• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets Do This: 2023 Training Camp

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team in a long time
I agree. The defense is what I am talking about. Potential MVP candidate in Parsons. A pass rush that comes in waves. The potential of this line backing core. A top secondary. Two huge run stoppers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best team in a long time
I'll say what I've been saying all offseason. The biggest improvement is the two trades. Go back to last year's SF game and put those two guys on the field. Now do it with Steele at RT and Pollard for the whole game. If we had all of that I think we win and not in a nail biter either. But, unfortunately, SF got better too. IMO We aren't the best team in the Conference, but when January rolls around I think we will be closer than we were last year and the best team doesn't always win anyway...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Don't care to be the best team in the league in September and I sure don't want this team thinking any of that bull.

The Eagles are the best team in football. Everone seems to hang on last year.

Should be a fun season

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Don't care to be the best team in the league in September and I sure don't want this team thinking any of that bull.

The Eagles are the best team in football. Everone seems to hang on last year.

Should be a fun season
The Eagles will learn like many before, extremely hard to repeat prior season success.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say what I've been saying all offseason. The biggest improvement is the two trades. Go back to last year's SF game and put those two guys on the field. Now do it with Steele at RT and Pollard for the whole game. If we had all of that I think we win and not in a nail biter either. But, unfortunately, SF got better too. IMO We aren't the best team in the Conference, but when January rolls around I think we will be closer than we were last year and the best team doesn't always win anyway...
The main concern I got right now is Zack Martin. It sure looks like to me like Ball is actually worse than that bum that gave up 8 sacks in one game five years ago. Dak is going to be running for his life if they lose starters on this OL.

I am no expert,but I would have taken an offensive lineman with that 2nd round pick.

The kicker is another concern, but at least they got rid of vizcsino or whatever his name is. they better hope Aubrey is good .

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe there’s room on the roster for Deuce Vaughn and KaVontae Turpin?

David Moore:
My initial impression is to say no. How many teams in the league have one player of this size making a contribution on their roster, much less two? But Turpin is a Pro Bowl punt returner and has looked good as a receiver in this camp. Vaughn has flashed at moments in this camp and it’s clear the coaching staff spent time during the offseason installing a few plays that would give him the chance to carve a role for himself in the backfield. Will both be active for every game? Too early to say. But it’s my belief both will secure a spot on the roster.

His initial reaction is a valid concern. Having two roster spots taken up by essentially the same player seems counterproductive. However, the discussion has changed after seeing McCarthy’s emphasis on getting Turpin involved as a wide receiver.

If Turpin couldn’t show growth as an NFL wideout and would just be used as a punt/kick returner, his roster spot could have been in jeopardy. Thus far, he has proven to work well with Dak Prescott and be another speedy receiver at the offense’s disposal.

The team has had a clear vision for Deuce Vaughn from the moment they drafted him, and the front office has shown enough track history to keep their draft picks around, no matter what round they were selected. Both players might not be active on gameday, but having both on the roster could take away having a fourth tight end or a third quarterback.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe there’s room on the roster for Deuce Vaughn and KaVontae Turpin?

David Moore:
My initial impression is to say no. How many teams in the league have one player of this size making a contribution on their roster, much less two? But Turpin is a Pro Bowl punt returner and has looked good as a receiver in this camp. Vaughn has flashed at moments in this camp and it’s clear the coaching staff spent time during the offseason installing a few plays that would give him the chance to carve a role for himself in the backfield. Will both be active for every game? Too early to say. But it’s my belief both will secure a spot on the roster.

His initial reaction is a valid concern. Having two roster spots taken up by essentially the same player seems counterproductive. However, the discussion has changed after seeing McCarthy’s emphasis on getting Turpin involved as a wide receiver.

If Turpin couldn’t show growth as an NFL wideout and would just be used as a punt/kick returner, his roster spot could have been in jeopardy. Thus far, he has proven to work well with Dak Prescott and be another speedy receiver at the offense’s disposal.

The team has had a clear vision for Deuce Vaughn from the moment they drafted him, and the front office has shown enough track history to keep their draft picks around, no matter what round they were selected. Both players might not be active on gameday, but having both on the roster could take away having a fourth tight end or a third quarterback.
I think it’s clear if Turpin is on the roster he is the #1 return guy and active on game day and I do expect he will be. He is dynamic and losing him would be a mistake. But There’s just no reason to keep him if he isn’t Active on game day because you don’t keep a back return guy who isn’t playing offense or running down on kicks and punts.

Deuce is an option to make the 53 but not necessarily the game day roster because I think there is more offensive potential with him and right now it’s not like backup RB snaps aren’t up for grabs so he could even carve out a game day role there. So, I can see both on the 53. If Deuce can run down on kickoff and punts I think he very likely makes the roster. If he doesn’t I think its still better than 50/50 He does. Backup WRs and RBs do generally need to play STs to be on the game day roster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s clear if Turpin is on the roster he is the #1 return guy and active on game day and I do expect he will be. He is dynamic and losing him would be a mistake. But There’s just no reason to keep him if he isn’t Active on game day because you don’t keep a back return guy who isn’t playing offense or running down on kicks and punts.

Deuce is an option to make the 53 but not necessarily the game day roster because I think there is more offensive potential with him and right now it’s not like backup RB snaps aren’t up for grabs so he could even carve out a game day role there. So, I can see both on the 53. If Deuce can run down on kickoff and punts I think he very likely makes the roster. If he doesn’t I think its still better than 50/50 He does. Backup WRs and RBs do generally need to play STs to be on the game day roster.
I think Turpin makes the team showing value as a receiver. Camp reports say Mike has plays designed with Turpin in mind.

I said this before the draft. I wouldn't dismiss Vaughn playing punt & kickoff ST's. Kid is a football player.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after playing this the exact same way last offseason and then having perhaps the worst kicking performance of NFL playoff history and seeing how it could have single handedly cost us a playoff game, we turn around and the very next year we prove we never learn our lesson and don't even attempt to bring in a real kicker or doing anything differently. I will say that IMO Fassel has been absolutely horrible since he has been here. Why is he still here?
The same reason Jerry is still the GM. Never learn from past mistakes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts, Micah is just having an insane camp. It looks like he is going to actually be better than his first two years if you can imagine that

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you keep both on the 53. Too me it would be dumb to not keep both. .Vaughn is not the same player as Turpin. IDGAF what Moore says . Vaughn put up huge numbers against real good college defenses. He can play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you keep both on the 53. Too me it would be dumb to not keep both. .Vaughn is not the same player as Turpin. IDGAF what Moore says . Vaughn put up huge numbers against real good college defenses. He can play.
I agree. I have a feeling if we give him any blocking whatsoever (IMO our backup OL sucks even compared to other backups) Vaughn will impress in preseason games and force his way onto the roster and possibly into some game day snaps and like I said in another post I think Turpin WILL be on the roster and IMO his being on the roster probably isn't even a discussion point amongst the decision makers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts, Micah is just having an insane camp. It looks like he is going to actually be better than his first two years if you can imagine that
Micah's work ethic is elevating him from phenom to potential all time great. His skill set is starting to match up with his enormous talent

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has thrown 11 picks so far in camp. I think that has more to do with going against our D than anything negative on him. To me, the Cowboys have the best and easily the deepest secondary in the NFL. Combine that with a great pass rush and its going to be tough sledding for opposing offenses. I think Quinn has a unit every bit as good as his great Legion of Boom defenses. Maybe better

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my years and I've never seen int's counted in training camp. This is a first. It's reported everywhere.

Wonder what his camp int percentage is. Fuck that, it's
Dak

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit is all over Dak till McCarthy starts doing is Bozo act.

Dallas Cowboys fans are many things but band wagon ain't it.
Ask any past Dallas QB NOT NAMED Staubach.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Dallas Cowboys get into their 2023 training camp in Oxnard, California, former Texas Longhorns linebacker DeMarvion Overshown is already turning heads in his rookie season. Overshown has already shown his versatility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get on the field. Those attributes were the main reason why he was so successful in Austin.

“Any and everywhere, just moving around,” Overshown told Patrik Walker of DallasCowboys.com. “It’s kinda like what I was doing in college. I know Coach Quinn has a plan for me. I’m just excited to work, whatever they need me to do, I’m gonna do it.”

As a former safety, Overshown’s coverage skills from a linebacker position are terrific, so it’s a distinct possibility he sees time as the extra linebacker in nickel packages or in the secondary in base formations. He also has experience playing on the edge, making him an even more intriguing player to potentially rush the passer or cover shallow and flat passing routes.

The Arp native hopes his attitude and wide skillset can propel him into a significant role for the Cowboys this season, and perhaps, maybe into the starting lineup.

“I got a lot of work to do to get to that point, but I feel that one day you’ll see me on all three levels in one game,” Overshown said to Nick Harris of DallasCowboys.com. “I never want to sell myself short just because I know what I’m capable of. I’ve shown that I can dominate blitzing and dominate in coverage.”

Overshown also wants to play on special teams. In fact, he said he wants to start on “all special teams.”

With Anthony Barr no longer with the Cowboys, there’s a spot in the linebacker corps up for grabs. It should be one of the most intriguing position competitions in training camp. Overshown said it’s his job to, “keep the coaches questioning every day who the guy is for the job.”
“I’m going for it,” he said.

This guy may flash.
:hope:
Dallas Cowboys star Micah Parsons is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL right now, alongside Aaron Donald and a handful of others.

So, when he is impressed with someone, particularly a rookie, it should speak volumes about that players performance and capabilities.

And according to Parsons, one player that has really stood out has been former Texas Longhorns linebacker, DeMarvion Overshown, who impressed last weekend.

“One guy I know y’all saw him out there (Saturday) was (Overshown),” Parsons said. “Man, the way he’s gravitated to me. I’m like, ‘Man, just let it go.’ You see a flash. You see him shoot a gap. I’m like, ‘Bro, just let it go all the time. Stop thinking, just play your game.’ ”

That’s how you show that you have a frickin playmaker.’ That’s the standard. That’s how you do it. That’s how you ball out. I couldn’t be happier for him.”

Overshown has shown those capabilities in the past with the Horns. And now, it appears he is doing it with the Cowboys as well.