• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP

Who wins MVP?

• Purdy

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Mccaffrey

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Lamar

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Dak

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Mahomes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Tyreek

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Hurts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think marginally better. QBs in reality only account for 1 or 2 more wins at best the majority of the time. I think the Hawks would likely have beaten the Bengals with Purdy. Geno made some bonehead plays in that one but Pete also completely fucked up so who knows right. The game at the Rams last month is another one that maybe Purdy makes a few more plays than Geno but we still could have won that one but Myers missed the FG. Shit happens kinda thing.
The real comp here is what Geno does in this Niner offense and that is pretty much impossible to predict. My best guess is that Geno does some of the things along the way that JimmyG did. San Fran is still good and a legit contender but you are constantly waiting for the QB to fuck it up because he just doesn't process well enough. Either way, it's only about one win different as I said but come play-off time, that's where the difference really would show. I think Shanahan would be dialing down the offense to suit Geno like he had to do with Jimmy.

I understand what your saying,but no one wants to put the oline Purdy has in fron of him either.....he is hardly under pressure.

Would I take Purdy over Geno....??....absolutley.
Geno was a never was when drafted and found himself last season for whatever reason......
But you would really have to be a horrible qb to not get the 9ers a SB win tjis year.....
Im betting 9er fans wish they had a Geno Smith in that Championship game vs the Eagles last season.......SF wouldve came out on top.
So you put Purdy on that Seattle team tjis seasons or ladt,SF is still sending them home.

And to tell you the truth, I think SF beats the best team in the AFC in Baltimore by 10 this weekend.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft position is much like a college degree. Once you get into the workforce, where you went means nothing.

Except for the sportswriters. Go early in the draft and struggle or late in the draft and excel and that the draft position will always be a low hanging fruit talking point.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember folks...the arguing about these things is the main point of them

Don't you love it when someone dismisses an opinion here with "you just want to argue!" as if batting around opinions is not the entire purpose of this forum.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As critical as LT is (second highest paid position in the game?), no OL will EVER win this award.

True. I bet most NFL fans couldn't name 5 offensive linemen who don't play for the team they root for, but at least they're getting paid what they're worth these days.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a discussion at least partially because Seattle can dump his last two years for only $17.4M in dead cap before next season. Otherwise, his cap hit for the next 2 seasons would be $31M and $33M.
As previously stated the dead money cap hits are irrelevant. The $17.4M is money already paid and it's merely a matter of whether the last $8.7M is accounted for in 2024 or in 2025. February adds new guarantees that will make cutting him financially unpalatable. Trading him would be unlikely. Fans want change but Carroll will want continuity. Either could win out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you love it when someone dismisses an opinion here with "you just want to argue!" as if batting around opinions is not the entire purpose of this forum.
There's arguing and then there's arguing in bad faith. Just my opinion on that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As previously stated the dead money cap hits are irrelevant. The $17.4M is money already paid and it's merely a matter of whether the last $8.7M is accounted for in 2024 or in 2025. February adds new guarantees that will make cutting him financially unpalatable. Trading him would be unlikely. Fans want change but Carroll will want continuity. Either could win out.

It's not irrelevant, as it still counts against the cap. Hence "cap hit"

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap keep through the ball 100 mph to the RB who was 3 yards away. Of course he wasn’t going to catch that.

Jimmy put the ball too high, leaving the receiver defenseless to getting blown up by the defense.

Purdy puts the ball where ONLY the receive an catch it, and in stride to get YAC.
What is funny, that the Chiefs lead the NFL in yac yards and it's not close. But the Chiefs also lesd in drop passes. Mahomes would be kill it in Dan Fran with offense surrounding Purdy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy reminds me of Trent Green when he was the QB of the greatest show on turf w/ the Rams... Perfect system for him with play makers all over the field...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not irrelevant, as it still counts against the cap. Hence "cap hit"
It's pointless to quote Smith's potential cap hits for the next 2 seasons. If the Seahawks retain Smith it's almost a certainty that they'd restructure the contract to lower the 2024 cap hit. They could reduce the 2024 hit to $15M without cutting Smith's pay. Regardless, they would still eventually have to account for everything thing they pay. Thus the $22.5M cost is important and the immediate cap hit is not.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably give it to CMC. He has done this once before in Carolina but that team stunk so no one cared.
Yeah, one could argue that season was even better than this one but Lamar was unanimous that year. CMC didn't even get OPOY. Michael Thomas had his big year. The voters could possibly give it to him as a "make-up" deal, although we can't really argue much with Lamar and Thomas that season. This year doesn't have the stand-out performances that one did.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don’t think that’s true. Everything Shanahan is built off of run action and they’re committed to run the ball. Purdy’s pass attempts isn’t down because they’re hiding Purdy or avoiding putting the game in his hands. His attempts are lower because they’ve been boat racing people and you become even more run heavy when you’re up 2 TDs in a contest.

This

To add though the 9ers offense 29th in the league in average plays per game but they are 3rd in points and points per game at 30.4.

In order words another reason Purdy's attempts are so low is because they just get down the field in big chunks so they simply don't need a lot of plays to score. When you combine Purdy's 9.9 yards per attempt and the 9ers 6.9 average YAC yardage that means they average nearly 17 yards a pass play.

So Purdy's lack of attempts has nothing to do with his passing ability but the efficiency of the offense as a whole.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners getting to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G and Mostert makes me think the real award winner on the Niners is Kyle Shanahan

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners getting to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G and Mostert makes me think the real award winner on the Niners is Kyle Shanahan
MVC! MVC!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVC! MVC!
honestly.
I think your GM is killing it.
Whether through picks or through trades. You guys keep the trenches going as wins.
While having skill players.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly.
I think your GM is killing it.
Whether through picks or through trades. You guys keep the trenches going as wins.
While having skill players.
They didn't kill it with the Trey Lance debacle. But the Brock Purdy steal sort of erased it. It's like they traded 2 firsts to get a franchise QB and they succeeded just with a different draft slot lol

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really gonna give the mvp to a system QB huh