• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcom Butler

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He is a great player. Must feel bad to have coach do that to you. :noidea:

A long time ago, Wes Welker was talking to the press, doing a lot of "feet" jokes because they were playing Rex Ryan and the Jets the next week. The Dark Lord didn't like it and sat Welker for the first offensive series. Whoever was in the slot to replace Welker fucked up, the Jets got a pick six and the Pats lost the game.

Losing the game is squarely on Belichick's shoulders. I don't usually criticize him, but there was more here than we've been told, and he fucked up for a personal vendetta.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Belichick doesn't like you - watch out, he can be ruthless.
Yeah but Butler has done nothing but play his guts out. Two thumbs down for that coaching decision.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Belichick doesn't like you - watch out, he can be ruthless.
No doubt, but at some point, you have to look past ego and do whats for the greater good of the team.

With all the great things BB does, there are a few head-scratchers mixed in there. Still the greatest imo.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long time ago, Wes Welker was talking to the press, doing a lot of "feet" jokes because they were playing Rex Ryan and the Jets the next week. The Dark Lord didn't like it and sat Welker for the first offensive series. Whoever was in the slot to replace Welker fucked up, the Jets got a pick six and the Pats lost the game.

Losing the game is squarely on Belichick's shoulders. I don't usually criticize him, but there was more here than we've been told, and he fucked up for a personal vendetta.
Yep. Dunno if Butler would have made a difference, but come on man, that's shitty. Not the way to dismiss a player who has done a lot for the team.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it was an FU to Butler by BB. He could get sued for that. Either he didnt feel Butler was ready or it was disciplinary. No way you sit him though. No matter how bad he was all year he was still better then Jon Bademosi. Hell, they could have gotten Deon Sanders out of the booth and he would be a better option then Bademosi.
I liked Bademosi he had some big tackles this year. Not saying he's a #1 or #2 but I think he's back next year on the 45 man game roster.

I'm sure this was disciplinary. Butler hasn't walked the Patriot line. For a while his head got a little big after the miraculous SB play. He forgot he went undrafted from a DIV II school. BB gave him a chance and he'll forever be in SB lore.

You have to remember this isn't out of character for BB. He's done these things before. He sat Edelman during the playoffs for his "toe
The line" speech about Rex Ryan. Granted it didn't last all game.

Malcolm did something. Was it contract related? BB doesn't play that in the locker room. Did Malcolm miss movement or a bed check? Will we ever know?

Oh well we're onto the draft

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but at some point, you have to look past ego and do whats for the greater good of the team.

With all the great things BB does, there are a few head-scratchers mixed in there. Still the greatest imo.
BB believes he's smarter than everyone and thinks he can win no matter what.

Definitely not the first head scratcher and unfortunately for NE fans probably not the last time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it amazing.......Belichick refuses to throw Butler under the bus and says it's a football reason that Butler did not get on the field for one defensive play. Interestingly, Butler told the press after the game. I've played like crap all year. I could have done a lot better, but I didn't."

Any possibility that BB took him aside some time before the game and asked him if he was ready to give it all and Butler said something really assinine back to him??

Butler knew he was on the sideline before the game started. He was crying during America the Beautiful.

Belichick would never screw the team to pay back any player. Whatever happened, happened right before the game. If it had happened earlier, Butler would have been on the Inactive List.

Fuck Mike Reiss and all of the media dinks. They're guessing and grabbing at straws.

Butler would not have made any difference at all. The Eagles WRs are all over 6'2" and Butler's 5'7". Butler has been exposed all year. As far as tackling goes, the secondary was OK as far as tackling went, it was the DL that couldn't tackle the RBs.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Butler arrived a day late because he had been treated in the hospital for flu back home.

Not sure it that pissed BB off, it is the sort of thing that usually does though.

I could see making Butler sit and watch for a while. But when it became apparent Rowe was getting toasted something should have been done.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it amazing.......Belichick refuses to throw Butler under the bus and says it's a football reason that Butler did not get on the field for one defensive play. Interestingly, Butler told the press after the game. I've played like crap all year. I could have done a lot better, but I didn't."

Any possibility that BB took him aside some time before the game and asked him if he was ready to give it all and Butler said something really assinine back to him??

Butler knew he was on the sideline before the game started. He was crying during America the Beautiful.

Belichick would never screw the team to pay back any player. Whatever happened, happened right before the game. If it had happened earlier, Butler would have been on the Inactive List.

Fuck Mike Reiss and all of the media dinks. They're guessing and grabbing at straws.

Butler would not have made any difference at all. The Eagles WRs are all over 6'2" and Butler's 5'7". Butler has been exposed all year. As far as tackling goes, the secondary was OK as far as tackling went, it was the DL that couldn't tackle the RBs.
Or did Butler pull an OBJ? Was he out partying Saturday night? Did he miss bed check? Miss getting on his bus? Something many of may dismiss? BB wouldn't. One incident alone may not have have resulted in not getting on the field all game. But it wouldn't be the first run in for BB and MB.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Butler arrived a day late because he had been treated in the hospital for flu back home.

Not sure it that pissed BB off, it is the sort of thing that usually does though.

I could see making Butler sit and watch for a while. But when it became apparent Rowe was getting toasted something should have been done.
BB is a stubborn motherfucker. Oftentimes insufferable.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were saying having a safety on the slot receiver really cost the Pats tonight ... Butler could a really helped there cause... Man, it's the last game of the year, I would save that discipline for week 1 of the season...

Good tackler, but he's too short to have made any difference on the Eagles tall receivers.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost them the game, IMHO. He wasn't benched. He did play on special teams. There were reports that he was sick earlier in the week. Guys watching the game with me all agreed, "Butler would have made that tackle," or "Butler would have broken that one up."

If the Dark Lord wanted to punish him, don't make him a starter, but by halftime it was obvious that the secondary was not getting the job done. I mean, like, Jason Bademosi? Eric Rowe?

Seems to me, the decision must have been football or he would not have been allowed to play on special teams.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good tackler, but he's too short to have made any difference on the Eagles tall receivers.

You still want him out there though, he's an upgrade for them in pass coverage... usually taller receivers are on the outside not in the slot...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line we're all speculating. As fans, players or coaches we see things differently from our perspectives.

BB is no dummy. His decision was likely made on principal? Likely a combination of what's being suggested likely happened?

BB said enough's enough and benched him based on the cumulative circumstances not just one thing.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, the Pats lost the game, it was not just because Butler didn't play. For one thing, the Eagles played a damn great game, led the whole time, except for one time in the 4th quarter. Give some credit where it is due, instead of just lamenting on one player and a great coach decision.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line we're all speculating. As fans, players or coaches we see things differently from our perspectives.

BB is no dummy. His decision was likely made on principal? Likely a combination of what's being suggested likely happened?

BB said enough's enough and benched him based on the cumulative circumstances not just one thing.

And because BB is no dummy, he should have tried everything in his arsenal to right the fucking ship when it was apparent it was sinking.

And he did not do so.

I mean recall when he went for it against Peyton Manning because they couldn't stop him? That was desperate too.

And on Sunday, things were desperate because they couldn't stop fuck all.