• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jonathan Taylor requests trade

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why blame Irsay on what all owners are doing with RBs?

Sucks for RBs but all Owners should be this way. :noidea:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why blame Irsay on what all owners are doing with RBs?

Sucks for RBs but all Owners should be this way. :noidea:
Yeah, as much of a doosh that Irsay is, Taylor has absolutely no leverage here. So why should the owner just cave in to an unrealistic demand. This isn't the 90s and Indy is far from being a contender. If Taylor wants to hold out and ruin his career, that's on him, not the owner. I doubt any team is willing to rent Taylor for 1 season anyway, no matter how good he is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as much of a doosh that Irsay is, Taylor has absolutely no leverage here. So why should the owner just cave in to an unrealistic demand. This isn't the 90s and Indy is far from being a contender. If Taylor wants to hold out and ruin his career, that's on him, not the owner. I doubt any team is willing to rent Taylor for 1 season anyway, no matter how good he is.
He really doesn't.

He will eventually show up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruin his career? He'll be the best available running back in the league and he'll be fresh if he sits a year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man these RBs are going to war with the league. Were I do feel bad for backs is that they do get used and abused especially Taylor who they gave the ball to like 330x 2 years ago. I would say the best thing would be for them to not play and show teams how bad they are without them but they also run the risk of their backup showing effectiveness and running for 1,000 yards and 8 TDS saving the team 10 million by not paying them.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruin his career? He'll be the best available running back in the league and he'll be fresh if he sits a year.

The fact that he is holding out not showing up to camp over money automatically will turn off a couple of teams and I doubt any team will pay huge bucks for a guy who hasn't played ball in over a year. He would have to come back on a 1 year prove it deal in which if he would have just stayed on the Colts especially being franchised tagged he would have made more money.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he is holding out not showing up to camp over money automatically will turn off a couple of teams and I doubt any team will pay huge bucks for a guy who hasn't played ball in over a year. He would have to come back on a 1 year prove it deal in which if he would have just stayed on the Colts especially being franchised tagged he would have made more money.
No, he wouldn't. He's one of the best backs in the league and he'd be fresh instead of coming off a 350+ touch year.

Jamarr Chase sat a whole year and there were plenty of dumb people who didn't realize he'd dominate as soon as he stepped back on the field again.

There would be dumb people with Taylor too, but not everyone.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he wouldn't. He's one of the best backs in the league and he'd be fresh instead of coming off a 350+ touch year.

Jamarr Chase sat a whole year and there were plenty of dumb people who didn't realize he'd dominate as soon as he stepped back on the field again.

There would be dumb people with Taylor too, but not everyone.

So you would give Taylor a multi year 10-12 mill per year contract to a running back who hasn't played football in over a year and your argument is because it worked out for Jamarr Chase a wide receiver? I am very confident if he would have sat out a year it would be a Leveon Bell situation in which you would be the NY Jets in that story.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Taylor if he sits. If I'm Irsay, I'm franchise tagging his ass for the next two years after this one as well, let him sit 3 years then try to get a job. It's a contract year, ball out this year and then you will get your bag of money. This crap halfway through contracts drives me nuts, you signed a deal now honor it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Taylor if he sits. If I'm Irsay, I'm franchise tagging his ass for the next two years after this one as well, let him sit 3 years then try to get a job. It's a contract year, ball out this year and then you will get your bag of money. This crap halfway through contracts drives me nuts, you signed a deal now honor it.
It has been proven time and again that if you ball out for your entire contract that teams WON'T pay you after. That is the entire point. If he goes out for another 300 touches and puts out 40% of the teams offense again, his reward will being told he is all used up so they can't pay him now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t project that anymore. RBs who “ball out” haven’t been getting the bag. The rules have changed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been proven time and again that if you ball out for your entire contract that teams WON'T pay you after. That is the entire point. If he goes out for another 300 touches and puts out 40% of the teams offense again, his reward will being told he is all used up so they can't pay him now.
Ninjaed haha

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the ridiculous amount he is asking for, 18 per year. That's crazy and no team will pay that.
That always happens. Give him 15 and he’s top of the market where he should be. I don’t blame the guy. He’s getting run into the ground by a rudderless poorly run franchise.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would give Taylor a multi year 10-12 mill per year contract to a running back who hasn't played football in over a year and your argument is because it worked out for Jamarr Chase a wide receiver? I am very confident if he would have sat out a year it would be a Leveon Bell situation in which you would be the NY Jets in that story.
Bell was 26 years old with 1,600 touches on him after 5 years. Taylor is 24 with half the touches. You are ignoring 2 prime years in an attempt to make your case. In those 2 years Bell had 1,900 yard seasons. Well worth 10-12 million.