• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska gets no love in the Coaches Poll

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the NFL is it?

Should we punish an undefeated Notre Dame, ACC, PAC, BIG 12, or Big 10 champ because they didn't play #11 Ole Miss who has beaten Boise, Vandy, ULL, and Memphis?

How about we punish an undefeated Notre Dame, ACC, PAC, Big 12 or Big 10 champ because they didn't beat #12 Mississippi St who has beaten Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama, and UT Martin?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is fred knows only ONE of Alabama's 3 NC's over the last 5 years was unblemished.

Alabama doesn't appear to show up every week so they automatically get a do-over.

And you know unless conference champions get pretty much an automatic birth the B1G is screwed. Just like every other B1G fan that pushes this absolute bullshit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apply the same reasoning to the Big 5 and the principle and logic remains the same. Within the big 5 the same dynamic is at play. All conferences and schedules arent close to being equal. Thus why there are a fucking thousand strength of schedule and conference rankings sites.....It matters.

Win or take your chances in the pool of other teams that didn't show up a week or two.

kleenex.gif

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we punish an undefeated Notre Dame, ACC, PAC, Big 12 or Big 10 champ because they didn't beat #12 Mississippi St who has beaten Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama, and UT Martin?

I'm glad you brought that up, by your thought process Miss State should be considered better than Michigan State right now because Miss State has done 'what they were asked to do' and MSU has lost a game. You for bumping Miss State up further?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know unless conference champions get pretty much an automatic birth the B1G is screwed. Just like every other B1G fan that pushes this absolute bullshit.

All I care about is Nebraska. I care about Nebraska winning all of it's games. if they can't do that then they don't deserve anything. I could care less about the conference and whether or not another Big 10 member gets into the Play-Off.

That keeps me from being a nutswinger.

You on the other hand are a nutswinger extraordinaire.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you brought that up, by your thought process Miss State should be considered better than Michigan State right now because Miss State has done 'what they were asked to do' and MSU has lost a game. You for bumping Miss State up further?

No. Not at all. I didn't even come close to alluding that. I'm very consistent.

If Mississippi St goes undefeated they deserve an automatic spot in the play-off.

Michigan St is already in the pool of losers.

Why are you SEC nutswingers already establishing the 4 play-off teams when there are another 8 weeks of games to play?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I care about is Nebraska. I care about Nebraska winning all of it's games. if they can't do that then they don't deserve anything. I could care less about the conference and whether or not another Big 10 member gets into the Play-Off.

That keeps me from being a nutswinger.

You on the other hand are a nutswinger extraordinaire.

That's ass backwards of your own logic. You want conferences to matter more and competition and performance to matter less. Wow.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slurp on the Mothership's ballz nutswingers.

The 4 play-off teams have been determined by espn in week 5. LMAO!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ass backwards of your own logic. You want conferences to matter more and competition and performance to matter less. Wow.

I don't give a shit what conference anybody is in. Only that they are undefeated. That is the only guarantee into the play-off. No other Big 10 teams are undefeated, therefore none of them are guaranteed shit.

I'm consistent. You're all over the place with straw-man bullshit.

"But it's Nick Saban, it's Alabama, it's the SEC, espn says so". - fred

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not at all. I didn't even come close to alluding that. I'm very consistent.

If Mississippi St goes undefeated they deserve an automatic spot in the play-off.

Michigan St is already in the pool of losers.

Why are you SEC nutswingers already establishing the 4 play-off teams when there are another 8 weeks of games to play?

You imbecile. You do remember we were exploring a hypothetical right?

Ha. It's hilarious that you don't understand you're refuting your own point. Miss State shouldnt be ranked above MSU right now for the SAME reason that a team with one less loss shouldn't necessarily be ranked ahead of a team with one more loss at the end of the season.

Follow your own logic!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You imbecile. You do remember we were exploring a hypothetical right?

Ha. It's hilarious that you don't understand you're refuting your own point. Miss State should be ranked above MSU right now for the SAME reason that a team with one less loss shouldn't necessarily be ranked ahead of a team with one more loss at the end of the season.

Follow your own logic!

Did I ever say Michigan St should be ranked ahead of Mississippi St.?

No. I didn't think so.

Go to bed, nutswinger. You bore me.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your insults need some work.

Take notes from Skeletor.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pC0ewS2Zesg[/ame]

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. And please keep in mind opponents rankings are within a few positions of each other.

Is it better to go undefeated against, say 2 ranked teams, or is it better to beat 2 ranked teams and lose to a third?

Another scenario. Go undefeated against your entire schedule, including, say 2 ranked teams, or is it better to go 11-1 beating 3 ranked teams and losing to an unranked team?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same arguements again and again.

Here's the thing, an undefeated team from the Power 5 + ND automatically deserves to be in. How can you prove an undefeated team from the Power 5 + ND isn't the best team if they aren't in the playoff? Now as has been stated, if there are 5 undefeated teams at the end of the season, then yes, leave out the B1G representative as the conference seems inferior based on the first few weeks of the season.

However if the B1G representative is the only undefeated team, then they get in and all the 1/2 loss teams can fight for the remaining 3 spots.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. And please keep in mind opponents rankings are within a few positions of each other.

Is it better to go undefeated against, say 2 ranked teams, or is it better to beat 2 ranked teams and lose to a third?

Another scenario. Go undefeated against your entire schedule, including, say 2 ranked teams, or is it better to go 11-1 beating 3 ranked teams and losing to an unranked team?

It's situational. Human discretion, etc.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all moot anyway. as much as I love Nebraska, I don't have a lot of confidence in Bo winning a big game @ MSU. I also don't have a ton of faith in our QB as he telegraphs passes worse than junior high QBs.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska better win or half the threads here will disappear.