• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mini camp thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why stick with pedestrian ? dean the only way you convince me RR is the man for the job is if he shows up at an NFC title game . anything less is accepting of avg
Again, you have to look at the totality of what Rivera has done here and CAR. Rivera has a tremendous amount of power and has accomplished nothing of note on the field. He had also contributed to off the field blunders as well. As usual, Dean is not seeing the big picture. He views the franchise through a week to week lense and only looks at what happens on the field. This is an incredibly short sighted view. We need someone who can oversee a complete rebrand, overhaul, and upgrade to the entire franchise. Why would we want rivera to be that guy? What experience does have that would help with this undertaking? Rivera has actually helped contribute to the problem.

Dean has admitted that the past should not be a factor when considering future decisions. Rivera is the GM and head of the organization. He has done some positive things but his strength is clearly not running a front office and orchestrating off the field strategy.

I would love his thoughts in this but he simply repeats himself over and over again about how 1 winning season is enough to give Rivera the authority to rebuild the franchise. He is apparently ignoring me as well as he could not deal with negativity. Whatever that means?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have to look at the totality of what Rivera has done here and CAR. Rivera has a tremendous amount of power and has accomplished nothing of note on the field. He had also contributed to off the field blunders as well. As usual, Dean is not seeing the big picture. He views the franchise through a week to week lense and only looks at what happens on the field. This is an incredibly short sighted view. We need someone who can oversee a complete rebrand, overhaul, and upgrade to the entire franchise. Why would we want rivera to be that guy? What experience does have that would help with this undertaking? Rivera has actually helped contribute to the problem.

Dean has admitted that the past should not be a factor when considering future decisions. Rivera is the GM and head of the organization. He has done some positive things but his strength is clearly not running a front office and orchestrating off the field strategy.

I would love his thoughts in this but he simply repeats himself over and over again about how 1 winning season is enough to give Rivera the authority to rebuild the franchise. He is apparently ignoring me as well as he could not deal with negativity. Whatever that means?
thats the totality of it , his career doesnt speak to long term strategy

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the totality of it , his career doesnt speak to long term strategy
If Harris had you on the phone and asked who they should hire, who would you suggest?

I would raid the Chiefs front office...or...go after the Bills front office.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why stick with pedestrian ? dean the only way you convince me RR is the man for the job is if he shows up at an NFC title game . anything less is accepting of avg
winning a playoff game this year and if finding out if SH is our QB is not pedestrian. like gk said good qb play makes this team a double-digit win team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find funny is that the Giants had 5 losing seasons in a row, yet, they hired a GM from a winning organization and then hired a young offense coach and then they actually win in the playoffs. Can anyone explain that to me?

You mean to tell me that Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll needed just 1 year to turn around a 4 win team into a playoff-winning team? If it took them just 1 season, why is it taking Rivera 4 years to do just that? Dean still refuses to admit that the Giants are a playoff-winning team that should be taken seriously. So who is the better group: Schoen/Daboll or Rivera? Better yet, where does Rivera rank in terms of HC and GM in the NFC East right now? Is he 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th?

I literally don't understand the sudden fan love for Rivera. Nearly every thread is hijacked by Dean with his agenda posting about how Rivera "might" get to 9 wins and "should" stick around if they win a playoff game. This is the Carson Wentz loop all over again.

Rivera has had 5 straight losing seasons and this is the savior we are hoping for to rebuild the franchise? Again, you have to jump through 3 hoops to get a point where Rivera MIGHT stick around. You have to assume that

Howell is the franchise QB
Rivera gets the team to the playoffs
Rivera actually wins in the playoffs

1 of those might happen or maybe even 2...but I doubt all 3 happen. If the phrase "if we only had good QB play" is going to be taken as a fact, then you must also take as a fact that Rivera is responsible for NOT securing good QB play in his first 3 years.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also believe we have a strong roster. So what you are saying is if we get good QB play we will be contenders this year?

If Sam Howe, plays like Carson Wentz, we will pick top 5.

If Sam Howell plays like Daniel Jones, we should contend for the division and be a wild card.

If Sam Howell plays like Lamar Jackson, we should win the division…depending on just how good Philly is.

If Sam Howell plays like Herbert, we should win a playoff game…or two.

If Sam Howell plays like Burrow, we should be in the conference championship.

If Sam Howell plays like Mahomes, we should be in the Super Bowl and possibly win.

This all goes to shit if the OL is horrendous.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harris had you on the phone and asked who they should hire, who would you suggest?

I would raid the Chiefs front office...or...go after the Bills front office.
kyle smith as GM would be my start

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning a playoff game this year and if finding out if SH is our QB is not pedestrian. like gk said good qb play makes this team a double-digit win team.
looking into the future we will lose some very key players , and RR's career doesnt over ride the flash in the pan

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Sam Howell plays like Daniel Jones, we should contend for the division and be a wild card.

If Sam Howell plays like Lamar Jackson, we should win the division…depending on just how good Philly is.

If Sam Howell plays like Mahomes, we should be in the Super Bowl and possibly win.

i am thinking SH will put up numbers like KC had in his 1st year of starting . is that enough ? 4100 yds 29 tds 11 ints

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking into the future we will lose some very key players , and RR's career doesnt over ride the flash in the pan

the flash in the pan might keep RR around for one more year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

great post

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the wizards, yes, they are saying all the right things. I agree that the engineered teams are annoying and is not good for the game. Just my opinion.
I have been frustrated by leonosis tolerating ernie grunfeld and then his understudy, Tommy Shephard. Leonosis made the mistake of promoting Shephard instead of looking outside then organization. Shephard was ernies right hand man and it made no sense to simply turn it over to someone who has the same approach and philosophy. The results were predictable. I still don't like that leonosis is demanding that unseld Jr stick around for year 3. They team has not improved at all. Just my opinion.

I took a peak at the team records under the Harris tenure with the 76ers and devils. I was surprised that the 76ers had 6 straight losing seasons until it was turned around. I am not sure why that happened. I will say that Harris doesn't have that same latitude with the commanders. Magic will help in that regard. Looks like the devils have been up and down. Good news is that both teams are now strong and competitive.
I like Ted okay but he is not a great owner. Either was Abe Pollin. Bob Ferry built the last Washington team to be any good. The Caps sucked in the right year so they got Ovechkin, McPhee added some good pieces after that but their coaching choices have been strange. They made mistakes after they won the SC. They handed out way too many 7 year contracts that should have been 4 year contracts at best.

Harris has all the latitude, he is the majority owner. His first point of business is to be a better person than Snyder and to respect fans again. Harris has 12 years experience as 76ers owner and 10 as the Devils. I imagine he has learned a few things since then. I think the No. 1 thing in the ownership change is having a better person Snyder. I was just cautioning that this might not turn around in a year or two. You know as well as I do that three years in the NFL is a long time. This team could look a lot different in 2025-2026.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s pretty simple. With better qb play RR would look a lot better as a coach. Other than the qb position I like the team these guys have built. Jason Wright can kick rocks! I have hope Howell may finally solve this nightmare of 20+ years

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ted okay but he is not a great owner. Either was Abe Pollin. Bob Ferry built the last Washington team to be any good. The Caps sucked in the right year so they got Ovechkin, McPhee added some good pieces after that but their coaching choices have been strange. They made mistakes after they won the SC. They handed out way too many 7 year contracts that should have been 4 year contracts at best.

Harris has all the latitude, he is the majority owner. His first point of business is to be a better person than Snyder and to respect fans again. Harris has 12 years experience as 76ers owner and 10 as the Devils. I imagine he has learned a few things since then. I think the No. 1 thing in the ownership change is having a better person Snyder. I was just cautioning that this might not turn around in a year or two. You know as well as I do that three years in the NFL is a long time. This team could look a lot different in 2025-2026.
I meant latitude with taking 6 years to get a winning product on the field. He needs to win the trust of the fans quickly. A winning product meaning that we make the post season on a consistent basis and win games in the offseason.

I agree that the first order of business is simply running an honest organization. That should start building trust I feel. Staying out of the news will help for sure. Immediately apologize for the past contamination of Snyder and point to the future. Let the victims have a voice and be transparent.

I think that trust building comes quickly and harris and magic can do it. Simply interacting with the fans and not treating the fanbase as members of the snyder kingdom will help. At some point, improvements must be made to the field/fan experience and the team on the field. That will not happen overnight, however, if marked progress is made, I believe the fans will fully support it.

I think we have shell-shocked fans as we are tired of losing and tired of being on espn for yet another scandal. I for one am numb to it at this point. We need hope and change period. We need to reclaim DC and the surrounding area and need to make it essy for former fans to come back. It will not be a quick turnaround like you said. The entire franchise needs to be cleansed. Almost every single aspect of the franchise had embraced mediocrity or was a knee jerk decision by snyder to show the league he was current with the times. I am not interested in either one.

I am not sure another nfl team has ever gone through what we really should go through...outside an expansion team. We were literally the worst run american pro team. One winning season doesn't solve everything. It is much deeper than that. Harris and magic have their work cut out.

Last edited: