• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New ESPN Bracketology

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Arizona until Brandon Ashley went down. Still an excellent team, not final four; IMO. At any rate, this bracket list will be nothing close to the real one that goes up in march so nothing to get excited about at this time, IMO.

Just some info on AZ w/o Ashley. Still think it's too early to pick against AZ. They seem to be learning more and more how to play without him. It's doesn't look like it's that much of a detriment. Not saying that they are a lock for Dallas, but I just don't think they are lock for not making it, either.

the kenpom.com blog

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton put up 80 on San Diego State. I'm sure they'd do alright against UVA or Ohio State.

So they gave up more than 80. To SDSU. A bad offense. Which is exactly why I talk about creighton like this. They will not make the final four. End of story

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah even though they lost that game they put up a lot on a great defense. GW(awful game for even McDermott) and to a smaller extent SJU are the games where they have been slowed.

People clearly don't watch them enough. They can really only stop themselves by shooting poorly which rarely happens. They are going to shoot 3s, they are going to shoot them often. They space teams out like crazy and will force your low post presence try and guard on the perimeter.

Like it or not, Creighton is good and that is a very favorable draw in that bracket because there 1 weakness is inconsistent defense and no of those teams will be scary.

Try telling Colorado our offense isn't scary.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they gave up more than 80. To SDSU. A bad offense. Which is exactly why I talk about creighton like this. They will not make the final four. End of story

That is a really easy statement to make considering only 4 teams do make it.

If I make that statement I will be right 99% of the time.

It even becomes easier with no brackets.

I just find it weird that you think it's as simple as "playing good defense" on Creighton. Easier said then done. Especially when you have to deal with one of the best CBB players ever, a 50% 3P shooter, another that shoots 43% and two more near 40%

And to then flop saying that they allowed a bad offense to score a lot is ridiculous. So when your good defenses stopping them doesn't work you go to the flip side.

Simply put you only have 4 games to select from to even try to validate the argument.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try telling Colorado our offense isn't scary.

Again, cherry picking a game for a full seasons body of work.

But anyways, Zona is on the other end. They have to get through 3 teams(realistically 2) before Creighton based on this bracket anyways.

My point was teams like UVA and especially OSU would not scary Creighton. OSU can't shoot a lick. And I would love to see Amir Williams following Wragge out to the perimeter. You say how bad they got beat on the boards by Michigan. Carrying Williams out there and McDermott has a field day.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no fear of any team you mentioned.
Remember though, I am just a fan.
GO CATS! NC:noidea:

GL!

I really do hope tOSU meets Zona. I want them to meet the most talented team.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GL!

I really do hope tOSU meets Zona. I want them to meet the most talented team.

Thanks man, I think there are a lot of AZ fans that really want an opportunity for revenge from last year. Should be a great game; a battle between two elite PGs.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, cherry picking a game for a full seasons body of work.

But anyways, Zona is on the other end. They have to get through 3 teams(realistically 2) before Creighton based on this bracket anyways.

My point was teams like UVA and especially OSU would not scary Creighton. OSU can't shoot a lick. And I would love to see Amir Williams following Wragge out to the perimeter. You say how bad they got beat on the boards by Michigan. Carrying Williams out there and McDermott has a field day.

I like Creighton against those two. If they hit 3s like they did from there top 5 games this year they will be a tough tourney team, simple as that.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Wisconsin in a bracket with Iowa. They've beat them twice this year, but it's hard to go 3-0 against a team in a season.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Wisconsin in a bracket with Iowa. They've beat them twice this year, but it's hard to go 3-0 against a team in a season.

It's REALLY tough, and the winning team knows it which tends to make it worse.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a really easy statement to make considering only 4 teams do make it.

If I make that statement I will be right 99% of the time.

It even becomes easier with no brackets.

I just find it weird that you think it's as simple as "playing good defense" on Creighton. Easier said then done. Especially when you have to deal with one of the best CBB players ever, a 50% 3P shooter, another that shoots 43% and two more near 40%

And to then flop saying that they allowed a bad offense to score a lot is ridiculous. So when your good defenses stopping them doesn't work you go to the flip side.

Simply put you only have 4 games to select from to even try to validate the argument.

i know that's an easy statement. but here are the teams I would NOT have made that statement about:

Florida
Wichita St
Arizona
Syracuse
Wisconsin
Kansas
Iowa
Michigan
MSU
Iowa St
UNC

Notice I left off both Creighton and 'Nova. The Big East is so bad this year that these two good but not great teams have lost like 5 games total. I don't see either getting past the Sweet 16, because whoever they play there will be better than any competition they have faced all year

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

you have been saying Cincy for weeks...one loss to Louisville and you aren't thinking that now? what gives?

I said Elite 8. I'm not a complete homer.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know that's an easy statement. but here are the teams I would NOT have made that statement about:

Florida
Wichita St
Arizona
Syracuse
Wisconsin
Kansas
Iowa
Michigan
MSU
Iowa St
UNC

Notice I left off both Creighton and 'Nova. The Big East is so bad this year that these two good but not great teams have lost like 5 games total. I don't see either getting past the Sweet 16, because whoever they play there will be better than any competition they have faced all year

The BE only has two really bad teams though for this year. Two of their headliners happen to be down but its a 10 team league with 7 still alive for at large bids and more than likely 5 or half the league is getting in.

It takes something to win those games.

I don't think it really needs bringing up Nova and Georgetown and some of their out of league wins. And it appears Lavin has finally learned to coach all the talent he has.

While the BE is bad. There are only 2 teams that you can say "win". So with a read round robin conference these bubble teams or better are playing 12/18 games against teams fighting for post season play.

The fact Nova hasn't slipped up once is impressive.