• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Stadium

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than just keeping up with the Joneses, literally. The Skins and Pokes were always neck and neck among the top value'd sports franchises in the world. But with his brand new stadium, Jerrah Jones has pulled out a bigger lead on franchise value recently ($2.3B to $1.7B). Snyder wants to jump back ahead of Jones, as simple as that.

Danny also talks about wanting to recreate the mood of RFK, as if the reason the Skins have sucked under his watch is the stadium, not his own management. As if re-creating RFK will make the team magic like it was when Gibbs first coached here. A new stadium might bring a Super Bowl to DC, but it won't necessarily get the Skins to play in it. That will take an act of God.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than just keeping up with the Joneses, literally. The Skins and Pokes were always neck and neck among the top value'd sports franchises in the world. But with his brand new stadium, Jerrah Jones has pulled out a bigger lead on franchise value recently ($2.3B to $1.7B). Snyder wants to jump back ahead of Jones, as simple as that.

Danny also talks about wanting to recreate the mood of RFK, as if the reason the Skins have sucked under his watch is the stadium, not his own management. As if re-creating RFK will make the team magic like it was when Gibbs first coached here. A new stadium might bring a Super Bowl to DC, but it won't necessarily get the Skins to play in it. That will take an act of God.

I'm not sure that anyone can be sure of the motivating factors that gives Mr. Snyder wind in his sails. I cannot dispute your point about keeping up with the (Jerrah) Joneses as it is as good as any that I've read so far.

I'm not sure that re-capturing the mood that was RFK is possible, even in a stadium built for that purpose. I have never been a fan of Bruce Allen, he doesn't seem to have the best tools in his quiver to properly stock a team that can not only win a SB but build one that is able to maintain a level of excellence like the B. Beathard/ C. Casserly tandem did. I just don't see that fire in him, that imaginative spirit that drives the historically best GM's to wheel and deal in a purposeful manner. Maybe time will change my mind, in the meantime I won't hold my breath waiting on him to break the Allen mold.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, I like innovative and different as well as the next person...but this isn't what I was expecting at all. Who cares about a 'picnic' experience or kayaking around the stadium :crazy:

Does it really sound like a good plan to have a moat with limited gangplanks around drunk tailgaters to enter and exit the stadium. :L

Back to work I say...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to report you to all my kayak friends Cali. If the put some lily pads and big ole bass in there I am all in. :10:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like it actually. And if they stick with this design, looks like they will be getting rid of the "Obstructed view" seats.... BIG BONUS in my book.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is we pay for it. That is taxpayer money and then we have to pay the insane prices. I wish the fans of the NFL would get together and boycott one weekend of football.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is we pay for it. That is taxpayer money and then we have to pay the insane prices. I wish the fans of the NFL would get together and boycott one weekend of football.

Actually JKC paid 100% of the construction costs of Fedex, and so far Dan is apparently footing the bill for the construction of the new stadium. Thats the other issue with moving back into the DC city limits. The city doesnt want to foot any of the bill for the new stadium. So they want to change the name, and have Dan pay for the privilege.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're designing a new stadium and still have no where to put it?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
I'm sure the call white is not giving it it's real do, and what's with all the dinner plates to the right?

SO I will ask again, would you rather a serving tray and dinner plates, or a commode and three rolls of John Wayne TP?? :suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO I will ask again, would you rather a serving tray and dinner plates, or a commode and three rolls of John Wayne TP?? :suds:
Is have to say a tray, but it you're trying to say Dallas stadium looks like a toilet you've een drinking way too much.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is have to say a tray, but it you're trying to say Dallas stadium looks like a toilet you've een drinking way too much.

Actually I was just wondering why a stadium in the southern portion of the country really needed a retractable roof and a screen the size of a 747. Compensating for something?? :lol:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was just wondering why a stadium in the southern portion of the country really needed a retractable roof and a screen the size of a 747. Compensating for something?? :lol:
Maybe, I never checked out Jerry that close. My only complaint with ATT Stadium is it wasn't designed with just football in mind, it was designed for concerts. That stadium doesn't force crowd noise onto the field. I much rather have a smaller stadium that helps the fans claim they are louder than others.