• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'ma say it: new era has started in these early playoffs

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and dumby tlance , that dude is never right about anything, how many years you think it will take for him to realize Brunson is a superstar in this league

You could never shut up an Italian

And my sincere apologies for callin you dumb before, I thought you already knew
1715263774998.gif

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at the difference in their defense
Well, sure, going from Jrue to Dame that was expected. But they were still 30-13 before Doc, so it wasn't the trade that tanked their season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Presti didn’t do shit. He’s not some great GM like Rob Pelinka

To be fair, tanking was part of it and along with trades, part of how they got so many high draft picks.

The key was, Presti then did a great job of getting the right pieces to turn them into what we are seeing now.

But yeah, to try to insinuate that it was all because of tanking is pretty weak.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Presti didn’t do shit. He’s not some great GM like Rob Pelinka

Pelinka is shit; his one good move was just a recovery from an all-time blunder.

Presti sold off all his assets for draft picks and tanked, which has obviously now bloomed into what is approaching a prime lineup. OKC has so many picks amassed that he's can't possibly use them all. He's traded away some pretty good draft picks lately (Clarke, Quickley, Sengun, McBride, Watson, Lively). Sure, he can't possibly roster all of these guys (and they were selections by the other team), but pushing those picks down the road isn't always the best move. Great problem to have though, and he's really set the franchise up well.