• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely weren't very competitive, but that's more evidence of the Warriors historical greatness. With a ton of talent throughout the league, the Warriors crushed everyone easily. The only real test would have been a healthy Spurs team who they still would have beaten in 6-7 games.

The Spurs were not the typical Spurs and the rest of the league is pretty sorry. East is sorry. 8/10 people you talk to will tell you the playoffs were garbage, especially outside the finals.

The best quote I heard during the playoffs from Tlance was that the Cavs would have beaten the 96 Bulls. Some funny shit

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs were not the typical Spurs and the rest of the league is pretty sorry. East is sorry. 8/10 people you talk to will tell you the playoffs were garbage, especially outside the finals.

The best quote I heard all from Tlance was that the Cavs would have beaten the 96 Bulls. Some funny shit

I agreed with you the playoffs were garbage...because the Warriors are so much better than the rest of the league, just like the Bulls were so much better than the rest of the league...

Look, we get it, you are an old school fan and no one will ever be better than the teams you watched as a kid/young fan. That doesn't make you correct, because you're not.

As I said previously, in 20 years there will be some dominant team (the Kings! the Nuggets!) and kids who are 19 today watching the Warriors will say "these teams today ain't shit, the 2016-17 Warriors would have crushed them". It's just fan bullshit not objective truth. And that's fine, it's just a game. Arguing about it is part of the fun, that's why we're all here.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with you the playoffs were garbage...because the Warriors are so much better than the rest of the league, just like the Bulls were so much better than the rest of the league...

Look, we get it, you are an old school fan and no one will ever be better than the teams you watched as a kid/young fan. That doesn't make you correct, because you're not.

As I said previously, in 20 years there will be some dominant team (the Kings! the Nuggets!) and kids who are 19 today watching the Warriors will say "these teams today ain't shit, the 2016-17 Warriors would have crushed them". It's just fan bullshit not objective truth. And that's fine, it's just a game. Arguing about it is part of the fun, that's why we're all here.

So I can't laugh when someone says the Cavs are better than the old school Bulls? Or laugh because I think the kool aid is being drank?

Different eras no doubt but great bball is great bball. Tough to judge teams today because 1) some teams are loaded compared to others and 2) the defense isn't what it was

Don't have to be old school to understand that. And old school to me is Dr J btw

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 20 years my guess it will be snowflake bball. Like a game of horse

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can't laugh when someone says the Cavs are better than the old school Bulls? Or laugh because I think the kool aid is being drank?

Different eras no doubt but great bball is great bball. Tough to judge teams today because 1) some teams are loaded compared to others and 2) the defense isn't what it was

Don't have to be old school to understand that. And old school to me is Dr J btw

As I said it's just sports, you can laugh at whatever you want. I'm just giving you my take, you have 90s colored glasses on and no level of excellence will ever budge you from that. Others are more able to recognize greatness throughout different eras. The Warriors don't play D? The Spurs, The Jazz don't?

As far as judging today, the 90s Bulls weren't loaded compared to others? The 80s Lakers and Celtics weren't?

And again there's no way to prove any of this, that's why it's fun to endlessly argue it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors stack up remarkably well against all the teams you mentioned, to include the Bulls. You keep selling these guys short, but damn man, the 3 pt shooting alone is enough to keep them in the conversation with anybody.

Different kind of defense today. Not nearly as intense as it was back then. Look at the teams scoring avg per game. 20+ teams now score over 100 a game. Back then it was 3-5? And sorry I think Jordan Pippen Harper and Rodman -- 4 of the better defensive players in the history of the game would bring a bit more to the table than the Cavs D. That Cavs D was bad in the finals. They were bad most of the year -- doesn't take a genius to see it or talk about it

Golden st is loaded in the NBA today especially compared to other teams. I like watching Steph and KD brought his A game and Klay is tough in some games. What did Dray do in the finals? I'm not sure how Dray would hold up to the old school guys banging down low.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said it's just sports, you can laugh at whatever you want. I'm just giving you my take, you have 90s colored glasses on and no level of excellence will ever budge you from that. Others are more able to recognize greatness throughout different eras. The Warriors don't play D? The Spurs, The Jazz don't?

As far as judging today, the 90s Bulls weren't loaded compared to others? The 80s Lakers and Celtics weren't?

And again there's no way to prove any of this, that's why it's fun to endlessly argue it.

Mad respect for the 80s too. 2000 Lakers were impressive. Bball has just gotten softer and softer it seems the last 5-10 year. Not just my opinion either. Go ask around outside the dick riders on these forums

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad respect for the 80s too. 2000 Lakers were impressive. Bball has just gotten softer and softer it seems the last 5-10 year. Not just my opinion either. Go ask around outside the dick riders on these forums

If softer means less bully ball and hard fouls and smashing into each other, sure. It's also faster paced and more skilled and better passing and more unselfish today. I like today's game better. It's like today has about 10 teams that play like the Showtime Lakers

Also you are as much a dick rider as anyone you just ride different dicks

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different kind of defense today. Not nearly as intense as it was back then. Look at the teams scoring avg per game. 20+ teams now score over 100 a game. Back then it was 3-5? And sorry I think Jordan Pippen Harper and Rodman -- 4 of the better defensive players in the history of the game would bring a bit more to the table than the Cavs D. That Cavs D was bad in the finals. They were bad most of the year -- doesn't take a genius to see it or talk about it

Golden st is loaded in the NBA today especially compared to other teams. I like watching Steph and KD brought his A game and Klay is tough in some games. What did Dray do in the finals? I'm not sure how Dray would hold up to the old school guys banging down low.
Well are we comparing eras or teams? On paper the Warriors look every bit as good as Chicago. As far as what they're allowed to do defensively now as compared to then, I don't really know how to determine how either team would be playing by the other's rules.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the river on fire yet in Leave-land?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love today's game but I'm not a fan of the Twitter era. All the leaking, Kyrie, Paul George, etc

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has LeBron ever asked for a trade?

You don't have to get defensive and technical. If the report is true about Kyrie wanting to leave a team with enough talent to win a title then I'd consider it LeBroning. LeBron was really going to patent the phrase in about a year whether Kyrie stayed or not.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city does matter.

Some cities can attract big names without an immediate clear path to contention. Minnesota is not close to that. With Butler, Wiggins and Townes, maybe they have enough to attract a 4th guy and be legit. But, that window won't stay open long because Wiggins just got paid and Townes will too.

Wiggins and Townes without Butler might not be enough to bring players to Minnesota. If those two were in LA or Miami, they would be on top of everybody's list.

Boom.