• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Lebron James and his all time ranking

Where does Lebron James Rank all time in NBA history?

• Best NBA player of all time, hands down

• He's top 1 or 2..not sure which

• He's top 5

• He's outside the top 5 all time, but in the top 10

• Put some Sprite in that potato salad

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i imagine sometimes what the paint USED to be...a place where only men went. drive that lane, you're paying for it. i miss that...

i close my eyes sometimes and picture lebron driving on rick mahorn or lambier, etc...and seeing him get whacked and cry for a foul, only to have one of those guys tell him to pull his pants up.

Well, FYI, this is not a little guard we are talking about here.

LeBron outweighs most centers from the 90s and before, including Laimbeer and Mahorn. Yes he wines and flops, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't absolutely flourish in a more physical NBA. The dude was literally created for physical play.

You guys act like he is a pansy because he embellishes contact. Guess what? Jordan did too. Just in a more socially acceptable way. You watch any highlight of Jordan post moves and you will see his patented fade away where he takes slight contact on the way up, lands on his ass and makes himself slide 15 feet across the court. That is a flop too.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron outweighs most centers from the 90s and before, including Laimbeer and Mahorn. Yes he wines and flops, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't absolutely flourish in a more physical NBA. The dude was literally created for physical play.

You guys act like he is a pansy because he embellishes contact. Guess what? Jordan did too. Just in a more socially acceptable way. You watch any highlight of Jordan post moves and you will see his patented fade away where he takes slight contact on the way up, lands on his ass and makes himself slide 15 feet across the court. That is a flop too.
his body was created for physical play, sure. i just doubt above the neck.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Top 2 by accident. Meant to put Top 5.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5, in the 3-4 range. One more ship and he moves to 2. Two more ships and he is in the conversation with MJ IMO. I don't like to factor greatness just on ships but being MJ and Lebron are so great difficult to determine.

Here is why ships are a bit overrated.

Golden State might literally be unbeatable as currently constructed.

You have to win a few to be in the discussion for sure, but era and competition matter. LeBron will absolutely be in the conversation for #2 (1 in some people's eyes) without winning another. And he should be. His future teams will likely never be good enough to beat the current Warriors, but that doesn't diminish him at all. The KD Warriors are the best team I have ever seen and it isn't particularly close IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his body was created for physical play, sure. i just doubt above the neck.

Eh.

He isn't Jordan mentally, but who is?

Dude is pretty damn resilient. Nobody in the history of the game has been scrutinized anywhere near as closely as LeBron has. If MJ had to live under that microscope, he may not have fared quite as well as he did.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 for sure. One of the best players of all time. He also would have flourished in any era. That's pretty ridiculous to say he wouldn't.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why ships are a bit overrated.

Golden State might literally be unbeatable as currently constructed.

You have to win a few to be in the discussion for sure, but era and competition matter. LeBron will absolutely be in the conversation for #2 (1 in some people's eyes) without winning another. And he should be. His future teams will likely never be good enough to beat the current Warriors, but that doesn't diminish him at all. The KD Warriors are the best team I have ever seen and it isn't particularly close IMO.

There isnt one player in history that replaces Lebron on the Cavs, and they beat last years Warriors', I truly believe that

Im not sure if anyone replaces him the previous year and beats the Warriors like the Cavs did

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call them what you want, look at their seasons that followed as evidence......They were the #5 seed the year after being swept by Jordan, and it was all downhill after that
I think their demise started when the newly expansion team (Twolves) selected Rick Mahorn. From there they started having trouble w/ keeping guys.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Just because he's physically big doesn't mean he would've welcomed contact. And we're not talking about the love taps he complains about on a regular basis. Guys used to get clothesline, their butts grabbed (by Rodman of course) and literally shoved to ground (Jordan by IT on many occasions). LBJ just isn't built that way, which is why he chose basketball rather than football I'm sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Just because he's physically big doesn't mean he would've welcomed contact. And we're not talking about the love taps he complains about on a regular basis. Guys used to get clothesline, their butts grabbed (by Rodman of course) and literally shoved to ground (Jordan by IT on many occasions). LBJ just isn't built that way, which is why he chose basketball rather than football I'm sure.

Have you watched LeBron play?

He absolutely welcomes contact. Not his fault the rules are different.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched LeBron play?

He absolutely welcomes contact. Not his fault the rules are different.
Are you referring to his flopping antics? I never said anything was his fault. Only that it's my opinion he isn't mentally strong enough to have played with & been as successful against players from previous eras.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to his flopping antics? I never said anything was his fault. Only that it's my opinion he isn't mentally strong enough to have played with & been as successful against players from previous eras.

Honestly, that is an opinion I just don't understand.

He isn't mentally weak. He is the size of centers from the 90s. He would dish out a lot more punishment than he would take. Good luck standing in front of that freight train. Fouls that floored players like Jordan and Pippen might induce a flop, but they would have much less impact on LeBron than they had on those players. He is literally a physical freak of nature.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that is an opinion I just don't understand.

He isn't mentally weak. He is the size of centers from the 90s. He would dish out a lot more punishment than he would take. Good luck standing in front of that freight train. Fouls that floored players like Jordan and Pippen might induce a flop, but they would have much less impact on LeBron than they had on those players. He is literally a physical freak of nature.
I just think he flops a lot because he knows the hits aren't going to be enough to actually do damage. Remember, in previous eras guys were literally trying to send a message a lot of the time. I think the misconception of his ability to take a hit comes from the game rules being a lot different when it comes to defense.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 2-4

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistol Pete Maravich would have made him look foolish.

Reactions: LAD

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 5 player, #1 douche

LogicMan -- not very logical.

I'm not a huge Lebron fan -- but he has never done any really bad (broken laws, felonies, drugs, domestic violence ... or accusations where they didn't have enough proof to prosecute). And he has given back quite a bit to the community. Now he is speaking out on social issues.

"The Decision" was the stupidest PR move in NBA history. But he learned his lesson (didn't do it again when he went back to Cleveland) -- and it is just "PR".

I can think think of 100s NBA players that have done "douche-er" things than Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LogicMan -- not very logical.

I'm not a huge Lebron fan -- but he has never done any really bad (broken laws, felonies, drugs, domestic violence ... or accusations where they didn't have enough proof to prosecute). And he has given back quite a bit to the community. Now he is speaking out on social issues.

"The Decision" was the stupidest PR move in NBA history. But he learned his lesson (didn't do it again when he went back to Cleveland) -- and it is just "PR".

I can think think of 100s NBA players that have done "douche-er" things than Lebron.

Bingo.

Yes he is arrogant. Name one elite player who isn't beside Tim Duncan.

Fact is, people hate him because he is great and he is constantly in the public eye.