• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin - Should he be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Omar Epps made the potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance he's fired

The Tomlins and Andy Reids of the coaching profession are like the Daltons and Alex Smiths' of the QB profession

They can get you to the dance every year, but you dont trust them in that dance to win the big one
One pair is arguably top 5 at their job, the other pair hovers around average. And Dalton is probably closer to fringe top 20 than anything. Apples and oranges, man.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who in the hell kicks an onside kick with 2:18 left and 2 timeouts at that point in the game?
Steelers hang on to coaches for decades. He is going nowhere.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One pair is arguably top 5 at their job, the other pair hovers around average. And Dalton is probably closer to fringe top 20 than anything. Apples and oranges, man.

Well, coaches like Reid and Tomlin that perennially appear in the playoffs are gonna be considered around the Top 5 based solely on that

Too many factors involved for a QB to get in that neighborhood just based on getting to the playoffs alone

No one is gonna confuse any of these QB;s left in the postseason, besides the gay in NE, with being Top 5 QB's

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, coaches like Reid and Tomlin that perennially appear in the playoffs are gonna be considered around the Top 5 based solely on that

Too many factors involved for a QB to get in that neighborhood just based on getting to the playoffs alone

No one is gonna confuse any of these QB;s left in the postseason, besides the gay in NE, with being Top 5 QB's
Well, I can certainly see why you feel this way. I disagree, but I can see how you feel that way. Reid has been innovative for the better part of 20 years now and has won without a HOF QB; although McNabb was solid for a time. Tomlin I can see how you make that critique more, but not sure I really agree

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin's biggest issue is that the Patriots are in his gourd big-time. When the Patriots are out of the equation, he's not bad.

They have the best WR in the game and maybe even ever, those 2 TD catches were spectacular. They have the best RB in the game and one of the best QB's. Throw in JuJu, James and Bryant, the best Offense in the game. Like said 100 times, not many good coaches out there, but then again who has this talent? Someone needs to keep them focused, forgot all the staged dancing bs and worry about the next game and don't play down to the level of the competition, foot on the throttle. The " I might retire, I might sit out if franchised , we will face them asshole in Gillette for the AFCG" shit has to stop. Play calling was real tough too, shame on Mike, and believe me I have seen Belichick make some head scratchers too

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can certainly see why you feel this way. I disagree, but I can see how you feel that way. Reid has been innovative for the better part of 20 years now and has won without a HOF QB; although McNabb was solid for a time. Tomlin I can see how you make that critique more, but not sure I really agree

Its gonna be hard/impossible to fire a coach that makes the playoffs almost, or every single season

But it puts an org in a spot as to how do you evaluate that guy when they continually lose to teams they absolutely should not be losing to in the biggest spots, and they usually leave you scratching your head over some in game play calling, management, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who in the hell kicks an onside kick with 2:18 left and 2 timeouts at that point in the game?

You're wondering why a coach behind 42-35 didn't trust his defense to force a 3 and out? Really?

The special teams coach should be fired for not having a better onsides play.

Reactions: Yam

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wondering why a coach behind 42-35 didn't trust his defense to force a 3 and out? Really?

The special teams coach should be fired for not having a better onsides play.

Again, playing defense all game, and than being able to stack the box for 3 straight runs, is 2 different things entirely

The chances of Pitt stopping Jax in that spot were far greater than ever recovering an onsides kick

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call the two timeouts before the 2 minute warning.

Kickoff

One play...5 seconds...time out, 2:13 left

2nd play...5 seconds...time out, 2:08 left

3rd play... clock runs to 2-minute warning.

You get the ball back with 1:50 or so to go depending on the punt. Tomlin for some reason let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning on the first play. So dumb.

Okay we're about 15 secs apart now.

Agree...but keep in mind our exercise is on the time line...not defending Tomlin's clock management.

At best he had to think he couldn't stop them, but 1:50 with no timeout was the correct play even if we're off a few secs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, playing defense all game, and than being able to stack the box for 3 straight runs, is 2 different things entirely

The chances of Pitt stopping Jax in that spot were far greater than ever recovering an onsides kick

4.7 ypc, and were getting easily beat by Yeldon out of the backfield on 3rd downs late.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.7 ypc, and were getting easily beat by Yeldon out of the backfield on 3rd downs late.

A little different when you can put 11 in the box cause only Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is actually throwing a pass in that spot

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTL37G4X0AEr1aJ.jpg

Or...you cannot play them because you lose first. A scenario you seemingly didn't spend enough time considering.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, lots of changes coming for Pittsburgh this off-season. Firing Tomlin should be 1 of them.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of his replacement being a downgrade are overwhelming... You tell me who would be better suited for the job, and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

This team is centered around a cast of prima-donnas. If any hard-nosed coach were to come in to create a more disciplined atmosphere they would cause too much friction with the players. They could use a youthful voice that everyone could rally around, but it won't happen.

Simply put, the Rooneys will continue to do business the way they always have. They have a successful product right now, whether it lives up to lofty expectations or not. Tomlin would need to drag this team through a couple of sub-500 seasons before he gets the boot.

Face you know better than to pay these mule heads any mind on another teams HC......Tomlin is a gun slinger, a gambler and that makes for excitement, ain't that what the fans pay for in the first place ????
Plus the fact that Ben threw 2 amazing 4th down bomb TD's , led them back from 21 down, and put up 42 points in a playoff game against the #1 or 2 D in the league.....
It just wasn't their day, but Tomlin has them in the mix every yr, and He knows his team better than their own fans let alone an outsider fan.....
If Pitts fired him, he wouldn't make it to the car before he was HC of another NFL team...Believe that !!!!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some coaches nut up, some don't

Tomlin and Reid blink. You'd never see this kind of shit from a hoody team.

You do realize that Tomlin has a SB ring ,right....And Andy has led the Eagles to a SB and they were close to winning it.....
I saw Hoodie go for it on 4th down in his own territory in a playoff game against the Colts that lost them the game right there....He's great, but not immortal !!!!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was bad, but it doesn't even crack the top 10 reasons of why Tomlin should be fired.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Tomlin has a SB ring ,right....And Andy has led the Eagles to a SB and they were close to winning it.....
I saw Hoodie go for it on 4th down in his own territory in a playoff game against the Colts that lost them the game right there....He's great, but not immortal !!!!!

i'm pretty sure the game you're referencing was a regular-season game