• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Do This: 2023 Training Camp

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Leupke has yet to do much to separate himself from the competition and leave a lasting impression on the coaches. That is, until today. Nick Harris of dallascowboys.com had this to say:

Getting a healthy amount of carries ahead of his preseason debut, Luepke found holes, bounced off would-be tacklers and found some presence downfield. With all eyes on the running back position going into Saturday, it’ll be important for Luepke to carry that consistency onto the game field.
The last part of that statement rings especially true. As it stands, the Cowboys don’t have a power back on the roster, and Leupke could make himself valuable to the team if he can prove that he can handle short-yardage duties. Additionally, he should see time at fullback serving as a lead blocker. Take this play from yesterday as an example.

On 4th and 1, the offense hands the ball off Deuce Vaughn, but what catches the eye is Leupke’s block on Markquese Bell. If Leupke can do that consistently, it will do wonders for his chances to make the 53-man roster.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Leupke has yet to do much to separate himself from the competition and leave a lasting impression on the coaches. That is, until today. Nick Harris of dallascowboys.com had this to say:

The last part of that statement rings especially true. As it stands, the Cowboys don’t have a power back on the roster, and Leupke could make himself valuable to the team if he can prove that he can handle short-yardage duties. Additionally, he should see time at fullback serving as a lead blocker. Take this play from yesterday as an example.

On 4th and 1, the offense hands the ball off Deuce Vaughn, but what catches the eye is Leupke’s block on Markquese Bell. If Leupke can do that consistently, it will do wonders for his chances to make the 53-man roster.
I am down to having a FB on the team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game day fellows. Excited to see some of our new guys.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game day fellows. Excited to see some of our new guys.
I am too. But the guys I am most excited about shouldn't sniff the game.

Anyone else ready to see Micah? Its like uncovering a new shiny Ferrari! If he improved from last year, this season will be something special.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luepke isn't going to make a lot of wow plays. He'll have to be the stereotypical "lunch pail" type guy to make the team. My original opinion when we signed him was that he seemed like a guy who could be that and also be a really good STs guy. The STs part is a must for him to make the squad. He is one of the guys I'll be keeping an eye out for and I'm hoping he'll have a skill set that shines in short yardage as a runner or blocker and obviously in goal line situations as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am too. But the guys I am most excited about shouldn't sniff the game.

Anyone else ready to see Micah? Its like uncovering a new shiny Ferrari! If he improved from last year, this season will be something special.
Bet him over 14.5 sacks at basically even odds. Sans injury I think he has 16 or 17 at a minimum and could sniff over 18.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luepke isn't going to make a lot of wow plays. He'll have to be the stereotypical "lunch pail" type guy to make the team. My original opinion when we signed him was that he seemed like a guy who could be that and also be a really good STs guy. The STs part is a must for him to make the squad. He is one of the guys I'll be keeping an eye out for and I'm hoping he'll have a skill set that shines in short yardage as a runner or blocker and obviously in goal line situations as well.
I'm pulling hard for him & Vaughn.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not convinced we need a roster spot for a FB. Unless we truly return to a run first O that is. I don't see that happening.
Personal and PS games make that determination. I like a contributing FB and 3 TE'S myself.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not convinced we need a roster spot for a FB. Unless we truly return to a run first O that is. I don't see that happening.
I know you already know this. but for those that dont.
You know what a FB on the field helps sell.

Play action!

Then they watch for the playaction. & surprise its a run with a lead blocker.

& if that FB knows how to catch (Like Moose) even better!

I wish we never got rid of the FB position.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah's work ethic is elevating him from phenom to potential all time great. His skill set is starting to match up with his enormous talent
Just think of how many times Parsons gets held every game. The man is a beast

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am rooting for Luepke to make the roster. I think he can be a weapon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but he also wouldn't be "just a FB". We will run on first down somewhere between 44% and 49% of the time. What's that, one play difference per game if we are labeled "run first"? If our defense is indeed dominant it means better field position and likely a little more conservative offense.

On Luepke specifically, he only makes the team if he is a strong, core STer. Now add in our red zone issues of the last few years and the loss of our main red zone ball carrier and I think any player that helps there gets a big leg up in my ratings. Lastly, other than Dowdle, which of our RBs can pass protect and we don't know if Dowdle makes the squad. As a bonus throw in the fact that he isn't just a pure FB. He played RB, HB and a little TE in College. We shall see what Luepke is, but again it won't be in the form of WoW plays. Most likely if he earns a role it will be because the other RBs don't excel or don't play STs or because of his blocking ability. If he doesn't make the team McKeon kind of has to because none of our other TEs have proven to excel at blocking or as an HB. May the best man/men win. I, for one, wouldn't dismiss both he and McKeon making the roster. We need to be able to block against these tough defensive fronts we face in the playoffs. Stressing again he needs to show up on STs because if he is active on game day he will be on all 4 of the main ST squads.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but he also wouldn't be "just a FB". We will run on first down somewhere between 44% and 49% of the time. What's that, one play difference per game if we are labeled "run first"? If our defense is indeed dominant it means better field position and likely a little more conservative offense.

On Luepke specifically, he only makes the team if he is a strong, core STer. Now add in our red zone issues of the last few years and the loss of our main red zone ball carrier and I think any player that helps there gets a big leg up in my ratings. Lastly, other than Dowdle, which of our RBs can pass protect and we don't know if Dowdle makes the squad. As a bonus throw in the fact that he isn't just a pure FB. He played RB, HB and a little TE in College. We shall see what Luepke is, but again it won't be in the form of WoW plays. Most likely if he earns a role it will be because the other RBs don't excel or don't play STs or because of his blocking ability. If he doesn't make the team McKeon kind of has to because none of our other TEs have proven to excel at blocking or as an HB. May the best man/men win. I, for one, wouldn't dismiss both he and McKeon making the roster. We need to be able to block against these tough defensive fronts we face in the playoffs. Stressing again he needs to show up on STs because if he is active on game day he will be on all 4 of the main ST squads.
You made a more convincing case for him to be on ST than a FB. Like you said, we have TE that can fill that roll and we have been known to throw in an O lineman in on those situations.

I am like you in wanting best football player on the field, no matter the position.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you already know this. but for those that dont.
You know what a FB on the field helps sell.

Play action!

Then they watch for the playaction. & surprise its a run with a lead blocker.

& if that FB knows how to catch (Like Moose) even better!

I wish we never got rid of the FB position.
Sure thing. True.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal and PS games make that determination. I like a contributing FB and 3 TE'S myself.
Contributing is that key word.

Return of the days of Moose. But that was something special and not sure of the duplication.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick hit observation… I liked the pace of the offense in the 1st quarter. Looks like they want to up the tempo and it looked promising.