• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcom Butler

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the Pats lost the game, it was not just because Butler didn't play. For one thing, the Eagles played a damn great game, led the whole time, except for one time in the 4th quarter. Give some credit where it is due, instead of just lamenting on one player and a great coach decision.

In a game like that, all it took was one play either way as the eventual sack proved.

I mean Bulter had 4 huge play against the Seahawks. I think he could have least be hoped to pull one mediocre one out of his pocket on Sunday had he been given the chance.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And because BB is no dummy, he should have tried everything in his arsenal to right the fucking ship when it was apparent it was sinking.

And he did not do so.

I mean recall when he went for it against Peyton Manning because they couldn't stop him? That was desperate too.

And on Sunday, things were desperate because they couldn't stop fuck all.
They weren't desperate. They had the lead for Christ sake. They had the ball at the end of the game with a possibility of taking the game into overtime.

The breaks didn't go NEs way this time. There were multiple plays not made during the game that could've changed the outcome and or required different coaching decisions on both sidelines.

Whatever Malcolm did is what got him benched. We can only speculate if he had played would've changed the outcome.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game like that, all it took was one play either way as the eventual sack proved.

I mean Bulter had 4 huge play against the Seahawks. I think he could have least be hoped to pull one mediocre one out of his pocket on Sunday had he been given the chance.
Butler had a down year, this isn't 4 years ago. Butler even admitted it. He had been getting burnt all season.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't desperate. They had the lead for Christ sake. They had the ball at the end of the game with a possibility of taking the game into overtime.

The breaks didn't go NEs way this time. There were multiple plays not made during the game that could've changed the outcome and or required different coaching decisions on both sidelines.

Whatever Malcolm did is what got him benched. We can only speculate if he had played would've changed the outcome.

They were desperate. Deny all you like. One stop somewhere may have been enough.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler had a down year, this isn't 4 years ago. Butler even admitted it. He had been getting burnt all season.

And I believe he had one Barney Fife bullet left in his ammo belt.

Played all year, and all playoffs.

Suddenly...........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were desperate. Deny all you like. One stop somewhere may have been enough.
Sorry can't agree needing one stop doesn't equate to being desperate. Even if Malcolm played that's no guarentee he makes that stop. There's no guarentee he wouldn't have missed a tackle or got burnt on another play that would've changed the outcome.

Stop speculating it will ease the pain. For all we know MB showed up stoned on Sunday morning? We know you wouldn't have an issue with that but many would.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I believe he had one Barney Fife bullet left in his ammo belt.

Played all year, and all playoffs.

Suddenly...........
Maybe he should've followed the rules then maybe Brady buys him a truck this time?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Belichick the benching was not disciplinary.
That's what he said. Sorry I don't believe that. I think it's typical BB hyperbole not throwing anyonevunder the bus. Butler did something. Again BB may say it's not disciplinary and attributes it to a bad week of practice?

I hate speculation so I'm going to leave most of the reports out of this and focusvon things we know or that Malcolm himself said.

We know Malcolm showed up a day late. Was he really ill? Did BB discover otherwise?

Was Malcolm out late every night with family just arriving to the hotel right before curfew? Was he getting hammered and high with relatives thus causing him to have that bad week of practice?

Don't forget Kraft hired his own security. Did they spot anything?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up more yards in that game, than any Pats defense under Belichick going back to 2000 - doesn't look like such a great decision.

Last edited:

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he said. Sorry I don't believe that. I think it's typical BB hyperbole not throwing anyonevunder the bus. Butler did something. Again BB may say it's not disciplinary and attributes it to a bad week of practice?

I hate speculation so I'm going to leave most of the reports out of this and focusvon things we know or that Malcolm himself said.

We know Malcolm showed up a day late. Was he really ill? Did BB discover otherwise?

Was Malcolm out late every night with family just arriving to the hotel right before curfew? Was he getting hammered and high with relatives thus causing him to have that bad week of practice?

Don't forget Kraft hired his own security. Did they spot anything?
Funny how you hate speculation and then asked a bunch of questions speculating on Butler's week leading up to the game.

The only question that matters is, did Belichick make the right decision in keeping Butler out of the game? No matter what the reason was.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you hate speculation and then asked a bunch of questions speculating on Butler's week leading up to the game.

The only question that matters is, did Belichick make the right decision in keeping Butler out of the game? No matter what the reason was.
Yeah I guess I did.

I was trying to avoid the speculation that has come out in the reports.

We know MB was a day late and we know he was out every evening.

We'll unfortunately never know if BB made to right decision.

Oh well onto finding a DC, the combine and the draft.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up more yards in that game, than any Pats defense under Belichick going back to 2000 - doesn't look like such a great decision.
Foles was dropping dimes all over the field.

DL and LBs couldn't stop the run.

DBs too many missed tackles and bad coverages. Not blown coverages.

I hate that NE lost this game especially considering it was right in their hands if a bounce or two went their way. It didn't so we're onto next season (-) # 6.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what Malcolm did or what Belichick was thinking... probably will never know. Ever since the extension talks went sour it seems these two went sour.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess I did.

I was trying to avoid the speculation that has come out in the reports.

We know MB was a day late and we know he was out every evening.

We'll unfortunately never know if BB made to right decision.

Oh well onto finding a DC, the combine and the draft.
Is being out every evening a violation if he doesn't miss curfew?

I know we won't KNOW if he made the right decision, do you think he made the right decision? I'm asking your opinion.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is being out every evening a violation if he doesn't miss curfew?

I know we won't KNOW if he made the right decision, do you think he made the right decision? I'm asking your opinion.
I said when this first came out I wouldn't have been able to sit Butler the entire game. I prefaced this will BB doesn't do things like other people.

Going out every night is not a violation as far as I know. But, I also don't know what rules were in place. Nor do we know if he missed curfew for sure?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said when this first came out I wouldn't have been able to sit Butler the entire game. I prefaced this will BB doesn't do things like other people.

Going out every night is not a violation as far as I know. But, I also don't know what rules were in place. Nor do we know if he missed curfew for sure?
1. I don't know why you won't give your opinion on this. Do you think Belichick made a mistake benching Butler?

2. We don't. But you said to go by what we know and what Malcolm has said. Butler said he never missed curfew.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or one or two plays by a benched DB.....
Fumble right into the bread basket of the defender. The only defender on that side of the field.
Brady catches the ball. Like Dez.
Cooks doesn't try to hurddle a guy bigger then him instead of just going for the sticks.
Gronk, Amendola or Dorsett come down with the hail Mary. I wanted to include Hogan but couldn't for obvious reasons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don't know why you won't give your opinion on this. Do you think Belichick made a mistake benching Butler?

2. We don't. But you said to go by what we know and what Malcolm has said. Butler said he never missed curfew.
I thought by me saying I couldn't have done it was my opinion.
Going back to the speculatiin thing, until I have all the facts I can't say if BB did the right thing or not? I wish he had played him so we could put this speculation to rest.

Fair enough?