• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Annual Top 50 NBA Players List (Year 13)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his finals record---what a loser.

I choose to ignore the fact he led the greatest Finals comeback ever & only focus on his Finals losses. And he didn't get an All Star invite his rookie year.

o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that haven't figured it out yet by Year 13 - My rankings are not a lifetime achievement award. For instance, if this was 2016, Stephen Curry would be unquestionably ranked higher than James Harden (@CitySushi ). However, a 32-year-old Steph Curry coming off a season in which he played in all of five games is not worthy of such a high ranking.

*Last year's ranking in parenthesis.
  1. Giannis Antetokounmpo (1)
  2. Kawhi Leonard (2) – His emergence as a facilitator for the Clippers allows him to hold off LeBron James, the greatest player of this generation, for the #2 spot – At least for 2020.
  3. LeBron James (4)
  4. James Harden (3)
  5. Anthony Davis (8)
  6. Kevin Durant (5)
  7. Luka Doncic (21)
  8. Stephen Curry (6)
  9. Damian Lillard (7)
  10. Russell Westbrook (10)
  11. Joel Embiid (12)
  12. Zion Williamson (NR)
  13. Nikola Jokic (11)
  14. Pascal Siakam (35)
  15. Paul George (9)
  16. Jayson Tatum (45)
  17. Karl-Anthony Towns (13)
  18. Kyrie Irving (14)
  19. Jimmy Butler (16)
  20. Ben Simmons (15)
  21. Klay Thompson (17)
  22. Donovan Mitchell (19)
  23. Bradley Beal (20)
  24. Trae Young (42)
  25. Brandon Ingram (NR)
  26. Khris Middleton (27)
  27. Kemba Walker (18)
  28. Rudy Gobert (23)
  29. Chris Paul (25)
  30. Devin Booker (34)
  31. Jamal Murray (31)
  32. Victor Oladipo (29)
  33. Ja Morant (NR)
  34. Nikola Vucevic (22)
  35. Kyle Lowry (40)
  36. Domantas Sabonis (NR)
  37. LaMarcus Aldridge (26)
  38. Bam Adebayo (NR)
  39. Blake Griffin (24)
  40. C.J. McCollum (30)
  41. Kristaps Porzingis (NR)
  42. Draymond Green (28)
  43. Jrue Holiday (36)
  44. D’Angelo Russell (39)
  45. Jaylen Brown (NR)
  46. Tobias Harris (38)
  47. D’Aaron Fox (44)
  48. Malcolm Brogdon (46)
  49. Eric Bledsoe (49)
  50. Dennis Schroder (NR)
Honorable Mention: Gordon Hayward, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Andre Drummond, Kevin Love, John Collins, Terry Rozier, Evan Fournier, John Wall, Malik Beasley, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Ayton, Robert Covington, DeMar DeRozan.

Dropped from last year’s list: DeRozan, Mike Conley, Drummond, Buddy Hield, Love, Clint Capela, Steven Adams, John Collins.

My Reach Pick
: Malik Beasley, SG, Minnesota Timberwolves - The Denver Nuggets have allowed for both Beasley and Donovan Mitchell get away for the sake of keeping Gary Harris in the lineup. As the career of Harris continues to plateau, time will only tell if these decisions will cost them a title in the next five years. In Minnesota after the trade deadline, Beasley averaged 20.7 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game while connecting on 42.6 percent from three. An absolute steal by Gersson Rosas. While most of that production had come without D-Lo and KAT in the lineup, Malik's production after the deadline will at worst prove him to be a quality floor spacer. Add in the fact that Beasley will be well-rested and well-compensated in the bank by the time the 2020-21 season rolls around and there's a ton to like here.

looks pretty good if you ask me. I think Morant is a little high at 33...he will get there but not yet. Him - and Zion at 12 are based on potential i would guess

Id prob. move Beal ahead of Simmons and up a few spots. Siakam is a gutsy pick and while i might not have him that high he definitely deserves to be recognized.

I dont think i would take Bam in my 70 if i was re-drafting the entire NBA right now. Id move KEmba up a few spots and drop Ingram and Middleton a little bit.

but overall very good.

Doncic over Curry its gutsy - but right now if i was forced to only pick one id pick Doncic and wouldnt really even have to think about it that hard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me if they were even the load management for me would put Lebron ahead.

Kawhi is 28 and he is under load management.
Lebron is 35 and not under load management.

Something is wrong here lol.
David Griffin was able to get LeBron to buy in to the load management for a couple years despite LeBron's protests. No one else really has been able to get him to do that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Cavs i think could sneak on next year:

1. Colin Sexton
2. - dark horse- Larry Nance Jr.....his game was really improving. He was actually playing small forward before the season ended, and despite his height and size- was actually playing good defense, and showing more range then he ever had in his career. With Nance under contract, and with Love and Drummond, the Cavs will probably not pay TT, so Nance will get more minutes. I can see a 16 and 9 with very good defense and 3+ assists per game---- as well as being one of the best and most unselfish teammates i have ever seen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that haven't figured it out yet by Year 13 - My rankings are not a lifetime achievement award. For instance, if this was 2016, Stephen Curry would be unquestionably ranked higher than James Harden (@CitySushi ). However, a 32-year-old Steph Curry coming off a season in which he played in all of five games is not worthy of such a high ranking.

*Last year's ranking in parenthesis.
  1. Giannis Antetokounmpo (1)
  2. Kawhi Leonard (2) – His emergence as a facilitator for the Clippers allows him to hold off LeBron James, the greatest player of this generation, for the #2 spot – At least for 2020.
  3. LeBron James (4)
  4. James Harden (3)
  5. Anthony Davis (8)
  6. Kevin Durant (5)
  7. Luka Doncic (21)
  8. Stephen Curry (6)
  9. Damian Lillard (7)
  10. Russell Westbrook (10)
  11. Joel Embiid (12)
  12. Zion Williamson (NR)
  13. Nikola Jokic (11)
  14. Pascal Siakam (35)
  15. Paul George (9)
  16. Jayson Tatum (45)
  17. Karl-Anthony Towns (13)
  18. Kyrie Irving (14)
  19. Jimmy Butler (16)
  20. Ben Simmons (15)
  21. Klay Thompson (17)
  22. Donovan Mitchell (19)
  23. Bradley Beal (20)
  24. Trae Young (42)
  25. Brandon Ingram (NR)
  26. Khris Middleton (27)
  27. Kemba Walker (18)
  28. Rudy Gobert (23)
  29. Chris Paul (25)
  30. Devin Booker (34)
  31. Jamal Murray (31)
  32. Victor Oladipo (29)
  33. Ja Morant (NR)
  34. Nikola Vucevic (22)
  35. Kyle Lowry (40)
  36. Domantas Sabonis (NR)
  37. LaMarcus Aldridge (26)
  38. Bam Adebayo (NR)
  39. Blake Griffin (24)
  40. C.J. McCollum (30)
  41. Kristaps Porzingis (NR)
  42. Draymond Green (28)
  43. Jrue Holiday (36)
  44. D’Angelo Russell (39)
  45. Jaylen Brown (NR)
  46. Tobias Harris (38)
  47. D’Aaron Fox (44)
  48. Malcolm Brogdon (46)
  49. Eric Bledsoe (49)
  50. Dennis Schroder (NR)
Honorable Mention: Gordon Hayward, Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, Andre Drummond, Kevin Love, John Collins, Terry Rozier, Evan Fournier, John Wall, Malik Beasley, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Ayton, Robert Covington, DeMar DeRozan.

Dropped from last year’s list: DeRozan, Mike Conley, Drummond, Buddy Hield, Love, Clint Capela, Steven Adams, John Collins.

My Reach Pick
: Malik Beasley, SG, Minnesota Timberwolves - The Denver Nuggets have allowed for both Beasley and Donovan Mitchell get away for the sake of keeping Gary Harris in the lineup. As the career of Harris continues to plateau, time will only tell if these decisions will cost them a title in the next five years. In Minnesota after the trade deadline, Beasley averaged 20.7 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game while connecting on 42.6 percent from three. An absolute steal by Gersson Rosas. While most of that production had come without D-Lo and KAT in the lineup, Malik's production after the deadline will at worst prove him to be a quality floor spacer. Add in the fact that Beasley will be well-rested and well-compensated in the bank by the time the 2020-21 season rolls around and there's a ton to like here.

another prediction-- Draymond wont be on this list after next year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Cavs i think could sneak on next year:

1. Colin Sexton
2. - dark horse- Larry Nance Jr.....his game was really improving. He was actually playing small forward before the season ended, and despite his height and size- was actually playing good defense, and showing more range then he ever had in his career. With Nance under contract, and with Love and Drummond, the Cavs will probably not pay TT, so Nance will get more minutes. I can see a 16 and 9 with very good defense and 3+ assists per game---- as well as being one of the best and most unselfish teammates i have ever seen.
50 seems high for either. Though I agree with what you said about Nance for next season.

Yes, I did think he could do what Green does if he was on that type of team. We can see he's probably better than Green is on a bad team. Sadly, I don't think we find out what he can do on a good team for at least another couple years (or longer).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks pretty good if you ask me. I think Morant is a little high at 33...he will get there but not yet. Him - and Zion at 12 are based on potential i would guess

Id prob. move Beal ahead of Simmons and up a few spots. Siakam is a gutsy pick and while i might not have him that high he definitely deserves to be recognized.

I dont think i would take Bam in my 70 if i was re-drafting the entire NBA right now. Id move KEmba up a few spots and drop Ingram and Middleton a little bit.

but overall very good.

Doncic over Curry its gutsy - but right now if i was forced to only pick one id pick Doncic and wouldnt really even have to think about it that hard.

You would not have Bam in the top 70?

You really need to get over your biases dude. You were wrong about Bam. He is a very good player. He is a very good modern big defender and he has some offensive ability too. He won’t ever be a franchise superstar, but he can be a damn good 2nd or 3rd option on top teams.

Bam is no doubt top 40, maybe moving toward top 30.

But you would rather die on your hill alone.

Color me shocked.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really need to get over your biases dude. You were wrong about Bam. He is a very good player. He is a very good modern big defender and he has some offensive ability too. He won’t ever be a franchise superstar, but he can be a damn good 2nd or 3rd option on top teams.

Color me shocked.

22 year old all-star not in the top 70. Yeah, makes sense.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Color me shocked.

Ask yourself this question:

What does Bam bring to the table that Vuc and Sabonis don't? Defense...Maybe??? The answer is not much, if anything at all. And those other two guys can spread the floor a little. I think there's a little extra hype on Bam because he is in Miami.

My #38 ranking on him is fine and fair.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Clippers fan and I wouldn't put Kawhi above LeBron yet.

But, it's coming.

For all the load management complaints with Kawhi, he's only played 4 games fewer this year.

* Clippers have played a few more games *

But, James averaging double the assists keeps him ahead for me.

Gonna need to see KD back before I have an opinion on his ranking.

Overall, not bad at all.

Most of the season I had planned on moving LeBron up to #2, but then it donned on me that Kawhi has not done anything to warrant being moved down, outside of load management. In essence, I would have been rewarding James for manipulating a trade to bring his buddy with him to Hollywood.

And, well, ya'll know I can't do that. :clap:

LeBron's assists being up had more to do with him switching positions and not that he's a better playmaker this year than before. Most of my Lakers bonus points this year are going to Davis, and for good reason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does Bam bring to the table that Vuc and Sabonis don't? Defense...Maybe??? The answer is not much, if anything at all. And those other two guys can spread the floor a little. I think there's a little extra hype on Bam because he is in Miami.

You are quoting the wrong person here. I didn’t say a word about Vucevic or Sabonis. I think it is close between the 3, and obviously you do too as you have them within 5 spots of each other.

But your boy Wiggy said Bam isn’t top 70 in an NBA redraft (which his age is another plus). That comment is just plain indefensible.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why you defending Wiggy when clearly TLance was responding to where Wiggy wouldn't have him ranked in his top 70. SEVENTY.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably shouldn't be now.

Based off last years play, he'd be lucky if he was top 100. But as you guys said he's better with better talent. So him ranking in the top 50 players next year is entirely plausible probably likely.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you defending Wiggy when clearly TLance was responding to where Wiggy wouldn't have him ranked in his top 70. SEVENTY.

In an NBA redraft.

Where age, contract and years of team control make him even more valuable. Bam is probably top 20 once all that is factored in. A lot easier to build a team within the cap around a guy like Bam than a guy like Westbrook for example.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for @WiggyRuss

You are managing a team in NBA redraft.

It is pick 65 and Bam, Larry Nance Jr. and TT are still available. You need a big man.

Who you taking?