• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Taylor requests trade

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts was a good college QB who led multiple teams to the playoff - Richardson had a losing record in college. Hurts had a very strong passing season in his year at Oklahoma - throwing for almost 4,000 yards and over 30 TD’s, Richardson never came anywhere close to that. Hurts was clearly a good QB in college, Richardson wasn’t.
Here's Tom Brady college stats:

1690740491428.png

Joe Montana's:

1690740562623.png

Joe Burrows:

1690740649051.png

Hurts:

1690740722240.png

The one thing I take from looking at these college stats is that year 4 is usually a stand out. Heck Hurts lost his starting job at Alabama which is why he transferred to Oklahoma. Do good college QBs lose their starting job?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Tom Brady college stats:

View attachment 335778

Joe Montana's:

View attachment 335779

Joe Burrows:

View attachment 335780

Hurts:

View attachment 335781

The one thing I take from looking at these college stats is that year 4 is usually a stand out. Heck Hurts lost his starting job at Alabama which is why he transferred to Oklahoma. Do good college QBs lose their starting job?
Bama had an even better college QB than Hurts in Tua, that’s why Hurts lost his job. Bama was loaded with talent, as they’ve consistently been under Saban. But yes Hurts did improve a lot in his year at Oklahoma. The bottom line is is that Hurts was a good college QB, Richardson wasn’t.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama had an even better college QB than Hurts in Tua, that’s why Hurts lost his job. Bama was loaded with talent, as they’ve consistently been under Saban. But yes Hurts did improve a lot in his year at Oklahoma. The bottom line is is that Hurts was a good college QB, Richardson wasn’t.
Or....you could say that after getting a few years under his belt Hurts finally had an OK year ( not special at all) while Richardson was basically a rookie college QB last year and with a couple years of experience could end up being even better than Hurt or maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.
Not sure Tua got the job because he is actually a better QB than Hurts, but he had a ton of hype when entering college and folks had high hopes for him and Hurts didn't look better than adequate at the time so a change was made.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or....you could say that after getting a few years under his belt Hurts finally had an OK year ( not special at all) while Richardson was basically a rookie college QB last year and with a couple years of experience could end up being even better than Hurt or maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.
Not sure Tua got the job because he is actually a better QB than Hurts, but he had a ton of hype when entering college and folks had high hopes for him and Hurts didn't look better than adequate at the time so a change was made.
Too bad that’s never happened before.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts had far better than an “okay“ year at Oklahoma - he threw for almost 4,000 yards and 30 TD’s and ran for over 1,000 yards. He finished second in Heisman voting. That’s an outstanding season, not an “okay“ one. Hell, Hurts’ stats as a freshman at Bama were better than Richardson’s stats last year.
Richardson being drafted at #4 is flat out ridiculous - I never remember a QB who played so poorly in college being drafted so high. A lot of people put way too much emphasis on a QB’s ability to run the ball and be mobile. I am certain Richardson will be a major bust - I have a feeling the Colts will be drafting a new franchise QB next spring.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with the prevailing opinion about AR that he shouldn’t play this year, I think the skill set is both elite and coach able. I also think he received some malpractice from that Florida offensive staff (which has been poor). If you want to argue you don’t take a developmental QB at 4, I respect that opinion but disagree with it. I think you pick what you pick and they are in need of a franchise QB and they catch a year where they’re drafting in round 1. Where AR would go was an impossible handicap. This is a feast or famine pick. If he figures it out, he could be the best QB in this draft because he has that kind of ability. But if he struggles to process and can’t get comfortable, fix his footwork, etc… he’s going to be a Rick Mirer or Ryan Leaf.

I think you open him up to failure if you play him too early. Personally, I wouldn’t think about starting him until it’s like week 11 or 12.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson has the best raw tools in the NFL, but he can't play qb yet.

The Colts coach is the guy who had been working with Hurts. Colts have the right coach for the job. If Richardson follows the same path as Hurts he will be top 2 qb in 3 years.

Hurts path is not likely, but I think Richardson becoming a decent passer and elite scramble is a safe bet.
Top 2 QB?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad that’s never happened before.

It's a combination of Hurts/Steichen and Josh Allen IMO. They're leaning into a combo of two outlier QBs, pretty risky. Most of these spread college QBs are good for 1, maybe 2 reads before they take off and run. The Colts could get stuck with running a 1 or 2 read offense, probably one side of the field per play to get him on the field this year. They are going to need Taylor and an improved OL performance this year to be competitive.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts had far better than an “okay“ year at Oklahoma - he threw for almost 4,000 yards and 30 TD’s and ran for over 1,000 yards. He finished second in Heisman voting. That’s an outstanding season, not an “okay“ one. Hell, Hurts’ stats as a freshman at Bama were better than Richardson’s stats last year.
Richardson being drafted at #4 is flat out ridiculous - I never remember a QB who played so poorly in college being drafted so high. A lot of people put way too much emphasis on a QB’s ability to run the ball and be mobile. I am certain Richardson will be a major bust - I have a feeling the Colts will be drafting a new franchise QB next spring.

Imagine that, he improved his stats moving from the SEC to the Big 12. Doesn't everyone?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that, he improved his stats moving from the SEC to the Big 12. Doesn't everyone?
When he was sec his 4th WR was Devonta Smith, after the move his only pro level wr was CeeDee Lamb. So the improvement is notable.

His worst supporting cast is still miles better than anything Richardson ever had however.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was sec his 4th WR was Devonta Smith, after the move his only pro level wr was CeeDee Lamb. So the improvement is notable.

His worst supporting cast is still miles better than anything Richardson ever had however.

He did have Sermon and Stevenson to balance the offense however.

He was playing in the worst defensive conference overall is my point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a combination of Hurts/Steichen and Josh Allen IMO. They're leaning into a combo of two outlier QBs, pretty risky. Most of these spread college QBs are good for 1, maybe 2 reads before they take off and run. The Colts could get stuck with running a 1 or 2 read offense, probably one side of the field per play to get him on the field this year. They are going to need Taylor and an improved OL performance this year to be competitive.
Are they truly “outliers” or has the game changed now? I think the new NFL entails your QB’s ability to extend plays and making the defense respect QB keep on run action. Those QBs are also likely to be ones that aren’t immediate impact players and need to be coached up and developed.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they truly “outliers” or has the game changed now? I think the new NFL entails your QB’s ability to extend plays and making the defense respect QB keep on run action. Those QBs are also likely to be ones that aren’t immediate impact players and need to be coached up and developed.
I think Allen success is an outlier no matter the time frame. He completed 56% of his passes playing against WAC competition. Being 63% in the pros is quite a jump. Josh Allen is a better comp than Hurts, I used Hurts because of the coach, but as pointed out, Hurts had good college film.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Allen success is an outlier no matter the time frame. He completed 56% of his passes playing against WAC competition. Being 63% in the pros is quite a jump. Josh Allen is a better comp than Hurts, I used Hurts because of the coach, but as pointed out, Hurts had good college film.

Yeah, that's why I combined Allen and Steichen/Hurts. Richardson really only got one year of starts, so he's so much rawer than either. Maybe that's not the worst thing if Steichen can bring him along properly.

Still, definitely a risk as a lottery ticket gamble