• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Montreal Canadiens(2) vs. New York Rangers(2) | ECF

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got to say this.

I have been a lil critical with Montreal this year.

Tonight is no different.

A famous coach once said

[YOUTUBE]b5-iJUuPWis[/YOUTUBE]

Montreal showed no heart, no passion in the last 30 seconds. Like they just gave up.

They didn't want it. New York did

You're going to judge them for the last 30 seconds of the game? Seriously? If they just gave up, why the heck didn't they just give up earlier in this series? They probably should have been swept but they got to six games and made a serious fight of this series

That statement is borderline garbage

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal played one hell of a series behind a rookie netminder. Nothing but big props to Dusty and the Habs.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Rangers tho...LOL

Been waiting for this post! LOLOL

avZf09U.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks are middle of the pack height and weight wise
Kings are top 5 in height & heaviest team in the league. Yet thet can still fly

If i were a rangers fan id be hoping for the hawks

They are both possession monsters.

Watch those two teams when they lose the puck. They aren't thinking "OK, the other team has the puck now, let's make sure nothing bad happens". They are thinking "Those fuckers have OUR puck, let's go get it back!"

It's so beautiful to watch

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts fired: May 29th 2013
Rangers reach the Cup: May 29th 2014

Coincidence?!

Couldn't be any prouder of AV and how he turned this team around after everyone was calling for his head in October. Glad I kept faith in him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PK sucked pretty much the entire series, couldn't keep his head on his shoulders, took dumb penalties, was completely neutralized. Vanek does not deserve whatever contract he gets this summer (for the love of God Lou, stay away). I don't know if they were gassed or just played over their heads in other rounds but I was not impressed by Montreal as a team. I didn't even think the Rangers played a great series they just took advantage whent hey got the chances.

Congrats to Ranger fans, things have been pretty miserable since 94 so your patience has paid off.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I love AV!

Q. Someone gives you a phone call in late October this year and says, by the way you’ll be in the Cup Finals this year, what would have been your honest reaction at that moment?
COACH VIGNEAULT: In October (laughing)? Probably would have said what are you smoking (laughing)?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I normally try not to agree with anything Pierre says, I think he was right on about the Habs being gassed last night.

They had obviously played fewer games than the Rangers this post-season, but I think that Boston series took a lot more out of them than people realized.

Hank played well last night, and any shutout is an impressive performance, but to me the credit has to go to the skaters. The Habs were one period away from elimination and yet they could only manage 5 shots on goal in the 3rd, none of them particularly dangerous because the Rags didn't give them time to do anything.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I normally try not to agree with anything Pierre says, I think he was right on about the Habs being gassed last night.

They had obviously played fewer games than the Rangers this post-season, but I think that Boston series took a lot more out of them than people realized.

Hank played well last night, and any shutout is an impressive performance, but to me the credit has to go to the skaters. The Habs were one period away from elimination and yet they could only manage 5 shots on goal in the 3rd, none of them particularly dangerous because the Rags didn't give them time to do anything.

That's because the Bruins tried to beat them up instead of trying to actually beat them.

I get Pierre mentioning that, but the Habs coast through round 1 and yeah they played 7 with Boston, but we played 7 in both rounds. Think we were gassed as well, but the Bruins series definitely took a toll out on them. No doubt about it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the Bruins tried to beat them up instead of trying to actually beat them.

I get Pierre mentioning that, but the Habs coast through round 1 and yeah they played 7 with Boston, but we played 7 in both rounds. Think we were gassed as well, but the Bruins series definitely took a toll out on them. No doubt about it.

That's pretty much it. Idiotic scheduling in the Pens series aside, 7 games against a big physical team like Boston is going to take more out of you than 7 games against a finesse team like Pittsburgh.

More than anything, I think it speaks to the depth of the Rangers vs. the Habs. The Habs bench was pretty short by the end of the series because they had to rely more on their top guys while the Rangers had better depth and could afford to give some of the top guys (McDonagh being the main exception) a little more time to breathe.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
854928210.gif

Obviously not last night.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TerrificSecondaryCero.gif

A Ranger fan friend of mine was actually going off about this a little. "See how Prust hit his head?"

I thought this and PK with Marty St Louis were the best moments of the handshake line.