• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mini camp thread 2023

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters, I never said the team suxed after they beat the eagles. That is a lie that Dean keeps saying over and over again. I went through the eagles post game thread twice and there is zero evidence that I made that comment. I thought it was a lucky win period. I wasn't ready to crown the team as a super bowl contender after that win. If they continued to beat elite teams, then I was happy to change my view on it. As skinsdad pointed out, if you don't fit deans description of a fan, you are not a fan of the team. He then claims we should debate opinions openly. He is contradicting himself again and wonders why nobody agrees with him.

Dean is again trying to be the morale police on the board and is back to making up stories to push his agenda. We should openly discuss and debate. However, falsifying information, making up reports, and claiming posters say something that they did not is out of line. I confronted Dean with this and I am now ignored. It had nothing to do with being negative at all.

Dean is literally posting here to prove he is always right and to improve moral with the team with propaganda. I think both of these are wrong and have no place on the board. Again, this is my opinion and I am not attempting to speak for the board. It is obvious why a few posters here leave him alone and don't follow him. I am not trying to persuade anyone from responding to Dean either. I want that to be clear.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would i be in shock? what flack? We debate on this board all the time. What is wrong with that? True fans dont say this team sucks after beating the Eagles when they haven't lost a game yet. Its years and years of my opinion. we can debate each other opinions. Its a message board. Right now KC doesn't really matter. You keep bringing it up so be it, but of course you forget to add all the other issues at QB we had after KC. Which is a big reason why we cannot solve the QB issue. If it makes you feel good keep bringing up KC.
This is your typical response.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What flack ? You really said that Dean ? Come on let’s start with the wince fiasco which you were utterly proven wrong . You are saying you didn’t take flack for your stance ? Come on

you want to move off of the KC / Wince debate because of the flack you get over your positions and it’s because any opposing view isn’t genuine in your mind .

the RR debate isn’t as much about what Harris will really do but what he should do . You accept mediocrity, while we don’t . And when the inevitable happens to RR you will get more flack then you can imagine whether RR finishes his contract or not .

harris won’t go with the coach centric approach unless RR competes for super bowls , he will want to put his ideas into action

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What flack ? You really said that Dean ? Come on let’s start with the wince fiasco which you were utterly proven wrong . You are saying you didn’t take flack for your stance ? Come on

you want to move off of the KC / Wince debate because of the flack you get over your positions and it’s because any opposing view isn’t genuine in your mind .

the RR debate isn’t as much about what Harris will really do but what he should do . You accept mediocrity, while we don’t . And when the inevitable happens to RR you will get more flack then you can imagine whether RR finishes his contract or not .

harris won’t go with the coach centric approach unless RR competes for super bowls , he will want to put his ideas into action
Bingo!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted by opinions about the CW situation. It didn't work out, so we moved on. Why would I get more flack for RR? I said he was on the hot seat. If he wins a playoff game, I think he should stay as coach. Why would I get flack for that? We dont know what Harris will do. Of course, if RR fails this year he is probably gone.

You guys want RR gone no matter what and calling this a lame duck year. That's fine, your minds are already made up. You want the guy gone even if he wins.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted by opinions about the CW situation. It didn't work out, so we moved on. Why would I get more flack for RR? I said he was on the hot seat. If he wins a playoff game, I think he should stay as coach. Why would I get flack for that? We dont know what Harris will do. Of course, if RR fails this year he is probably gone.

You guys want RR gone no matter what and calling this a lame duck year. That's fine, your minds are already made up. You want the guy gone even if he wins.
You will get flack for that because it’s foolish . You get flack for it because you fall on your sword for it .
have we moved on dean ? Absolutely not as we are still discussing KC , Wince and RR. And hell I can can add Falco and others

and you really want to lecture me about my mind being made up with no mention of yours ?

astute people certainly acknowledge this is a lame duck year because of history , and simple deduction. A new owner wants to put HIS or HER stamp on his new acquisition and on field performance in the positive may not change it especially when it’s mediocre performance . Sorry but winning a playoff game with a 9-8 record is the Indiana pacers of the NFL

he will need a conference championship game appearance and double digit wins to have a shot at the new owner wanting a guy with 3 winning seasons on his 12 yr resume to call the shots

that is my assessment based on historical fact not on Homerism

and I can tell you now you will get flack regardless if RR finishes his contract or not because his time is short the minute the NFL approves the sale . He is a lame duck whether you or him realize it or not since you are hard core defending him and dismissing all other view points you will get the treatment

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean forgot to mention that he was here on Thanksgiving and Christmas day arguing with posters about his hero wentz. He should stop playing the pretend victim.

We Want rivera gone because he is not a GM. He is a wannabe GM and a bad one at that. The new GM and president will oversee and overhaul of the team, front office, and culture. Claiming that 1 winning season qualifies him for this is simply absurd and laughable. It shows zero critical thinking.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. What ego? I know we don't have an answer at QB yet. Hopefully SH is it. Defending Wentz or RR has nothing to do with this. I didnt want to give up on CW after 6 games. I dont want to fire RR if he wins a playoff game. These are my opnons, you can disagree with them if you want.

I have never seen you change your opinion or say good point in the entire time we have been on this board.

Last season you defended Wentz when it was indefensible. You came up with excuse after excuse, and many of the excuses were simply false. To this date, I am sure you would love to have Wentz still here and think he was treated poorly.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen you change your opinion or say good point in the entire time we have been on this board.

Last season you defended Wentz when it was indefensible. You came up with excuse after excuse, and many of the excuses were simply false. To this date, I am sure you would love to have Wentz still here and think he was treated poorly.
Hence the ignore button.

No one is right all the time although many think they are. JMO but we are all wrong at times. One of the favorite lines on this site is "I told you" but few say "oops I fucked that one up." Again JMO opinion but it would be a better place if we talked to each other instead of at each other.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the ignore button.

No one is right all the time although many think they are. JMO but we are all wrong at times. One of the favorite lines on this site is "I told you" but few say "oops I fucked that one up." Again JMO opinion but it would be a better place if we talked to each other instead of at each other.

The last thing I want to do is ignore Dean. I think he actually brings fun to the board.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will get flack for that because it’s foolish . You get flack for it because you fall on your sword for it .
have we moved on dean ? Absolutely not as we are still discussing KC , Wince and RR. And hell I can can add Falco and others

and you really want to lecture me about my mind being made up with no mention of yours ?

astute people certainly acknowledge this is a lame duck year because of history , and simple deduction. A new owner wants to put HIS or HER stamp on his new acquisition and on field performance in the positive may not change it especially when it’s mediocre performance . Sorry but winning a playoff game with a 9-8 record is the Indiana pacers of the NFL

he will need a conference championship game appearance and double digit wins to have a shot at the new owner wanting a guy with 3 winning seasons on his 12 yr resume to call the shots

that is my assessment based on historical fact not on Homerism

and I can tell you now you will get flack regardless if RR finishes his contract or not because his time is short the minute the NFL approves the sale . He is a lame duck whether you or him realize it or not since you are hard core defending him and dismissing all other view points you will get the treatment

who is hardcore? I already said he could get fired. Thats your opinion he gets fired after a playoff win. I have no problem with that. You dont know if the new owner will clean house or not. You stated your opinion which is fine and i stated mine.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not at all. i said good points on posters many times and have given alot of likes out.. I have moved on from Wentz. I defended him b/c of only 6 games. He did not work out and already admitted i was wrong about him many times. For some reason you guys cant see it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, different strokes for different folks.
I can tolerate the silliness for a while. The PollyAnna trope began to take its toll on me; however, it is a message board. I lost patience when the false accusations, intentionally misquoting, and making up alleged sources started. That goes beyond debating and discussing topics about the team. To me, it is not right and it is no longer funny or entertaining.

You are right, the ignore button is the key. I have never had a productive conversation with Dean because his agenda is to convert every poster to his point of view...regardless of what the facts are. It is like the political debates we see at election time. The name of the game is to deflect and return to your talking points while making ad hominem attacks.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tolerate the silliness for a while. The PollyAnna trope began to take its toll on me; however, it is a message board. I lost patience when the false accusations, intentionally misquoting, and making up alleged sources started. That goes beyond debating and discussing topics about the team. To me, it is not right and it is no longer funny or entertaining.

You are right, the ignore button is the key. I have never had a productive conversation with Dean because his agenda is to convert every poster to his point of view...regardless of what the facts are. It is like the political debates we see at election time. The name of the game is to deflect and return to your talking points while making ad hominem attacks.
You do you. I wasn't suggesting anyone should ignore dean. It is just not my thing to argue the same point over and over.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do you. I wasn't suggesting anyone should ignore dean. It is just not my thing to argue the same point over and over.
Well, it's good advice to not bring up the same thing over and over again and argue about it. I agree with that. It solves nothing and more than likely irritates folks here. How can it not?

I also did not take it that you were suggesting that people ignore Dean. I have admitted that I easily get drug into these never-ending debates.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is hardcore? I already said he could get fired. Thats your opinion he gets fired after a playoff win. I have no problem with that. You dont know if the new owner will clean house or not. You stated your opinion which is fine and i stated mine.
please dean you dont have running debates for months at a time without being hard core

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing is you cant jump up and down on the proverbial table , imply all others are dead wrong and dismiss their views , then when you are proven wrong play the " i m moving on card " and acting like the past months back and forth mean nothing and all is forgotten because it isnt

and believe me some of those debates generated into name calling etc . some people "left " the board because of the intensity of the debates

now i am all for it , debate as hard as you can but dont act like you dont have to pay the piper for launching a war and then losing it

now dean was told about wince and he was wrong based on historical data and the same thing is happening with the new owner and RR . this will be talked about all year long and the person who is wrong in the debate is going to get flack for it

i dont do ignores , i think dean adds a lot to the board as i do everyone else . . this board would be dead without these debates

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thing is you cant jump up and down on the proverbial table , imply all others are dead wrong and dismiss their views , then when you are proven wrong play the " i m moving on card " and acting like the past months back and forth mean nothing and all is forgotten because it isnt

and believe me some of those debates generated into name calling etc . some people "left " the board because of the intensity of the debates

now i am all for it , debate as hard as you can but dont act like you dont have to pay the piper for launching a war and then losing it

now dean was told about wince and he was wrong based on historical data and the same thing is happening with the new owner and RR . this will be talked about all year long and the person who is wrong in the debate is going to get flack for it

i dont do ignores , i think dean adds a lot to the board as i do everyone else . . this board would be dead without these debates

i have a debate with you about RR not being fired if he wins this year. I already admitted that he could be fired this year if we lose. So how is that hardcore? Who is launching a war? Its a debate not war. IF RR wins and we win a playoff game, and he still gets fired you can bust my balls all you want.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It became a war when the ad hominen attacks started and you demanded that I leave the board. You could not have a discussion using facts, so you got upset and claimed i was being negative. Skinsdad even called you out for making demands of posters and attempting to order them around.

You have repeatedly said I was not a fan of the team because I didn't meet your predetermined criteria. I wouldn't jump up and down with you on free agents and draft picks so you reverted to insults. You couldn’t debate without getting emotional about things and are now allegedly ignoring me because you said I was negative. Stop playing the victim here. You at one point have literally argued with every single poster here. You claim that these are discussions but then take shots and claim you can't take it anymore. If you want to hear that this is the most amazing team ever, get ready for pushback and facts.

In your mind, you are never guilty of what you are accused of. Everyone is out to get you and you are the only true fan of the team in your eyes.

Last edited: