• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Stadium

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder wants a new downtown stadium and a SB host to change the name.
he aint changing the name at all . what he would want is a guarantee of not having to change it

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if redskins build a new staduiem its going to be only 65 thousand seat stadueim um thats very very smal and umcan not host a superbowl with 65 thousand seat staduiem hell most collage staduiem are bigger then that wtf

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a change - some really good feedback in the WP comments sections.

Great pt by many that there really is no reason to relocate the Caps/Wizards from their current location. Verizon Center is ideal since it serves several Metro stops. There also are great bars/restaurants/etc in that area. If they want to upgrade down the rd - fine - but no reason to move.

As for the Redskins - that will be a huge uphill battle. Snyder has his eyes on several other locations in MD/VA & there are also issues related to the fact that federal govt has input into a lot of this (& of course the team name issues).

I think that the current RFK location would be better served to house facilities that service the local community as mentioned in the article.

Housing in DC is going for roughly $170 a square foot before finance charges. Verizon center is in the middle of Down Town, meaning it could be leveled and go for over $250 a square foot BEFORE finance charges. From a money stand point, th city is losing money on the RFK site. If they could consolidate all three sports teams to one site, and build condos where Verizon sits, its a win/win as far as the city finance people are concerned. I doubt retractable seating would work, but removable seating might. The real hold up would be the folks that own the $250-900K homes within a mile or two of the site. Unless they were to get rid of the Armory and redirect traffic, I dont see realistic parking for even a 68K seat stadium.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to imagine the folks in Loudon wanting a stadium. That is an area with a lot of pretty well off folks. I still think a site very close to National Harbor is possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to imagine the folks in Loudon wanting a stadium. That is an area with a lot of pretty well off folks. I still think a site very close to National Harbor is possible.

All the sites mentioned suffer from a lack of parking, and poor traffic flow. I was in DC on a Sunday for the game this time last year. East Capitol street was bumper to bumper from RFK out to the turn offs for Fedex at 9:00 AM for a 1:00 game. Short of them leveling DC General, and DC central detention and making that whole complex into a parking lot, there is no way the RFK site works. RFK holds 45k now.... adding parking for another 23K bodies is unrealistic.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no traffic winner in any of these spots. I commute an hour and a half to 2 hours each way every day into the city. Happily I will be spending the next 4 days starting tomorrow in the mountains of SW Virginia.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stadium conversation on the chris & kevin show
Skins Podcasts

also merged a few threads relating to the new stadium