how many ways can one man say the same thing time and time again

so noted

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap being raised will help for absorbing Smiths big contract. I really like Dez but kind of wonder how wise it would be to extend him. His chronic back issues should be a concern to each and every one of us. I would not be against trading Dez for high picks in this draft