• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Taylor requests trade

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already thought the Colts were going to be god awful, now it appears they may lose their top offensive weapon. What a disastrous situation for them - I don’t think Anthony Richardson has what it takes to be an NFL QB, he wasn’t even good in college yet he still was a top 5 pick, that’s insane to me. I think the Colts may be the frontrunners in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes if they weren’t already.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we should put this in the category of "be careful what you wish for". Of course, Indy wasted a pretty good roster playing the washed up and shitty QB carousel game and Irsay is a douchebag so maybe best for Taylor to seek greener pastures. It's just kinda late in the offseason to get a deal done. He will want a contract extension so what team gives up a high value pick and is willing to pay him? He also may not have the benefit of that great run blocking Oline wherever he ends up. Things to consider for these guys although I understand them wanting their bag while they can get it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already thought the Colts were going to be god awful, now it appears they may lose their top offensive weapon. What a disastrous situation for them - I don’t think Anthony Richardson has what it takes to be an NFL QB, he wasn’t even good in college yet he still was a top 5 pick, that’s insane to me. I think the Colts may be the frontrunners in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes if they weren’t already.
Richardson has the best raw tools in the NFL, but he can't play qb yet.

The Colts coach is the guy who had been working with Hurts. Colts have the right coach for the job. If Richardson follows the same path as Hurts he will be top 2 qb in 3 years.

Hurts path is not likely, but I think Richardson becoming a decent passer and elite scramble is a safe bet.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would trade for a year of Taylor? I doubt anyone will want to re-sign him. It’s too expensive for a RB that will deteriorate and get hurt increasingly more often every year.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kyle shanahan as we speak
sweating key and peele GIF

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Najee Harris had it right. Running back is not devalued, their pay is. Teams can use up all the valuable years for a rb before they are set to be paid, then they toss them aside.

Takes a twisted mindset to look at the guy that is 40% of your offense and tell him his value is low.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will never to this day understand the Richardson hype. He has HORRIBLE (and I mean horrible) accuracy, is inconsistent game to game, does not read the field well at all.. Great, he can scramble, but he's NOWHERE NEAR the capability of what Cam Newton (literally a linebacker running the ball), Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick were at the collegiate level. Not even close.

Okay great he has a cannon arm and can run the ball. A cannon arm IMO is one of the most worthless traits. YES, if you have it great, but a GOOD arm is really all you need. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, none of those guys had CANNON arms. Give me a break. They all had good arms, but you aren't in many situation where you have time to throw a ball 70 yards down the field in the air. C'mon... if you do the defense sucks ass or it's a busted play.

I think I auto graded it an F when the Colts took him. I honest to God thought Richardson would drop to the 2nd round like a Malik Willis or something (who I think was drafted in the 3rd? And then proceeded to do fuck all).

While I hated the Devon Witherspoon pick, I would've gladly taken Witherspoon over Richardson so at least I was happy the Colts took him because if Seattle did oh God.

Feel free to save this post (I'll remember it) if he becomes some HOF/ALL PRO QB. Happy to eat crow as always.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Najee Harris had it right. Running back is not devalued, their pay is. Teams can use up all the valuable years for a rb before they are set to be paid, then they toss them aside.

Takes a twisted mindset to look at the guy that is 40% of your offense and tell him his value is low.

Yah, it's a tough position for them to be in. Maybe their rookie salaries by position should be equal to a QB or something, course that might just make them start sliding further lol.

It's generally the position that gets banged up the most because you're constantly getting hit by guys immensely stronger and heavier than you (be it linebackers or DLs). It still baffles me why everyone was shocked Seattle took Charbonnet in the second. "But they have Walker who was almost OROY!" Me: "Yah, and he'll probably go down for multiple games, just like he did last year, this year..."

Now I do think there's a HUGE difference between 1st-2nd round runningbacks and a 5th-7th rounder. It annoys me when so many people are like, "Just take a runningback in the 5th... you don't need to draft early runningbacks." Uh, NO... runningbacks in the 1st are much stronger, faster, understand playbooks better, understand fundamental blocking, and can very much help a QB on outlets and check downs when they understand the play. Another underrated and often thing that is not mentioned is they can help a QB diagnose plays when the situation arises (generally in shotgun formations) and after the play what the defense is doing. Outside of the QB they have the best vantage point in terms of what the defense is showing.

A 5th-7th round runningback will rarely come in and turn into a pro bowler overnight...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irsay has already said he is not gonna trade taylor.

lol that's probably the only way they'll win a handful of games. Richardson wont do fuck all with that team. He'll probably run for a bunch of yards and have a deep bomb a couple times and that'll be that.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, it's a tough position for them to be in. Maybe their rookie salaries by position should be equal to a QB or something, course that might just make them start sliding further lol.

It's generally the position that gets banged up the most because you're constantly getting hit by guys immensely stronger and heavier than you (be it linebackers or DLs). It still baffles me why everyone was shocked Seattle took Charbonnet in the second. "But they have Walker who was almost OROY!" Me: "Yah, and he'll probably go down for multiple games, just like he did last year, this year..."

Now I do think there's a HUGE difference between 1st-2nd round runningbacks and a 5th-7th rounder. It annoys me when so many people are like, "Just take a runningback in the 5th... you don't need to draft early runningbacks." Uh, NO... runningbacks in the 1st are much stronger, faster, understand playbooks better, understand fundamental blocking, and can very much help a QB on outlets and check downs when they understand the play. Another underrated and often thing that is not mentioned is they can help a QB diagnose plays when the situation arises (generally in shotgun formations) and after the play what the defense is doing. Outside of the QB they have the best vantage point in terms of what the defense is showing.

A 5th-7th round runningback will rarely come in and turn into a pro bowler overnight...
The majority of elite running backs come from 1st or second round.

I think you are for sure more likely to find a rb that can be a valuable contributor in later rounds than other positions. Your early rounds is usually where the stars come from.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never to this day understand the Richardson hype. He has HORRIBLE (and I mean horrible) accuracy, is inconsistent game to game, does not read the field well at all.. Great, he can scramble, but he's NOWHERE NEAR the capability of what Cam Newton (literally a linebacker running the ball), Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick were at the collegiate level. Not even close.

Okay great he has a cannon arm and can run the ball. A cannon arm IMO is one of the most worthless traits. YES, if you have it great, but a GOOD arm is really all you need. Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, none of those guys had CANNON arms. Give me a break. They all had good arms, but you aren't in many situation where you have time to throw a ball 70 yards down the field in the air. C'mon... if you do the defense sucks ass or it's a busted play.

I think I auto graded it an F when the Colts took him. I honest to God thought Richardson would drop to the 2nd round like a Malik Willis or something (who I think was drafted in the 3rd? And then proceeded to do fuck all).

While I hated the Devon Witherspoon pick, I would've gladly taken Witherspoon over Richardson so at least I was happy the Colts took him because if Seattle did oh God.

Feel free to save this post (I'll remember it) if he becomes some HOF/ALL PRO QB. Happy to eat crow as always.
I agree 100% with this - I don’t understand the Richardson hype at all. He wasn’t a good college QB - he had a losing record as a starting QB, as you said he has very poor accuracy and he’s wildly inconsistent. It was insane to draft him at #4, I never recall a QB who didn’t play very well in college being drafted so high. He’s going to be an epic bust IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of elite running backs come from 1st or second round.

I think you are for sure more likely to find a rb that can be a valuable contributor in later rounds than other positions. Your early rounds is usually where the stars come from.

Oh sure, 3rd down backs, situational receiving backs, etc. But the notion you can just 'grab some guy in the 5th' and plug him in as a full time starting runningback in his rookie year is laughable. CAN it happen? Sure... there's a history of plenty of 5th round+ guys being amazing/legends. It's just FAR and few between.

Most 5th (could even argue 4th) round picks are situation guys, breather/sub guys, injury replacements, projects, etc. They of course can pan out and be all pro/HOFers... but sometimes this forum and various sports media makes it seem like, "No reason to spend early picks on a RB, just snag one in the later rounds! It's fine!" lol... okay... show me where that works out consistently. Not saying you need some top 5 overall RB... I don't think you need to be drafting them until the late 1st.... but the 5th? Give me a break.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with this - I don’t understand the Richardson hype at all. He wasn’t a good college QB - he had a losing record as a starting QB, as you said he has very poor accuracy and he’s wildly inconsistent. It was insane to draft him at #4, I never recall a QB who didn’t play very well in college being drafted so high. He’s going to be an epic bust IMO.

lol even Taylor is like, "Dude fuck this." :pound:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts effect. Most of those reasons listed are why Hurts was picked third round over 1st.

Colts are betting that Hurts was not an outlier, but the coach was a major part of it. Not sure I would make that bet.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts effect. Most of those reasons listed are why Hurts was picked third round over 1st.

Colts are betting that Hurts was not an outlier, but the coach was a major part of it. Not sure I would make that bet.
Hurts was a good college QB who led multiple teams to the playoff - Richardson had a losing record in college. Hurts had a very strong passing season in his year at Oklahoma - throwing for almost 4,000 yards and over 30 TD’s, Richardson never came anywhere close to that. Hurts was clearly a good QB in college, Richardson wasn’t.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hurts was also a better rusher and far more accurate passer than Richardson was as well.