• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new Hokie posters

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mean Jean Lacostes class was rough. Klocks class was a semester long hell. Insane tests and projects, absolutely no help, and when learning new material in class he would call out on people only to criticize them knowing they wouldn't know it since its new. He would belittle students constantly. First day of class he would pride himself on only having 1 A in his past 3 semesters teaching. Worst professor at VT by far.

Klock is the man. Concepts and Skills was one of those classes where you either got it, or you didn't...luckily I was in the former. He's actually a really hilarious guy and some of my friends and I went over to he and Lytton's house to drink once.

Jean Lacoste was probably the biggest bitch of all the teachers at tech. I dont know what what was up her ass thinking she had to make a first semester intro class hard as balls. Apparently they have dumbed it way down since I took it in 05 and it's cake now.

Oh, and I'm Craig. I graduated in 09, and live in DC now.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are sadistic if you find Klock hilarious. Either that or you were in SEED or BASIC. He had a hard on for the guys in that. Everyone else was a fucking retard in his eyes.

Mean Jean the Ice Queen! Happiest C+ I ever got! 8AM taking her class in McBryde 100 was torture.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jean. I loved the drapes she wore to class every day. Her class was horri-awful.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She just looks crazy

lacoste.jpg

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She just looks crazy

lacoste.jpg

That picture doesn't do her justice. We need to see a full body profile so you can see her hair grow all the way from her ass, onto the top of her head.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I had a GIF with sound so you could see the twitching, missing teeth, long ass hair and shreeking voice. God that was the worst. Her high pitched shreek into the microphones.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Mean Jean at 8 in Mcbryde 100 as well but it was ACIS **15 or whatever it was that every business major had to take. She had that sheep voice and was awful. The class wasn't hard but the hardest to sit through. Badinelli was pretty dry as well for any other BIT majors.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Kreig = greatest/nuttiest Virginia Tech professor of all time...that is all.....

Something tells me you might be the only one that had him on here. Being a microbiology professor and all...

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of Micro, I think Dr. Benoit was the best. I also had Jean, only business class I ever took, possibly for that reason

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been here a few months but I will post again. I am a senior majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am from Chester, VA. I am currently looking for jobs. I would really like a job in automotive because that has been my focus in school. However, Mechanical Engineering is a broad field so I am applying to a very wide range of jobs. I want to go to graduate school after I get a few years of job experience under my belt.

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. I want to go to graduate school after I get a few years of job experience under my belt.

My advice is find a company willing to pay for you to go to graduate school while working for them or just go straight to grad school from undergrad. Once you get into the 'real world' it is very tough to just drop everything and go back to school full time. I have been out of school for 2.5 years and thinking of being a student full time again, though i would love it, would mess with the life i have started to make after college. just my opinion there. Also if the automotive industry doesn't get you a job go to the energy industry. People will always need energy.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second vtnuclearhokie's advice. If you went straight into grad school, you'll have your education paid for as a GRA (or GTA if you can't get onto a project right away) while the economy is still getting back on its feet. If you do leave after your senior year and enter the workforce, you will probably never return for your master's. While you're taking graduate classes, I would look into any classes offered for the energy industry as that seems to be where the jobs are at right now. However, an MS in ME can be overqualified for a lot of jobs that may be opening up.

I will say it's good to see another ME here.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 for to straight to grad school. I graduated Aerospace Eng in 1992 which was about the worst possible time (in talking to co-workers out here the ads in the paper in 1992 for other engineering jobs would say things like "Aerospace, do not apply.") Basically the only people who got hired were the valedictorian and the women. I stuck around for grad school and it was the best time of my life. I ended up switching from MS to getting a PhD. At that time, the assistantship was enough to pay for rent+food+tuition and still have enough left over for a 6-pack on the weekend. The camaraderie was great in the grad students-- town league softball, going to minor league baseball and hockey games, driving up to DC for weekend roadtrips. I loved it. We all got on the bus trip from hell to go to the Independence Bowl when the Hokies made their first bowl under FB.

Once you get a job, you'll make real money and have more real obligations. Its going to be harder to give that up and go to grad school. You'll also forget a lot of the book stuff that you didn't use. That said, when you interview talk to the companies about the "Learning Together" type programs. Boeing used to have one of the best; they've downgraded it somewhat but it goes along way towards paying your school bills while you are working (now you are just committed to the company after you graduate).

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the advice, but I've already made my mind up about getting a job after I graduate. My grad school application is not competitive currently. I do not have the research or on the job experience that I would need. Plus the deadline for assistanceships have already passed.