• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next is Purdue

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing 4-1 coming.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that if Iowa plays to their potential, they should easily be 4-1. You just don't know these days...who would have thought Indiana would go in and beat Mizzou? IU looked really strong on defense, the same team who got beat at home by Bowling Green.

Anymore, I am just rooting for them to win, happy if they do, annoyed if they don't, but not surprised.

I still see issues there with the coaching, but I think we start CJ and let him go. We need to keep that running game going but seeing CJ throw those downfield shots, that is going to be in the minds of Purdue's defensive coaches.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that if Iowa plays to their potential, they should easily be 4-1. You just don't know these days...who would have thought Indiana would go in and beat Mizzou? IU looked really strong on defense, the same team who got beat at home by Bowling Green.

Anymore, I am just rooting for them to win, happy if they do, annoyed if they don't, but not surprised.

I still see issues there with the coaching, but I think we start CJ and let him go. We need to keep that running game going but seeing CJ throw those downfield shots, that is going to be in the minds of Purdue's defensive coaches.

I listed that game as a trap game.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5554063-post17.html

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. As better as the game plan was today I'm still extremely disappointed with our showing today. Where is KMM and Tevaun in our offense? At least Pitt utiilizes their best players and that's why they played us so tough. We are capable of getting beat by anyone at this point if we continue to play like a bunch of fucking pussies. If we come in there with an ISU game mentality you might be calling for Ferentzs head like the rest of us

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, Iowa should win this game. But come game time...anyone's guess can come true with Iowa. If the Iowa team that played the 2nd half against Pitt shows up at the kickoff...Iowa thrashes Purdue (that means CJB is under center). If Rudock is under center...all bets are off.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Weisman has established himself as the starter. If Bullock could read a block, he would easily start. Canzeri is also one that wouldn't be a bad starter. He's fast and the best receiving back on the team.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz starts players based on if they are a good person or not and throws talent out the window. It's a known fact that in Iowa if your name is Jake you're probably a bust. It is unfathomable to me that he would even consider Jake the starter this week. A) he's hurt and B) we are playing Purdue. Even if Jake part 2 is the better QB why would you risk further injury? Ferentz is a bumbling fool no matter how you slice it

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz starts players based on if they are a good person or not and throws talent out the window. It's a known fact that in Iowa if your name is Jake you're probably a bust. It is unfathomable to me that he would even consider Jake the starter this week. A) he's hurt and B) we are playing Purdue. Even if Jake part 2 is the better QB why would you risk further injury? Ferentz is a bumbling fool no matter how you slice it

I disagree with Ferentz playing a good person over talent because of how many 2 or 3 star recruits drafted. But I totally agree with your other points. To add on to "he's hurt", a knee is a fragile injury and would be dumb to risk it getting worse. Also, if Rudocks not practicing and Beathard is, Beathard will be more prepared. It's one thing if Rudock was far better, but if battle.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game is interesting for the Hawks. But take a look at what Cody Sokol is doing at LA Tech:

Record: 2-2
Games: 4
P Attempts: 134
P Completions: 84 (62.7%)
Yards: 1009
TDs: 10
INTs: 5

That is more productive than what Iowa has under center -- except for in the win column.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing game is interesting for the Hawks. But take a look at what Cody Sokol is doing at LA Tech:

Record: 2-2
Games: 4
P Attempts: 134
P Completions: 84 (62.7%)
Yards: 1009
TDs: 10
INTs: 5

That is more productive than what Iowa has under center -- except for in the win column.

He's a product of the system. Why do you think Iowa has had what, one or two QBs drafted since he's been HC? Not sure if Banks was drafted, Tate played in the CFL and Stanzi actually did get drafted. He hinders QBs and if I were a good QB coming out of HS there would be no chance I'd even think of Iowa. The shit system he runs only makes a QB worse

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a product of the system. Why do you think Iowa has had what, one or two QBs drafted since he's been HC? Not sure if Banks was drafted, Tate played in the CFL and Stanzi actually did get drafted. He hinders QBs and if I were a good QB coming out of HS there would be no chance I'd even think of Iowa. The shit system he runs only makes a QB worse

I think that is a bad argument.

1) Since Sokol is doing better at LT than current Iowa QBs doesn't mean he will be drafted. You use Iowa's QBs going into the next level as examples. Who said Sokol will?

2) You make it seem Iowa is one of the rare Power 5 conference teams that doesn't get NFL QBs. You're right, Iowa and KF is not good at developing QBs, but how many does Nick Saban have? How many does Bielema? How many does Bob Stoops have? It's not like every other HC is racking in starting NFL QBs.

3) KF is not good at developing QBs, WRs, or RBs. I don't blame him for RBs though. Injuries and off field issues are the reason. But he has had some that has had significant playing time in the NFL. But I can list plenty of players he brought in that were TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB that he developed into NFL talent that have started for years in the NFL.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes the point that QBs regress while in the system for years, which I can actually understand. Tate's best season was his sophomore year, Banks only played one year and he was outstanding, Christensen sucked from beginning to end and Stanzi's best year was probably his junior year. I felt like Rudock was better last year, this year he's regressed quite a bit. Granted we're only on game #3 but these for the most part are layup games that he should be excelling in. I don't feel like QBs in Iowa's system get X% better every single year, which is how it should work under the same system.

Someone will likely try and disprove this through stats which is fine, I'm only going off of memory and anecdotal evidence.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford, while brittle and hurt a lot, is a starting QB that Stoops developed. If you look at the current roster of NFL QB's there are 7 from B10 and 6 from SEC and the rest are all over the board, you have Nevada with Kaepernick for instance...B10 qb's are Brady, Wilson, Cousins, Stanton, Hoyer, Henne, Brees

So with this, Michigan State is the best NFL QB producer in the nation with 3 starters in the NFL, followed by Michigan with 2

Iowa had Chuck Long who was never a starter...don't think Iowa ever had a starting QB in the NFL other than Chuck who started a few games.

Iowa has 2 retired numbers but 3 members in the NFL HOF none of which have their number retired (Tippett, Krause and Tunnell) due to the strict rules of retiring numbers at Iowa...we do have a Hawkeye HOF but I am not sure who all is in it.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Rudock has the rest of this season and next season to prove himself. He might be too smart to be starting QB. His classes have to be incredibly hard being a 3rd year student in an incredibly hard major. I wonder if he's having a hard time balancing priorities. I know I sure did with a communications major at a NAIA college.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a bad argument.

1) Since Sokol is doing better at LT than current Iowa QBs doesn't mean he will be drafted. You use Iowa's QBs going into the next level as examples. Who said Sokol will?

2) You make it seem Iowa is one of the rare Power 5 conference teams that doesn't get NFL QBs. You're right, Iowa and KF is not good at developing QBs, but how many does Nick Saban have? How many does Bielema? How many does Bob Stoops have? It's not like every other HC is racking in starting NFL QBs.

3) KF is not good at developing QBs, WRs, or RBs. I don't blame him for RBs though. Injuries and off field issues are the reason. But he has had some that has had significant playing time in the NFL. But I can list plenty of players he brought in that were TE, OL, DL, LB, and DB that he developed into NFL talent that have started for years in the NFL.

Never said Sokol was gonna be an NFL prospect, it's the system that makes him look decent. You know my thoughts on KF but I think he knew that JR and CJB were better than Sokol. That's why Sokol is at LA Tech now because he would have never saw the field at Iowa unless AIRBHG moved on to QBs. I still wonder what he was thinking when he chose Iowa.

Further, I think it would behoove KF to find an OC that could actually develop a QB. Wouldn't it be fun to watch us sling it all over the yard while having a consistent top 20 D? I actually think that was his thought process when KOK went to Miami he just failed miserably at an OC hire

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: