• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions=TehSucks: This is for you buddy.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Lol) I saw your, "where the fuck is Lionstop1 now" post.

I'll politely respond with this:
I don't make excuses for any player and I hate when our guys play bad just like everyone else but don't be acting as if none of the guys aren't allowed to make mistakes. You guys kill me the way you over react when Stafford, in particular, messes up. Everyone is so quick to point that out when at the same time, our star player (CJ) drops a easy 4th down pass, our defense played horrific, two interceptions were dropped, Bush fumbled everywhere, Ross, Durham and Ogletree dropped some, the stupid fake fg and everything else that happened.

I think Stafford is elite, so what! Everyone else doesn't, so what! I never ever take none of this message board shit serious.

The reality of all this right now is that the Lions defense is the whole key to whether they will make it in or not. Even when the offense struggles, they still manage to put up points. The defense rarely show up or has their back when needed. This is strictly my opinion. Have a great day! Lol

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stafford is elite, so what! Everyone else doesn't, so what! I never ever take none of this message board shit serious.

I also believe Stafford is an elite QB. I don't believe Ogeltree, Ross, Durham, Pettigrew, Fauria, etc. are elite pass catchers.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Stafford has made Pettigrew as good as he can be. Same with Fauria and Durham. Ross and Ogeltree simply aren't good. Burleson would have made a big difference yesterday (and I don't like Burleson). There simply isn't anybody on the field that Stafford can really trust these days aside from Bell and CJ.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its pretty bad when your Qb is forced to throw for 300+ yards in the first half just to keep up with the other team. Then, the fans think Stafford should never make any bad throws through all of that. The whole team has been rather inconsistent at the things they do well. Think about it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should make a lot less. (Bad throws)Missed easy TD passes to Bush and Durham. Left one too high for Pettigrew. Overthrew open guys, underthrew CJ and hot bailed out once, threw a pick the other time. Stafford didn't play all that well yesterday. Not that there aren't plenty excuses as to why he didn't. But he still didn't.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he played bad throughout the game. I bet several other teams that don't have a Qb would pay him what he's getting now or maybe even more. I could name several guys on the team that should be getting paid less because I don't think their play eqauls their pay check. I'll go with the whole dline, whom can't even do anything against a bunch of scrubs. Lol.

If Stafford connects on 100 percent of his passes, do the Lions win this game? Maybe, in a shootout! The highest paid reciever in the league shouldn't deserve his amount of money either because it seems as if he's dropping at least one or two a game, plus a few fumbles sprinkled in there. Andrew Luck shouldn't get paid after that beat down last week against the Rams.

But, I understand how this only applies to Stafford because he's our qb, the savior of the franchise. Lol. Thou shall not overthrow a ball in the NFL.Lmaoooooooooooooo

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he played bad throughout the game. I bet several other teams that don't have a Qb would pay him what he's getting now or maybe even more. I could name several guys on the team that should be getting paid less because I don't think their play eqauls their pay check. I'll go with the whole dline, whom can't even do anything against a bunch of scrubs. Lol.

If Stafford connects on 100 percent of his passes, do the Lions win this game? Maybe, in a shootout! The highest paid reciever in the league shouldn't deserve his amount of money either because it seems as if he's dropping at least one or two a game, plus a few fumbles sprinkled in there. Andrew Luck shouldn't get paid after that beat down last week against the Rams.

But, I understand how this only applies to Stafford because he's our qb, the savior of the franchise. Lol. Thou shall not overthrow a ball in the NFL.Lmaoooooooooooooo

Hahahah. Is that the 11th commandment then? ;)

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about the DLine, and one N. Suh in particular. He isn't being doubled on every play so that excuse is gone. He isn't a wrecking ball. He didn't make the stat sheet yesterday. Fairley is the lynch-pin of that DL, not Suh. Great players produce and he aint producing. Lets turn Suh's bloated salary into a rookie DT and 2 or 3 solid veterans.

On your point about Calvin not earning his paycheck... I think that is crazy talk.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets turn Suh's bloated salary into a rookie DT and 2 or 3 solid veterans.

I'd be all for that. Suh has had some good moments, then disappears entirely. The Lions D-line as a whole is not getting sacks or hits on opposing QBs (except late hits). Not sure that Suh would command that much in return, though, given how much he's regressed.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Right on Micro!

Rob, I was just using the same logic Smitty used about Stafford and how he shouldn't be getting paid. Of course CJ deserves his money, but he does make costly mistakes at times.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie,

I get pissed at our dline because they do disappear. But then, I factor in the fact that the secondary doesn't hold up for very long either and that the scheme is super vinilla. The only way I really get after the qb is if he single handedly lost the game. This loss was a complete team effort right here. The thing is; even if the offense plays a perfect game, they still have to defend.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie,

I get pissed at our dline because they do disappear. But then, I factor in the fact that the secondary doesn't hold up for very long either and that the scheme is super vinilla. The only way I really get after the qb is if he single handedly lost the game. This loss was a complete team effort right here. The thing is; even if the offense plays a perfect game, they still have to defend.

Not to mention both of our starting DEs are injured. All the more reason for Suh to play like JJ Watt rather than JJ Walker.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these guys are over paid. I will say he is a franchise QB. I will not put him elite status yet. He has the tools. The 2 throws he made in the game winning drive against Dallas to Durham and CJ were elite style throws. There is only a few in the league that make those throws.

Smitty is 100% correct in stating he has no touch in the short game. What does scare me about Staff also is CJ bails him out so much on long balls that most WR do not come down with. IMO that is the reason for the late INT. 3 poorly thrown balls deep in the game...one a TD and one a INT. Other way overthrown to Olgetree who probably would have dropped anyway.

I can not expect him to hit all passes. He did overthrow a possible 21 points maybe 28. When you lose by 10 those throws count and therefore IMO he is not elite.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention both of our starting DEs are injured. All the more reason for Suh to play like JJ Watt rather than JJ Walker.

DY-NO-MITE!!! (Suh was hurt yesterday too, although it didn't seem severe. And has lined up at DE more this season than I remember in the past.)

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stafford is on the cusp of being Elite. He has the leadership and his decision making is improving this year, but is not quite there yet. Still forcing throws to CJ at times when everyone. Needs better touch on shorter passes too.

I think he will get there soon. Probably by next year.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy,

I respect what you're saying but dont you think there's a lot of "ifs"?
There was points to be had every time they had the ball.....but someone screwed up, not hust Stafford. Whos to say Bush and Pettigrew wouldve even caught the ball if they were on target? Pitt shouldve never been rewarded with a 14 point lead.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy,

I respect what you're saying but dont you think there's a lot of "ifs"?
There was points to be had every time they had the ball.....but someone screwed up, not hust Stafford. Whos to say Bush and Pettigrew wouldve even caught the ball if they were on target? Pitt shouldve never been rewarded with a 14 point lead.

Agreed 100% on if's... I am not blaming Staff for loss. Nor just the fake on Schwartz. Defense blew!! I also stated in that post that Ogletree probably drops the bomb. He does need other WR's I give you that. Elite QB's make the #4 -6 WR's look all world at times. I like Durham... Tree/Ross not so much.

Staff did not fumble, nor did he hold on late punt. Rieff's false start right after punt. He did overthrow 3 possible TD's and I can put him in the mix of why Lions lost. He as Old Lion stated, " he is on the cusp" just not ther yet...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does need other WR's I give you that. Elite QB's make the #4 -6 WR's look all world at times. I like Durham..
I like Durham too. I just don't think he gets that many looks. I haven't rewatched games recently to figure out why. Is he not getting good separation? Is he running bad routes? I dont get it. He's shown ability to be a solid receiver, IMO.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also dropped some. Trust is earned.