• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go the other way. Danny basically took Kyrie over luka cause with picks from just trading IT (selling high on a clear fluke year) he would’ve had the ammo to go get him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go the other way. Danny basically took Kyrie over luka cause with picks from just trading IT (selling high on a clear fluke year) he would’ve had the ammo to go get him

I hope he's got some of those assets left. Because Danny didn't do near with them what I thought he would.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's got some of those assets left. Because Danny didn't do near with them what I thought he would.
He didn't do badly either.

Almost nobodies perfect. But hitting on Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum is good stuff.

^ I remember pretty clearly that in both of those drafts, pundits and fans were pretty blah on both of those picks... Ainge got them right, though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost nobodies perfect. But hitting on Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum is good stuff.

^ I remember pretty clearly that in both of those drafts, pundits and fans were pretty blah on both of those picks... Ainge got them right, though.

brown hasn’t been a top 10 player in his class until this year (per vorp) when he’s no longer cheap.

they also took Jamal Murray over him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he definitely didn't. You have a good team. I just thought you guys would be the team to beat in the East by now. Just feels like you've been kind of stuck at this current level for 2-3 seasons now. Definitely haven't gotten worse, but haven't really gotten better either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say he did well with both picks. Can even argue not a bad idea/risk acquiring Kyrie as I doubt they knew his level of crazy. My only disagreement is with those who say Cavs were fleeced by a team with air left from the deal. Guessing with hindsight they let IT walk and use the pick on either Sexton or SGA. and could still have Walker...though probably only want him if they'd have picked SGA.

Also absurd (sorry, it fits) to think losing Kyrie is why Lebron left. 2 facts support me here......Had a deal in place to acquire Bledsoe and PG if Lebron would commit to stay (per Griff). He wouldn't. Lebron also wanted to keep Kyrie so badly he refused to even call the guy and try to smooth things over with him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did great with those two but I think he could have built a serious championship contender filling around those pieces better. Still a long way to go to show that verdict though

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he definitely didn't. You have a good team. I just thought you guys would be the team to beat in the East by now. Just feels like you've been kind of stuck at this current level for 2-3 seasons now. Definitely haven't gotten worse, but haven't really gotten better either.
Well... Tatum is 22... Brown 24... how many guys vault their teams to the absolute top in their early 20's in this league... ?

If Gordon Hayward isn't injury prone his entire tenure in Boston, the complexion of this debate about Ainge likely changes.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did great with those two but I think he could have built a serious championship contender filling around those pieces better. Still a long way to go to show that verdict though
The right pieces like... Gordon Hayward?

But then Hayward has one big injury after another... and sh!t, the plan doesn't come together.

Hard to blame that sort of thing on the GM, though... just bum luck.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But then Hayward has one big injury after another... and sh!t, the plan doesn't come together.

Yeah Hayward was bad luck and Kyrie was a looney. Some things you can’t control but when it’s all said and done if the C’s don’t get a title (A LONG TIME FROM NOW)...it will be the only thing that most will look at. I love Tatum and Brown though and really like their roster this year so we will see.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Hayward was bad luck and Kyrie was a looney. Some things you can’t control but when it’s all said and done if the C’s don’t get a title (A LONG TIME FROM NOW)...it will be the only thing that most will look at. I love Tatum and Brown though and really like their roster this year so we will see.
Fair enough... I agree overall.

I think the C's have a realistic shot as early as this season... of course, if...
  • If Kemba stays healthy
  • If Ainge uses that trade exception smartly
  • If Tatum and Brown keep taking that step forward
Brown, in particular, has really been a revelation this year... dude has been ballin', I never envisioned that he would be this good on offense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree....luck can go the other way, too, of curse. Like Griffin/NO getting the #1 for Zion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough... I agree overall.

I think the C's have a realistic shot as early as this season... of course, if...
  • If Kemba stays healthy
  • If Ainge uses that trade exception smartly
  • If Tatum and Brown keep taking that step forward
Brown, in particular, has really been a revelation this year... dude has been ballin', I never envisioned that he would be this good on offense.
Curious to see Cavs against them tonight. a very good team AND can play D.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see Cavs against them tonight. a very good team AND can play D.
It should be a good game, 2 evenly matched teams to this point in the season... C's should be feisty after their recent losing streak.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a good game, 2 evenly matched teams to this point in the season... C's should be feisty after their recent losing streak.
Cannot say I've seen schedules but have to think maybe an easier schedule has kept Cavs close to Cs in standings? Cs are full strength now right?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I've seen schedules but have to think maybe an easier schedule has kept Cavs close to Cs in standings? Cs are full strength now right?
The C's have had a lot of flux in their line-up... Tatum is out tonight, along with a couple of lesser guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's have had a lot of flux in their line-up... Tatum is out tonight, along with a couple of lesser guys.
That's too bad as would rather see Cavs face them with their best player (assuming the best) and see Okoro match up with him on D. Be nice to see TT again.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's too bad as would rather see Cavs face them with their best player (assuming the best) and see Okoro match up with him on D. Be nice to see TT again.
Yeah likely to see Okoro on Brown now

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree....luck can go the other way, too, of curse. Like Griffin/NO getting the #1 for Zion.

things like that last line should never happen. Never.