• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Montreal Canadiens(2) vs. New York Rangers(2) | ECF

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TerrificSecondaryCero.gif

A Ranger fan friend of mine was actually going off about this a little. "See how Prust hit his head?"

I thought this and PK with Marty St Louis were the best moments of the handshake line.

That's how a handshake line is done, take notes, Lucic.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost thought CBC was gonna totally miss that handshake line moment ... seemed like they were so intent on showing Paciorettys mom all game

its such a great thing i just dont know why they dont focus on it much more than random fans in the stands

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how a handshake line is done, take notes, Lucic.

If those two just coldly nodded and didn't say a word, I would have understood.

But Lucic threatened to kill someone for "flexing" to mock him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those two just coldly nodded and didn't say a word, I would have understood.

But Lucic threatened to kill someone for "flexing" to mock him.

Milan Lucic now threatens to kill anyone who mocks him on the "flex cam"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^that story could use some more of "la redaction"

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much it. Idiotic scheduling in the Pens series aside, 7 games against a big physical team like Boston is going to take more out of you than 7 games against a finesse team like Pittsburgh.

More than anything, I think it speaks to the depth of the Rangers vs. the Habs. The Habs bench was pretty short by the end of the series because they had to rely more on their top guys while the Rangers had better depth and could afford to give some of the top guys (McDonagh being the main exception) a little more time to breathe.

sorry boys but I ain't buying the excuses abt the Boston series and the poor Habs were a little tuckered out. It's the Goddamned playoffs for crissakes and the Rangers had played more games than the Habs. Bottom line the Rangers skated them into the ice the whole series becuz they're a better team. There isn't any more to it than that , except Subban single handedly gave us 2 games which we gladly accepted

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry boys but I ain't buying the excuses abt the Boston series and the poor Habs were a little tuckered out. It's the Goddamned playoffs for crissakes and the Rangers had played more games than the Habs. Bottom line the Rangers skated them into the ice the whole series becuz they're a better team. There isn't any more to it than that , except Subban single handedly gave us 2 games which we gladly accepted

Hey, congrats on the win. Enjoy the finals.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I hate the Habs, but if you took Hank out of the equation like Price was, I'm not so sure the Rangers would be the ones advancing. And the Rangers sure as hell wouldn't stand a chance against the Kings/Blackhawks.

But alas, you successfully took out the guy who almost single handedly beat the Bruins (not to take anything away from Montreal's offense/defense which was excellent). So I guess congrats on the win. Now get crushed in the Finals, thanks (unless you face the Blackhawks, then you can win).

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And taking out their starting goalie had NOTHING to do with it. Don't give your boys too much credit, LR. :lame:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, congrats on the win. Enjoy the finals.

Hell of a series! Can't believe how well Dustin played last night. Without him, it's easily a 3-0 or 4-0 game for us. Major props to the kid. He may be able to find a job somewhere else.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much it. Idiotic scheduling in the Pens series aside, 7 games against a big physical team like Boston is going to take more out of you than 7 games against a finesse team like Pittsburgh.

More than anything, I think it speaks to the depth of the Rangers vs. the Habs. The Habs bench was pretty short by the end of the series because they had to rely more on their top guys while the Rangers had better depth and could afford to give some of the top guys (McDonagh being the main exception) a little more time to breathe.

I mean we did play games 6 and 7 on back-to-back nights, that killed us as well. At one point we played 6 games in 9 days, which is alittle ridiculous. I think both teams were exhausted, definitely the Habs physically because of the Bruins. Rangers went 7 in both series, Idk if i'm gonna give the edge to the Habs, just because of the Bruins series going 7. Either way, both played pretty tired.

Just glad my team was able to prevail.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, I hate the Habs, but if you took Hank out of the equation like Price was, I'm not so sure the Rangers would be the ones advancing. And the Rangers sure as hell wouldn't stand a chance against the Kings/Blackhawks.

But alas, you successfully took out the guy who almost single handedly beat the Bruins (not to take anything away from Montreal's offense/defense which was excellent). So I guess congrats on the win. Now get crushed in the Finals, thanks (unless you face the Blackhawks, then you can win).

"Now get crushed in the Finals," yeah...we want the Kings!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the doubters. Seeing plenty of it already, we can't hang with the West? Alrighty then. Can't wait to see my team prove every doubter wrong.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NBCSportsPR: New York delivered its best NHL rating ever on NBC/NBCSN w 8.5 rating for last night's Game 6, surpassing Tuesday’s 7.1 for Game 5.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the doubters. Seeing plenty of it already, we can't hang with the West? Alrighty then. Can't wait to see my team prove every doubter wrong.

There's only 2 sides, JD. You're either a doubter or a homer. I'll say this, if it does turn out to be NYR v LAK, I hope you can handle the trash talk from the other side better than you did with the Habs fans. Those LA guys can be bru-tal. :suds:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I haven't been around here posting lately mostly due to these boards getting a little too much like ESPN but I have been coming and reading a few posts here and there and have been watching the games of course. I don't really care much for either of these teams and never will but fwiw, my 2 cents are this on the series. The loss of Price was significant for sure. The guy is a top 5 goalie in the world, imo and that can't be replaced. Having said that, Tokarski came in and kept the Habs in this series much longer than they should have been. Aside from the explosion of game 5, the Habs were lifeless in this series. New York was by far the better team from start to finish. Tokarski single handedly stole game 3 and almost games 4 and 6. The goaltending was not the deciding factor. The team out front was awful for some large time frames in the series. They turned the puck over consistently and left their goaltender hanging on too many occasions. Part of that was the Rangers speed and relentless forecheck but Subban was not good for most of the series and Montreal's offense was non-existent. As far as the fatigue, I don't believe in that come play-off time. Everybody is playing on pure adrenalin this time of year. I think the Habs might have been mentally drained from the Bruin series but it shouldn't last more than a game, imo. The bottom line is the Rangers took the series because they were a better team in the series. No insult to Montreal and no excuses. The thing is over and we have one team decided for the cup final. We will see who they face soon enough and see if they can bring it against LA or Chi.