• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Do This: 2023 Training Camp

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Dallas Cowboys get into their 2023 training camp in Oxnard, California, former Texas Longhorns linebacker DeMarvion Overshown is already turning heads in his rookie season. Overshown has already shown his versatility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field. Those attributes were the main reason why he was so successful in Austin.

“Any and everywhere, just moving around,” Overshown told Patrik Walker of DallasCowboys.com. “It’s kinda like what I was doing in college. I know Coach Quinn has a plan for me. I’m just excited to work, whatever they need me to do, I’m gonna do it.”

As a former safety, Overshown’s coverage skills from a linebacker position are terrific, so it’s a distinct possibility he sees time as the extra linebacker in nickel packages or in the secondary in base formations. He also has experience playing on the edge, making him an even more intriguing player to potentially rush the passer or cover shallow and flat passing routes.

The Arp native hopes his attitude and wide skillset can propel him into a significant role for the Cowboys this season, and perhaps, maybe into the starting lineup.

“I got a lot of work to do to get to that point, but I feel that one day you’ll see me on all three levels in one game,” Overshown said to Nick Harris of DallasCowboys.com. “I never want to sell myself short just because I know what I’m capable of. I’ve shown that I can dominate blitzing and dominate in coverage.”

Overshown also wants to play on special teams. In fact, he said he wants to start on “all special teams.”

With Anthony Barr no longer with the Cowboys, there’s a spot in the linebacker corps up for grabs. It should be one of the most intriguing position competitions in training camp. Overshown said it’s his job to, “keep the coaches questioning every day who the guy is for the job.”
“I’m going for it,” he said.

This guy may flash.
:hope:
Yep, even trumps my deep Longhorn hatred. I think he will be really good.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard today of Elliotts 12TD's last season, 7 were inside the 5 yard line.

Who gets the nasty yards this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Zeke back for 2M plus incentives. Only reason Elliotts was cut was money. Still has value

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Zeke back for 2M plus incentives. Only reason Elliotts was cut was money. Still has value
It was all about the money.. he could still contribute in short yardage.

. I think he is better than Davis and Jones. I don't trust either as short yardage weapons.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Dallas Cowboys get into their 2023 training camp in Oxnard, California, former Texas Longhorns linebacker DeMarvion Overshown is already turning heads in his rookie season. Overshown has already shown his versatility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field. Those attributes were the main reason why he was so successful in Austin.

“Any and everywhere, just moving around,” Overshown told Patrik Walker of DallasCowboys.com. “It’s kinda like what I was doing in college. I know Coach Quinn has a plan for me. I’m just excited to work, whatever they need me to do, I’m gonna do it.”

As a former safety, Overshown’s coverage skills from a linebacker position are terrific, so it’s a distinct possibility he sees time as the extra linebacker in nickel packages or in the secondary in base formations. He also has experience playing on the edge, making him an even more intriguing player to potentially rush the passer or cover shallow and flat passing routes.

The Arp native hopes his attitude and wide skillset can propel him into a significant role for the Cowboys this season, and perhaps, maybe into the starting lineup.

“I got a lot of work to do to get to that point, but I feel that one day you’ll see me on all three levels in one game,” Overshown said to Nick Harris of DallasCowboys.com. “I never want to sell myself short just because I know what I’m capable of. I’ve shown that I can dominate blitzing and dominate in coverage.”

Overshown also wants to play on special teams. In fact, he said he wants to start on “all special teams.”

With Anthony Barr no longer with the Cowboys, there’s a spot in the linebacker corps up for grabs. It should be one of the most intriguing position competitions in training camp. Overshown said it’s his job to, “keep the coaches questioning every day who the guy is for the job.”
“I’m going for it,” he said.

This guy may flash.
:hope:
That's my dad's guy. He is hyped for him 100%

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, even trumps my deep Longhorn hatred. I think he will be really good.
It will be very interesting to see how Quinn will use him. I like the linebackers. I am also interested in seeing Clark with a full off-season ,training camp an pre season. Clark has the potential to be a beast with that speed. Overshown is also another fast guy.

The talent on defense is the best in over two decades. There is quality depth now. So many Years with a trash secondary and only one pass rusher. Quinn and Mcclay done a hell of a job building this defense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick is nicked up and may take a quarter of the season to be a contributor.
I think Ferguson,Hendershot and McKeon can hold down the fort until the 2nd rounder is ready. Ferguson and Hendershot are not lacking confidence which is something that i like.

They also got that FB who I think can be a weapon as a TE. Not sure if he is ready though

Supposedly Tolbert and Vaughn looking good so far in camp. Dak saying Tolbert is looking better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round pick is nicked up and may take a quarter of the season to be a concontributor
We have a second round pick problem. I don't get it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a second round pick problem. I don't get it.
Yeah. Diggs and a couple of others hit but it seems to be our weak spot. I'm not going to write the kid off but supposedly we knew about the injury when we picked him. Even without the injury it looked like a little bit of a reach based on his College performance. With the injury it looks a little more questionable when you had guys like Torrence sitting there and an OL injury problem (Smith always hurt, Steele coming off major injury and now Martin holding out). I don't suspect we see any great impact from Schoonmaker the first month at least. Hopefully he tiurns out a player. Even if just a good blocking TE while his receiving game develops he can help this team. I'm hoping to see him in the preseason games a little. I think he could be a little bit of an every down TE for us with a combo of pass catching and blocking.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Diggs and a couple of others hit but it seems to be our weak spot. I'm not going to write the kid off but supposedly we knew about the injury when we picked him. Even without the injury it looked like a little bit of a reach based on his College performance. With the injury it looks a little more questionable when you had guys like Torrence sitting there and an OL injury problem (Smith always hurt, Steele coming off major injury and now Martin holding out). I don't suspect we see any great impact from Schoonmaker the first month at least. Hopefully he tiurns out a player. Even if just a good blocking TE while his receiving game develops he can help this team. I'm hoping to see him in the preseason games a little. I think he could be a little bit of an every down TE for us with a combo of pass catching and blocking.
I still think Ferguson can be more than JAG. I watched some traing camp video and he looked like he improved his blocking

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, add the annual uneeded reach to the process. We will see. You cannot keep miss hitting on high round picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uggghhh...this just pisses me off now after reading that we knew of his injury when we drafted him

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have a problem…

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have a problem…

So after playing this the exact same way last offseason and then having perhaps the worst kicking performance of NFL playoff history and seeing how it could have single handedly cost us a playoff game, we turn around and the very next year we prove we never learn our lesson and don't even attempt to bring in a real kicker or doing anything differently. I will say that IMO Fassel has been absolutely horrible since he has been here. Why is he still here?