• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcom Butler

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVYaCjyU8AAbDDN.jpg

"I visited my family every night"

So he was certainly "out" as in, he wasn't at the hotel sitting in his room.

Yes he did say he visited w/ his family every night. But then he said: during S.B. week I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated in any of the ridiculous activities being reported.

Was it against teams rules to visit w/ your family during S.B. week? Anyway guess we'll just have to wait & see what's really going on w/ this strange story.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Wamu my tablet is giving me fits every time I try to attatch it. It keeps locking up. It's posted already in many places. It was part of the statement he released. About 1/2 way thru he says he was out with family.

Thanks for the answer. And I don't wanna seem like I'm trying to shit, I'm not. Just wonder what the truth is behind this bizarre story.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the answer. And I don't wanna seem like I'm trying to shit, I'm not. Just wonder what the truth is behind this bizarre story.
I think we all want to know the truth. Chances of us ever getting the full story, slim to none IMO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happened, then I'd be glad he was benched, and he wouldn't have played on special teams.
Some people are speculating whether or not he was supposed to get in on that ONE ST play.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did say he visited w/ his family every night. But then he said: during S.B. week I never attended any concert, missed curfew, or participated in any of the ridiculous activities being reported.

Was it against teams rules to visit w/ your family during S.B. week? Anyway guess we'll just have to wait & see what's really going on w/ this strange story.
You asked for a link saying that he was out. I provided it.

That is all.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit it's BB choice on who to play or not? But you don't agree with his choice on how to discipline MB. You'd opt to send him home, or not dress him or whatever. BB chose to allow him to dress and not play. Both you and I may choose to handle totally different. Doesn't mean either decision is wrong though. It just you don't agree with it. I'm cool with that.

As fans it sucks. Maybe it could've been better, maybe it could've been worse?
Admit it? It's a fact. I fully understand that it is his decision but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

If he violated team rules to the point where he is going to play one special teams play? Yes, I would opt to send him home instead. I fully understand what Bill did, let him dress and not play. I disagree with that decision. That's all I'm saying.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get a job somewhere.

It'd be cool to see him stay in the AFC East. And he could get a little revenge when the teams squared off.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line we're all speculating. As fans, players or coaches we see things differently from our perspectives.

BB is no dummy. His decision was likely made on principal? Likely a combination of what's being suggested likely happened?

BB said enough's enough and benched him based on the cumulative circumstances not just one thing.

Andy Hart, who been with Patriots Football Weekly and an employee of the Patriots for more than 15 years was co-hosting with Kirk and Callahan on WEEI this morning. He stunned the hosts and and more than likely a few listeners this morning. He said there are ass't. coaches on every team and the Patriots have a few, who nothing more than go-fers. BUT, there are ass't. coaches whose primary responsibility is to insure that players get to meetings, are constantly reminded of events, practices and everything else that is going on with the team and his position on the team. For Malcolm Butler, he was such a pain in the ass during the season 2017-2018 that he had one ass't. that who had to treat him like a kindergarten student. This guy gave Butler a schedule as it was known a month in advance. He typed it up and printed it, he did it weekly and by the end of the season, daily.
Butler tried to screw the guy a couple of times but he was smart enough to pass everything he did to BB's ass't., Patricia and the secondary coach. He finally realized what the guy was doing to protect himself and just made it as difficult as he could for this guy to do his job. Hart basically said, if Butler had put as much effort into his play this year as he did screwing with this guy, he would have been a unanimous first team All Pro.

This isn't the first Patriots person to talk about MB's problem with authority and controls.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what Malcolm did or what Belichick was thinking... probably will never know. Ever since the extension talks went sour it seems these two went sour.

I heard this on Boston Sports Tonight last night........"Malcolm Butler was told after the Jacksonville game that if he didn't get his shit together he'd be benched in the Super Bowl. He didn't change one thing because he thought Belichick was bluffing and would never sit him in the biggest game of the year. WRONG!!!!!

Belichick had the pre-game meeting and told Eric Rowe he was starting about 25 minutes before the game started. Butler shocked and literally crushed and that was the reason he was crying during the pre-game activities. Belichick told Butler that he was on the bench and would not play unless another cornerback was seriously injured and BB HAD to put him in. No injuries, no Butler.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be a Jet

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just struck me...........................Belichick's benching of Butler had real purpose. If the patriots had pulled out the win, it would prove to Butler that he was not that critical after all. More important, it told every other player that Belichick will sit your ass and not play you, even in the Super Bowl if you can't do your job to the level expected by the coaching staff.

Belichick pretty much said, "I control your opportunity to get a ring. Fuck with me and no one gets one."

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this on Boston Sports Tonight last night........"Malcolm Butler was told after the Jacksonville game that if he didn't get his shit together he'd be benched in the Super Bowl. He didn't change one thing because he thought Belichick was bluffing and would never sit him in the biggest game of the year. WRONG!!!!!

Belichick had the pre-game meeting and told Eric Rowe he was starting about 25 minutes before the game started. Butler shocked and literally crushed and that was the reason he was crying during the pre-game activities. Belichick told Butler that he was on the bench and would not play unless another cornerback was seriously injured and BB HAD to put him in. No injuries, no Butler.
Then someone should have taken a crowbar to Bademosi's knee

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just struck me...........................Belichick's benching of Butler had real purpose. If the patriots had pulled out the win, it would prove to Butler that he was not that critical after all. More important, it told every other player that Belichick will sit your ass and not play you, even in the Super Bowl if you can't do your job to the level expected by the coaching staff.

Belichick pretty much said, "I control your opportunity to get a ring. Fuck with me and no one gets one."
Aaaaand that's where he gets in his own way.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda jealous of you guys who get the local scoop. We got nothing out here on the left coast, literally nothing now that the Chargers are gone.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda jealous of you guys who get the local scoop. We got nothing out here on the left coast, literally nothing now that the Chargers are gone.

I'd gladly give up the scoop for the weather

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get a job somewhere.

It'd be cool to see him stay in the AFC East. And he could get a little revenge when the teams squared off.
I'd welcome that. Brady and his receivers would turn him inside out. He's not super fast so you don't have to worry about him going to the Faiders.