• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Tomlin - Should he be fired?

• Yes

• No

• Omar Epps made the potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DTL37G4X0AEr1aJ.jpg

Isnt this the guy that Gronk had 91 yards receiving against on one drive?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who in the hell kicks an onside kick with 2:18 left and 2 timeouts at that point in the game?

Fired? no.

Hypothetical, but assuming JAX just ran the play clock down to 3 seconds or so and ran the ball into the line 3 times...PIT probably gets the ball back with about 30-40 secs and no time outs.

Bottomline...after watching 2 consecutive TD drives on his DEF, Tomlin probably lost confidence in that group and tried for the desperation onside kick.

Ben is under contract for the '18 & 19 season...not sure if they would've asked for it back, but if Ben retired last yr or '18...he could be obligated to return a pretty large part of his signing bonus. With Ben saying he's likely coming back in '18...no way would Rooney would bring in another full staff.

Tomlin will be in PIT as long as Ben is there imo.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fired? no.

Hypothetical, but assuming JAX just ran the play clock down to 3 seconds or so and ran the ball into the line 3 times...PIT probably gets the ball back with about 30-40 secs and no time outs.

Bottomline...after watching 2 consecutive TD drives on his DEF, Tomlin probably lost confidence in that group and tried for the desperation onside kick.

Ben is under contract for the '18 & 19 season...not sure if they would've asked for it back, but if Ben retired last yr or '18...he could be obligated to return a pretty large part of his signing bonus. With Ben saying he's likely coming back in '18...no way would Rooney would bring in another full staff.

Huh? They would get the ball back with almost 2 minutes left. They had two timeouts and the 2 minute warning.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fired? no.

See thats the thing........The way you play defense when you know the offense is basically in "surrender" mode, just worried about getting you to use your timeouts, is a LOT different than facing a multi-dimensional offense that has been tearing you up

And toss in 2 things, I heard this morning that Boswell has a reputation for being awful at Onside Kicks, maybe true, just what I heard, and the fact that the odds at recovering that kick are so unbelievably low

I think the onside kick should be reserved for the most desperate of times, no timeouts, only a recovery gives you a chance, etc.

Steelers simply werent in that spot

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? They would get the ball back with almost 2 minutes left. They had two timeouts and the 2 minute warning.

You're right. Well let me do this again. If they kicked off...that probably knocks 5 sec off.

One play...2 min warning

2nd play...5 secs...TO, about 1:55

3rd play...5 secs...TO, about 1:50

I left off the min...about 1:30-1:35 with no TO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt this the guy that Gronk had 91 yards receiving against on one drive?
That was Sean Davis. If it were Mitchell covering Gronk it would have been a lot worse for the Steelers. As if that were possible... It is... Mitchell is that bad
i believe so
See post above
Didn't he talk shit pregame to the jaguars? How they will "know his name" and some dumb shit?
Wouldn't surprise me. He's said stuff like that all the time. I immediately disregard it because he's a grade A bag of douche. QB's sure "know his name" because that's who they want to target every play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See thats the thing........The way you play defense when you know the offense is basically in "surrender" mode, just worried about getting you to use your timeouts, is a LOT different than facing a multi-dimensional offense that has been tearing you up

And toss in 2 things, I heard this morning that Boswell has a reputation for being awful at Onside Kicks, maybe true, just what I heard, and the fact that the odds at recovering that kick are so unbelievably low

I think the onside kick should be reserved for the most desperate of times, no timeouts, only a recovery gives you a chance, etc.

The time would've been about 1:30, not secs.

It was not a good call to go for the onside, not defending that so much as coming up with an estimated time left.

I'm not huge into hypotheticals, but that's not a fireable offense imo.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time would've been about 1:30, not secs.

It was not a good call to go for the onside, not defending that so much as coming up with an estimated time left.

I'm not huge into hypotheticals, but that's not a fireable offense imo.

Zero chance he's fired

The Tomlins and Andy Reids of the coaching profession are like the Daltons and Alex Smiths' of the QB profession

They can get you to the dance every year, but you dont trust them in that dance to win the big one

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC should be fired.. That was piss poor... Tomlin probably should stay as there really isn't anyone better currently out there

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

last steelers successful on side kick was in 2007:suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've kicked it away, and also should've kicked the FG on 3rd down there at the end and then tried the onsides.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance he's fired

The Tomlins and Andy Reids of the coaching profession are like the Daltons and Alex Smiths' of the QB profession

They can get you to the dance every year, but you dont trust them in that dance to win the big one

Tomlin's biggest and most accurate critics say he won his SB with Cowher's players. Since probably...2012 the rebuild Colbert/Tomlin has been underway...I really thought the DEF had turned the corner based on the reg season, but they were fools gold.

I think right now, the only guy out there anyone can trust to deliver n in the playoffs is BB.

PIT much like the NYG are not a knee jerk reaction type ownership, but some things need to change to go to the next level.

I don't foresee any major overall...maybe a OC, or a DC,...major would be both...we shall see.

Reactions: Yam

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Well let me do this again. If they kicked off...that probably knocks 5 sec off.

One play...2 min warning

2nd play...5 secs...TO, about 1:55

3rd play...5 secs...TO, about 1:50

I left off the min...about 1:30-1:35 with no TO.
You call the two timeouts before the 2 minute warning.

Kickoff

One play...5 seconds...time out, 2:13 left

2nd play...5 seconds...time out, 2:08 left

3rd play... clock runs to 2-minute warning.

You get the ball back with 1:50 or so to go depending on the punt. Tomlin for some reason let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning on the first play. So dumb.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin's biggest issue is that the Patriots are in his gourd big-time. When the Patriots are out of the equation, he's not bad.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin's biggest and most accurate critics say he won his SB with Cowher's players. Since probably...2012 the rebuild Colbert/Tomlin has been underway...I really thought the DEF had turned the corner based on the reg season, but they were fools gold.

I think right now, the only guy out there anyone can trust to deliver n in the playoffs is BB.

PIT much like the NYG are not a knee jerk reaction type ownership, but some things need to change to go to the next level.

I don't foresee any major overall...maybe a OC, or a DC,...major would be both...we shall see.

Yup, exactly why I know there is no chance there will even be a discussion of his firing

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call the two timeouts before the 2 minute warning.

Kickoff

One play...5 seconds...time out, 2:13 left

2nd play...5 seconds...time out, 2:08 left

3rd play... clock runs to 2-minute warning.

You get the ball back with 1:50 or so to go depending on the punt. Tomlin for some reason let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning on the first play. So dumb.
this

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted so badly to see Pitt with the ball with 1:00 Plus

But than again, I wanted to see Chiefs at Foxboro, than the Steelers at Foxboro

Instead I take my girls ice skating for 3 hours next Sunday