• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin - Should he be fired?

Mike Tomlin - Should he be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Omar Epps made the potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm pretty sure the game you're referencing was a regular-season game

No I'm 99 per it was a playoff game in NE, it was an important game because he caught some heat for taking the gamble......I think it was one of the Colts SB years when PM was still good....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm 99 per it was a playoff game in NE, it was an important game because he caught some heat for taking the gamble......I think it was one of the Colts SB years when PM was still good....

Nope, you're wrong. November of 2009. It was a Sunday night game

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was with the squib kick at the end of the game? I realize that they had about a one in a million chance to score on that play but why bother squibbing it down the middle? At least try?

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Tomlin has a SB ring ,right....And Andy has led the Eagles to a SB and they were close to winning it.....
I saw Hoodie go for it on 4th down in his own territory in a playoff game against the Colts that lost them the game right there....He's great, but not immortal !!!!!
Andy took a team that was a mess and built them into a contender for years. He then took the chiefs who were a mess and hasn't had a losing season since.

Tomlin took a team two years removed from a sb, won one with cowhers team, and has had a career that mirrored Reid's (solid regular seasons followed by playoff disappointment).

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the odds of the steelers getting the onside kick were probably 15% at best. we'll go with 10% considering they happen to really suck at it as well. even that might be generous. the odds of stopping the jags though were probably at least 30%. and considering they wouldn't exactly want bortles making a huge decision on a passing play, maybe we bump that up to 40%.

all they had to do was load the line and stuff the run on 1st down. any 2nd and long would have put them in great shape for getting the ball back.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to fire the league leader in tackles among coaches?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it was embarassing to watch how bad they were yesterday in the biggest of spots, a little dumpoff to Yeldon going for 40 yards, I mean it was just so bad how easy the Jags were getting huge chunks..The FB of all people running free down the middle of the field...It was so bad
yes shazier was that good and that important , steeler fans knew this

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face you know better than to pay these mule heads any mind on another teams HC......Tomlin is a gun slinger, a gambler and that makes for excitement, ain't that what the fans pay for in the first place ????
Plus the fact that Ben threw 2 amazing 4th down bomb TD's , led them back from 21 down, and put up 42 points in a playoff game against the #1 or 2 D in the league.....
It just wasn't their day, but Tomlin has them in the mix every yr, and He knows his team better than their own fans let alone an outsider fan.....
If Pitts fired him, he wouldn't make it to the car before he was HC of another NFL team...Believe that !!!!
Agreed. He's a helluva gambler who lives & dies by it. He owns it. Sucks for us as fans when you end up on the wrong side of the gamble, especially more than once in a single game. That's a hard pill to swallow for anyone. My biggest gripe is his aptitude for failure or overall lack of execution in "easy-win" scenarios. Not calling the Jags an easy win, but games like Chicago or Indy this year are great examples. Both teams the Steelers should have dominated for different reasons. Coming off a bye week the team looked so unfocused & unprepared against a reeling Indy team. Thank God for Chris Boswell or this team could have easily been 9-7 this year. Guess we should have seen this upset coming from a long ways off with how average this team looked this season. They were very fortunate to end up 13-3. I just wish he could figure out a way to cancel out all the drama & keep his troop more focused. Feels like week to week they simply show up and let their stars play backyard football. With the amount of talent they have on this team you have to wonder why they aren't averaging 30+ pts & dominating teams weekly.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I say is... Good luck.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm- seems like a good way to commit suicide. If they don’t like Tomlin- just wait until they’re stuck with a Pagano. Careful what you wish for, Steelers “partners”
Will be interesting to see how it plays out. This will be Art Rooney II's first major decision without Dan in the picture. Will he continue the typical Rooney way or head in a new direction?

Well I guess the OC decision could come first.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you're wrong. November of 2009. It was a Sunday night game

So what's the difference, point is he makes bad calls sometimes too, and it had to have playoff implications in Nov between the 2 top AFC teams at the time, .......If that matters to you !!! He caught a lot of criticism for it...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the difference, point is he makes bad calls sometimes too, and it had to have playoff implications in Nov between the 2 top AFC teams at the time, .......If that matters to you !!! He caught a lot of criticism for it...

I'm just saying you were wrong in saying it was a playoff game, which you were, that's all.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a track record, same thing with Andy Reid...It goes back to the age old question, how valuable is a coach that will always get you in the dance, but is just awful in the actual dance, Every Single Time
Cleveland would be ecstatic just to be in the playoffs.