• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's v. Mets 7/28 - 7/30

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they are under .500 so by definition that's not a very good team isn't it? I wouldn't call them good, I'd call them average at best, but I sure can't call them 'very good', nor are they even in the same zip code as a very good team.

My daughter is 15. She has never witnessed a mariners playoff game. That's tragic.

Mine are 9, never seen a Mariners playoff game or a NBA basketball game and I politically refuse to go to watch the Storm...but they did see 0-12 even if they don't recall it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it from the response to my post where I said:

You didn't agree and I said I really wouldn't call them very good.

Pulling this game out won't change that. They would be back at that .500 mark again ready to go on yet another 3-4 game slide. It's what they do.
So me disagreeing with them being not very good is the same as me saying they are good/ very good?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like good Mike Zunino more than bad Mike Zunino

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So me disagreeing with them being not very good is the same as me saying they are good/ very good?
You seem bent on fighting over nothing.

This team isn't good. That's my belief. It is based on their inconsistent play this year and all of their errors and base running blunders. They are a better hitting team than recent years, but also maybe the worst in pitching I can recall in some time.

You simply can't blame fans of a team that has been this bad for this long. A team that shown over and over not to give one care for their fans or the product they put out as long as they make money. An organization that actively tries to prevent other sports teams from coming back to our city. I could go on and on and on, but this has been a black hole of an organization for a very long time.

Of course this is still my team. I was in the ball park during the 2001 ALCS and spent a lot of my youth going to games every year. I'd like nothing more than to live long enough to see the resurgence and a change in how this organization treats its fans and the community. Right now, however, they have more than earned the ire they draw from much of our city.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team isn't good. That's my belief. It is based on their inconsistent play this year and all of their errors and base running blunders. They are a better hitting team than recent years, but also maybe the worst in pitching I can recall in some time.

You simply can't blame fans of a team that has been this bad for this long. A team that shown over and over not to give one care for their fans or the product they put out as long as they make money. An organization that actively tries to prevent other sports teams from coming back to our city. I could go on and on and on, but this has been a black hole of an organization for a very long time.

Of course this is still my team. I was in the ball park during the 2001 ALCS and spent a lot of my youth going to games every year. I'd like nothing more than to live long enough to see the resurgence and a change in how this organization treats its fans and the community. Right now, however, they have more than earned the ire they draw from much of our city.
Not trying to fight, in my first post i said they are very inconsistent, and while they havent played up to it, it is my belief they are a decent team, im just more confused on where I said they were a good team, because that wasnt my intent.
But I think we a pretty much on the same page.
Im also pretty tired right now, so I do apologize if my though arent as coherent as id like them to be.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine are 9, never seen a Mariners playoff game or a NBA basketball game and I politically refuse to go to watch the Storm...but they did see 0-12 even if they don't recall it.

I just refuse to watch women's sports. No interest.

Politically incorrect to say, but I genuinely have absolutely zero interest in watching women play sports.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still in my 20s and I think the same thing.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to fight, in my first post i said they are very inconsistent, and while they havent played up to it, it is my belief they are a decent team, im just more confused on where I said they were a good team, because that wasnt my intent.
But I think we a pretty much on the same page.
Im also pretty tired right now, so I do apologize if my though arent as coherent as id like them to be.
This team isn't very good and it isn't very bad either. "Decent" or "average" is a good way to put it, they will do enough for a stretch to draw you back in only to shit all over their pants again.

That being said, I hope you're not content with them just being "decent" as the growing frustration from not making the playoffs is at its boiling point for those that cares.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gee, that amazing M's bullpen blew another lead, imagine that.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... meatball much? That's right down the middle. :L

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team isn't very good and it isn't very bad either. "Decent" or "average" is a good way to put it, they will do enough for a stretch to draw you back in only to shit all over their pants again.

That being said, I hope you're not content with them just being "decent" as the growing frustration from not making the playoffs is at its boiling point for those that cares.
Obviously im not content with where they are right now, Ive been very frustrated with them for the most part of the season, I just think they arent playing up to their potential.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... meatball much? That's right now the middle. :L
Im actually thinking about getting them to replace "Meatball" with "The Mariner Special"

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously im not content with where they are right now, Ive been very frustrated with them for the most part of the season, I just think they arent playing up to their potential.
I disagree, this team will only go as far as the talent allows. I don't see any untapped potential.
If what Dipoto is saying is true about being done before the deadline, they'll stick around .500 and hope a few other teams fall flat on their face and they sneak into a WC spot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just refuse to watch women's sports. No interest.

Politically incorrect to say, but I genuinely have absolutely zero interest in watching women play sports.
I could watch womens pro beach volleyball for hours. :nod:

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, this team will only go as far as the talent allows. I don't see any untapped potential.
If what Dipoto is saying is true about being done before the deadline, they'll stick around .500 and hope a few other teams fall flat on their face and they sneak into a WC spot.
I can agree with, luckily most of the other teams in the American league arent that great either, so if we can hang then make a push that might do, I doubt it happens but its possible.
Id be very frustrated if they stood pat from the last trade.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like it took Phelps a start or two, but it looks like he is finally buying into the way our bullpen does things.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats bullpuckey

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Phelps is fitting right in w/ the rest of these guys in the pen. Bravo!