• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Lebron James and his all time ranking

Where does Lebron James Rank all time in NBA history?

• Best NBA player of all time, hands down

• He's top 1 or 2..not sure which

• He's top 5

• He's outside the top 5 all time, but in the top 10

• Put some Sprite in that potato salad

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. There is no difference if that is what you're asking people to refer to you as - and IMO there certainly isn't a HUGE difference.

If hearing it out loud makes one cringe then seeing it documented in print should be even worse!

Interesting. Yeah, completely disagree.

Its not about whether its spoken or whether its typed... its about you using it to refer to yourself. If I texted my friend, hey its ladykilla... that just as cringey as if I called him.

Using a nickname in creating a moniker for an online account is very common. Walking around reffering to yourself by a nickname is ont.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess why he's the self-annointed "king" before he even stepped on the hardwood...

got it...:rolleyes2:

He was not self annointed though.

People began calling him King James because of utter domination at the high school level. He was a no brainer future NBA superstar at the age of 15. He was the first player ever to earn USA Today All American first team as a Sophomore. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated as a Junior. No prospect has ever been more highly acclaimed than LeBron. The nickname came to be because he was literally the greatest prospect of all time.

Just because he earned his nickname before the NBA and Gilbert called him "the self proclaimed King" in his nasty retribution letter does not mean he coined the term himself. People who say that are way off base.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Just because he's physically big doesn't mean he would've welcomed contact. And we're not talking about the love taps he complains about on a regular basis. Guys used to get clothesline, their butts grabbed (by Rodman of course) and literally shoved to ground (Jordan by IT on many occasions). LBJ just isn't built that way, which is why he chose basketball rather than football I'm sure.

By the way,

LeBRon was a 2 time all state football player his sophomore and junior year's and earned offers to D1 programs like Notre Dame. He stopped playing before his senior year to focus on basketball. So, yeah, I think he is fine with contact.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Lebron apologists always say this crap?

There are plenty of reasons to not like Lebron besides his being a great player. Kobe was also a great player AND he played 20 years for my favorite team. I didn't like him either.

At least Lakers fans can acknowledge that Kobe was an asshole and not very likeable, but for Lebron apologists it's always "you just don't like him because he's great."

I never said he wasn't an asshole. I do think he is selfish, even though he doesn't necessarily play selfishly. I get why people don't like him.

But, at the same time, if he wasn't so damn great he wouldn't be on the public eye so much and people wouldn't care about the trivial reasons that make them dislike him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course no one would notice if he wasn't a great player. Being a great player is also why Kobe being an asshole was noticed and why anyone even cared.

Why is it so difficult for you Lebron apologists to accept that there are many fans who can dislike him and still acknowledge that he's an all time great player?

Heck, I'm openly hoping that he chooses to come to the Lakers next season because he's a great player. But I still won't like him. He'll basically become just like Kobe for me. I won't like him, but I'll enjoy the heck out of the wins and, hopefully, another title or 2 so we can finally catch and pass those green bastards in Boston.

Honestly, because many let their dislike for him influence their ranking of him. Sorry, but that is fact.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way,

LeBRon was a 2 time all state football player his sophomore and junior year's and earned offers to D1 programs like Notre Dame. He stopped playing before his senior year to focus on basketball. So, yeah, I think he is fine with contact.
Oh I know he can play - I alluded to that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he wasn't an asshole. I do think he is selfish, even though he doesn't necessarily play selfishly. I get why people don't like him.

But, at the same time, if he wasn't so damn great he wouldn't be on the public eye so much and people wouldn't care about the trivial reasons that make them dislike him.
TD is considered great, but I don't recall people "hating" him. My point is this - he brings a lot of the negative attention he gets on himself.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, because many let their dislike for him influence their ranking of him. Sorry, but that is fact.
I disagree again - plenty of people here have said he's a great player while being open about not liking him or his image.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD is considered great, but I don't recall people "hating" him. My point is this - he brings a lot of the negative attention he gets on himself.

Maybe,

But he also had the national spotlight thrust on him when he was 15 years old. How many teenagers are equipped to deal with that?

Duncan was much older when he entered the league and media more or less left him alone because he wasn't outspoken. Everyone likes Duncan, but how many people actually know what he is like on a personal level? We don't really have access to him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree again - plenty of people here have said he's a great player while being open about not liking him or his image.

Everyone says he is great. That does not mean some are not underrating him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe,

But he also had the national spotlight thrust on him when he was 15 years old. How many teenagers are equipped to deal with that?

Duncan was much older when he entered the league and media more or less left him alone because he wasn't outspoken. Everyone likes Duncan, but how many people actually know what he is like on a personal level? We don't really have access to him.
And less is probably considered good if the other end of the spectrum is LBJ.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10, not top 5. Maybe currently around 7th or 8th. Still too many good players ahead of him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan-dabby-dozy!
I'm not really sure what else they're looking for. If someone considers him great isn't that the top tier of the NBA?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd behind MJ and Bill Russell in my opinion.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3