• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Lebron James and his all time ranking

Where does Lebron James Rank all time in NBA history?

• Best NBA player of all time, hands down

• He's top 1 or 2..not sure which

• He's top 5

• He's outside the top 5 all time, but in the top 10

• Put some Sprite in that potato salad

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After meeting the Duke and Duchess, LeBron posted the photos you see above on Instagram with the following caption.

“Wow what an Honor! This game has brought me so much and I’ll never take it for granted! The King, “Duke & Duchess. #Royalty #StriveForGreatness #RWTW #LRMR #Klutch.”

izcOK4m.gif

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that counts. A little cringey for sure.

Still, an instagram post wordplay on "The Duke, The Duchess, and The King" is a far cry from the notion that LeBron goes around calling himself the King.
he does it a lot more often than you'd think. google it. i did.

he refers to himself in the 3rd person for shits sake...

hes a douchebag

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it wasnt. you think it is, because you didnt like what i posted.

No I think it was because you are treating a sensational story told by an unnamed source to a wizards beat writer as fact.

If a an unnamed source told a nobody wizards beat writer that LeBron helps little old ladies cross the street every day, I would be just as dismissive of it.

You are the one clinging to garbage evidence only because it supports a claim you made. A claim, by the way, you shifted to after I explained that your original claim (that he gave himself the nickname) was incorrect.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think it was because you are treating a sensation story told by an unnamed source to a wizards beat writer as fact.

If a an unnamed source told a nobody wizards beat writer that LeBron helps little old ladies cross the street every day, I would be just as dismissive of it.

You are the one clinging to garbage evidence only because it supports a claim you made. A claim, by the way, you shifted to after I explained that your original claim (that he gave himself the nickname) was incorrect.
lol

ok bub.

do you have a fathead on your wall? do you know lebron personally?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that counts. A little cringey for sure.

Still, an instagram post wordplay on "The Duke, The Duchess, and The King" is a far cry from the notion that LeBron goes around calling himself the King.
you just said my sources were garbage.

are you ok?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just said my sources were garbage.

are you ok?

lol, I didn't say every source you ever post in the future is garbage. I was referring to that one article you linked.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I didn't say every source you ever post in the future is garbage. I was referring to that one article you linked.
you had me confused.

seriously...google it. i found 2 quick links.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo.

Yes he is arrogant. Name one elite player who isn't beside Tim Duncan.

Fact is, people hate him because he is great and he is constantly in the public eye.

Why do Lebron apologists always say this crap?

There are plenty of reasons to not like Lebron besides his being a great player. Kobe was also a great player AND he played 20 years for my favorite team. I didn't like him either.

At least Lakers fans can acknowledge that Kobe was an asshole and not very likeable, but for Lebron apologists it's always "you just don't like him because he's great."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't mentally weak. He is the size of centers from the 90s. He would dish out a lot more punishment than he would take. Good luck standing in front of that freight train. Fouls that floored players like Jordan and Pippen might induce a flop, but they would have much less impact on LeBron than they had on those players. He is literally a physical freak of nature.

What does his size have to do with whether or not he is mentally weak?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you had me confused.

seriously...google it. i found 2 quick links.

Look, the notion of LeBron being a self-proclaimed King and referring to himself as the King is a very common one. Its often repeated and just treated as fact.

It stems from the fact that he had "The Chosen One" tattooed on himself when he was a kid (a title given to him by Sports Illustrated) and the phrase used by Dan Gilbert in his embarrassing letter.

In reality though, its just not true. He didn't give himself any nickname, and he doesn't refer to himself as the King or in the 3rd person. The dude gives hours upon hours of interviews every year and I'd be shocked if you came up with a single clip of him referring to himself as the King.

The closest thing was during the decision when he said "I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James". No nickname, and the 3rd person actually makes sense in this case.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the notion of LeBron being a self-proclaimed King and referring to himself as the King is a very common one. Its often repeated and just treated as fact.

It stems from the fact that he had "The Chosen One" tattooed on himself when he was a kid (a title given to him by Sports Illustrated) and the phrase used by Dan Gilbert in his embarrassing letter.

In reality though, its just not true. He didn't give himself any nickname, and he doesn't refer to himself as the King or in the 3rd person. The dude gives hours upon hours of interviews every year and I'd be shocked if you came up with a single clip of him referring to himself as the King.

The closest thing was during the decision when he said "I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James". No nickname, and the 3rd person actually makes sense in this case.
i just gave you 2 links with quotes, and a freakin insytagarm post where he calls himself the king. short of stamping it on your forehead, I'm not sure what else I can do.

let it go. hes not your friend. tom brady sells snake oil and faux science. i can say honest things about my cities teams too.

lebron talks in third person, a lot. its a fact.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/52a11e5fca06277fe087d9c3460382cc

LEBRON JAMES - BASKETBALL

"I wanted to do what was best for, you know, LeBron James and what LeBron James was going to do to make him happy."

It's lucky the Miami Heat star knows how to keep himself happy, because LeBron James does not want to see what happens when LeBron James upsets LeBron James.

But we should expect nothing less from the man who staged his own ego-driven one-hour live TV show to announce his new NBA home and called it "The Decision".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not as much sense as "I wanted to do what was best for me and my family."

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Lebron apologists always say this crap?

There are plenty of reasons to not like Lebron besides his being a great player. Kobe was also a great player AND he played 20 years for my favorite team. I didn't like him either.

At least Lakers fans can acknowledge that Kobe was an asshole and not very likeable, but for Lebron apologists it's always "you just don't like him because he's great."

I mean, I think it takes both.

LeBron definitely has some qualities to his personality that I can see why it rubs people the wrong way. But no one would care anywhere close to as much if he wasn't an all-time great. They wouldn't even notice.

His greatness isn't the sole reason he's disliked... but to me, its definitely the reason that it gets noticed and - in my opinion - often blown way out of proportion.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just gave you 2 links with quotes, and a freakin insytagarm post where he calls himself the king. short of stamping it on your forehead, I'm not sure what else I can do.

let it go. hes not your friend. tom brady sells snake oil and faux science. i can say honest things about my cities teams too.

lebron talks in third person, a lot. its a fact.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/52a11e5fca06277fe087d9c3460382cc

LEBRON JAMES - BASKETBALL

"I wanted to do what was best for, you know, LeBron James and what LeBron James was going to do to make him happy."

It's lucky the Miami Heat star knows how to keep himself happy, because LeBron James does not want to see what happens when LeBron James upsets LeBron James.

But we should expect nothing less from the man who staged his own ego-driven one-hour live TV show to announce his new NBA home and called it "The Decision".

Yes, so to recap... your evidence that LeBron is a "self-proclaimed" king and "goes around referring to himself as the King" is...

1) A story from an anonymous player to a Wizards beat writer where said player claims that LeBron texted him "Yo, this is King James."

2) A caption on a photo that he posted to instagram of himself with the Duke and Duchess that reads "The Duke, The Duchess, and The King".

3) A quote from LeBron's decision where he says "I wanted to do what's best for LeBron James." (No mention of the king).

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, so to recap... your evidence that LeBron is a "self-proclaimed" king and "goes around referring to himself as the King" is...

1) A story from an anonymous player to a Wizards beat writer where said player claims that LeBron texted him "Yo, this is King James."

2) A caption on a photo that he posted to instagram of himself with the Duke and Duchess that reads "The Duke, The Duchess, and The King".

3) A quote from LeBron's decision where he says "I wanted to do what's best for LeBron James." (No mention of the king).
FYI

you really look like a ridiculous homer here. you've never been in lebrons living room. stop acting like he is passing you the brie.

# 3 is a quote calling himself in third person! it wasnt for the king thing. keep up kid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I think it takes both.

LeBron definitely has some qualities to his personality that I can see why it rubs people the wrong way. But no one would care anywhere close to as much if he wasn't an all-time great. They wouldn't even notice.

His greatness isn't the sole reason he's disliked... but to me, its definitely the reason that it gets noticed and - in my opinion - often blown way out of proportion.

Of course no one would notice if he wasn't a great player. Being a great player is also why Kobe being an asshole was noticed and why anyone even cared.

Why is it so difficult for you Lebron apologists to accept that there are many fans who can dislike him and still acknowledge that he's an all time great player?

Heck, I'm openly hoping that he chooses to come to the Lakers next season because he's a great player. But I still won't like him. He'll basically become just like Kobe for me. I won't like him, but I'll enjoy the heck out of the wins and, hopefully, another title or 2 so we can finally catch and pass those green bastards in Boston.