• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin - Should he be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Omar Epps made the potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who in the hell kicks an onside kick with 2:18 left and 2 timeouts at that point in the game?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and Ive always been a Tomlin supporter, sometimes its time for a new voice, and new philosophy...

I dont remember the last time that defense didnt suck in the big spot

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some puzzling decisions. Were there bad decisions made? Some regrettable tactics? Yeah. At the end of the day? Just how many coaches are better than Tomlin right now?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the team wasn't ready to play

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of his replacement being a downgrade are overwhelming... You tell me who would be better suited for the job, and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

This team is centered around a cast of prima-donnas. If any hard-nosed coach were to come in to create a more disciplined atmosphere they would cause too much friction with the players. They could use a youthful voice that everyone could rally around, but it won't happen.

Simply put, the Rooneys will continue to do business the way they always have. They have a successful product right now, whether it lives up to lofty expectations or not. Tomlin would need to drag this team through a couple of sub-500 seasons before he gets the boot.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who in the hell kicks an onside kick with 2:18 left and 2 timeouts at that point in the game?

With the way the Steelers defense had been playing - I would have no confidence in them stopping the Jags either, thus an onsides kick by default.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because it's obvious he won't get them over the top again. He won with the chin's team. Ever since he's been Andy Reid (close but no cigar).

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the Steelers defense had been playing - I would have no confidence in them stopping the Jags either, thus an onsides kick by default.
Hindsight here, but they did stop them. Only problem was they stopped them in field goal range instead of forcing them to punt. Were the odds of an onside kick really better than the odds of them stopping them?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of his replacement being a downgrade are overwhelming... You tell me who would be better suited for the job, and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

This team is centered around a cast of prima-donnas. If any hard-nosed coach were to come in to create a more disciplined atmosphere they would cause too much friction with the players. They could use a youthful voice that everyone could rally around, but it won't happen.

Simply put, the Rooneys will continue to do business the way they always have. They have a successful product right now, whether it lives up to lofty expectations or not. Tomlin would need to drag this team through a couple of sub-500 seasons before he gets the boot.

I agree with all that, even though I think he should be fired, absolutely zero chance he is

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight here, but they did stop them. Only problem was they stopped them in field goal range instead of forcing them to punt. Were the odds of an onside kick really better than the odds of them stopping them?

Who knows... I can understand where Tomlin was coming from though...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the best candidates are pretty much gone at this point anyway even if you felt he was on the hotseat.

If you're retroactively basing a potential firing based on 1 game and then cherry picking reasons to justify fire him afterwards, you're doing it wrong. Losing in the playoffs sucks, not a license to jump of the cliff.

Reactions: DJ

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the best candidates are pretty much gone at this point anyway even if you felt he was on the hotseat.

If you're retroactively basing a potential firing based on 1 game and then cherry picking reasons to justify fire him afterwards, you're doing it wrong.

Its a track record, same thing with Andy Reid...It goes back to the age old question, how valuable is a coach that will always get you in the dance, but is just awful in the actual dance, Every Single Time

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a track record, same thing with Andy Reid...It goes back to the old age question, how valuable is a coach that will always get you in the dance, but is just awful in the actual dance, Every Single Time
Their IQ doesn't magically drop by 50 when the calendar hits January. Exact same coaches that got you there. Andy Reid has never had a HOF QB to piggyback on like Tomlin has his entire career if we're making comparisons though...

The only legit way to say Tomlin should be fired is if you think he has been carried by Ben all these years which is a stretch in my book.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their IQ doesn't magically drop by 50 when the calendar hits January. Exact same coaches that got you there. Andy Reid has never had a HOF QB to piggyback on like Tomlin has his entire career if we're making comparisons though...

The only legit way to say Tomlin should be fired is if you think he has been carried by Ben all these years which is a stretch in my book.

I cant explain it, sure its not the IQ, maybe its the heart rate, but there is always at least one or ten in game decisions that these guys get wrong when the stakes are highest

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You flip the skill players McNabb had with Ben, and McNabb is just as successful as ben..ben is just as whatever you want to call it as McNabb.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some coaches nut up, some don't

Tomlin and Reid blink. You'd never see this kind of shit from a hoody team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant explain it, sure its not the IQ, maybe its the heart rate, but there is always at least one or ten in game decisions that these guys get wrong when the stakes are highest
See, that's where I stop. If I can't explain it, and I can't see an obvious difference between coaching from regular season and postseason, it truly truly just may be bullshit people get worked up about because their team lost or they overly empathize for whatever reason.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we can question more than that decision in hindsight, one can understand his rationale a little. Like he said in the presser, the defense didn't stop anybody the whole game. Hard to have faith in them doing it there.
His team went out and scored 42 points on what everybody is proclaiming the next "great" defense in football. Yeah, some of that was a bit of luck and some unbelievable catches but if anybody on these boards or anywhere else, for that matter, had said going in that Pitt would score 42, I think it would have been unanimous that everyone would have bet on the Steelers.
At some point the players have to make plays between the lines. A lot of Steelers players did not. Especially on defense. They made Blake fucking Bortles look like Joe Montana out there.