• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Annual Top 50 NBA Players List (Year 13)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Gordon.

And if Curry was healthy id have him over Embiid. Missing a full year and still being top 10 is pretty good.

HArden and Curry is a great debate. Sitting where we are right now that could def. go either way.

Fox is electric.

you prob have a point on Conley.

also- as i said- i ran through that real quick

Ah man, yeah forgot about Aaron Gordon. I still wouldn't have him on my top 50. The fact I couldn't remember him speaks volumes for where I think he's at.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is way more talented than Tatum. If Kyrie was healthy and had his head on straight he could be one of the truly dominant players in the league. His talent blows tatum away

tatum is a better defender, healthier, a better teammate- but Tatum simply cannot take over a playoff game in the way Kyrie Irving can at his best. Few can. I still give Kyrie's talent the benefit of the doubt- but it is getting tougher and tougher to do so.

Eh, maybe. You're overrating Kyrie here IMO. Defense counts, health counts, youth counts, and team focus counts too. If you ask the league who they'd rather have, I bet more say Tatum.

And I don't blame you for ignoring the Towns criticism.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just real quick

1. Leonard
2. Giannis
3. LeBron
4. Harden
5. Durant
6. Embiid
7. Davis
8. Doncic
9. Curry
10. Lillard
11. Towns
12. Jokic
13. Irving
14. RW
15. George
16. Tatum
17. Mitchell
18. Beal
19. Klay
20. Siakam
21. Simmons
22. Oladipo
23. Gobert
24. Butler
25. Kemba
26. Zion
27. Lowry
28. Paul
29. Booker
30. Young
31. Middleton
32. Ingram
33. McCollum
34. Morant
35. Brown
36. Fox
37. Murray
38. Russell
39. Holiday
40. SGA
41. Brogdon
42. Ayton
43. Vuc
44. Conley
45. SGA
46. Collins
47. Horford
48. LaVine
49. Gordon
50. LeVert

best of rest: Horford, Harris, Otto Porter Jr., JJJ, Love, Griffin, Wiggins, Smart, Hayward, Dinwiddie, Allen, Richardson, Markenen, Sabonis, Turner, Capela, Wall, Rubio, Porzingis, Bam, Drummond, Bogdon, DeRozan, Hield, Randle, Gallo,

There is NO WAY Embiid is better than AD let alone Curry...or Lillard or even Doncic, I must say. Gotta see Embiid make that next step. Quite a few things that tick me off about this guy when he has all the talent in the world.

You take Toronto to 7 games while Embiid and Simmons playing like bums. Hell of a series to take it 7 no doubt but there is no way Embiid is the 6th best player in the world. No way.

upload_2020-6-15_16-0-45.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can replace him with 30+ guys that will roughly give you the same thing.

much much rather have a wing that can play both ways or a guard that can create and shoot.

I would rather have a top guard/wing too.

But in that case you are mostly talking about the best players in the NBA.

There may be 30 guys who can achieve a comparable stat line, but not with the defensive versatility.

Just amazing to me that wouldn’t recognize Bam’s value after years of touting TT. Bam is just a better version. A lot more offensive game a better defender too. At least at this stage of TT’s career.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, maybe. You're overrating Kyrie here IMO. Defense counts, health counts, youth counts, and team focus counts too. If you ask the league who they'd rather have, I bet more say Tatum.

And I don't blame you for ignoring the Towns criticism.
If you asked the league? I agree, as most would rather play with Tatum and that does matter. But on a list of who a fan thinks is better? I could still see thinking it's Kyrie. But it's definitely getting tougher and tougher to rate him that high IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you asked the league? I agree, as most would rather play with Tatum and that does matter. But on a list of who a fan thinks is better? I could still see thinking it's Kyrie. But it's definitely getting tougher and tougher to rate him that high IMO.

You would think...but a lot of issues with Kyrie. Injuries being the most important factor. Then you have his lack of long-term commitment, his crazy logic and banter that can affect a locker room...all these are factors in ultimately how good a player his and his value. If we are talking 4-5 years ago his value was sky high....now, like you said, not so much. Honestly, he still has a ton of talent but I wouldn't want him on my team mainly bc he can't even play a full season these days.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the opinions of the actual league over that dude on the couch watching ESPN

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think...but a lot of issues with Kyrie. Injuries being the most important factor. Then you have his lack of long-term commitment, his crazy logic and banter that can affect a locker room...all these are factors in ultimately how good a player his and his value. If we are talking 4-5 years ago his value was sky high....now, like you said, not so much. Honestly, he still has a ton of talent but I wouldn't want him on my team mainly bc he can't even play a full season these days.
No doubt. Only going by talent I still think Kyrie is the better choice, but those factors definitely make it closer and maybe tilt it in Tatum's favor.

Might even be getting to the point his crazy would make me more inclined to drop him down than the injuries. He's a complete nut.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the opinions of the actual league over that dude on the couch watching ESPN
agreed, but I don't think anyone here played with or against Kyrie and that is probably who will be weighing in on the list here.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, but I don't think anyone here played with or against Kyrie and that is probably who will be weighing in on the list here.
Uh. Ok....?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have a top guard/wing too.

But in that case you are mostly talking about the best players in the NBA.

There may be 30 guys who can achieve a comparable stat line, but not with the defensive versatility.

Just amazing to me that wouldn’t recognize Bam’s value after years of touting TT. Bam is just a better version. A lot more offensive game a better defender too. At least at this stage of TT’s career.
id never, even at his peak, have Thompson even in slight consideration for a top 50 list despite good defense, unselfishness and basically at double double production

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id never, even at his peak, have Thompson even in slight consideration for a top 50 list despite good defense, unselfishness and basically at double double production

me either.

Bam is much, much better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's surprising any person or player actually listens to what Kyrie even says anymore...someone stuff a sock in his mouth

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say one thing about your list, is that at least it's consistent. You didn't have Sabonis in your top 50 either. Weird to me that you have Vucevic though. Curious to know why you have him ranked above those guys.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say one thing about your list, is that at least it's consistent. You didn't have Sabonis in your top 50 either. Weird to me that you have Vucevic though. Curious to know why you have him ranked above those guys.
i would just say consistency. Vuc has done it for a while and you know he can be counted on. Sabonis and Bam have been solidly above average for about 2/3rds of a season.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe because he made the the all-star team, and the two players you mentioned didn't?

Sabonis wasn't an all-star this year??? :noidea:

Remember it was you specifically that labeled Domas Sabonis as the "next Zaza Pachulia" back in 2017 when the Pacers first traded for him.

We all make bad predictions, don't we? :scratch: Bad predictions only become a bug under a microscope on this board when a fan of an unpopular midwest team makes them, such as Wiggy. I can't imagine why that is. :L