• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Sajack looks like he got a haircut.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "positive".....LOL.

KIDDING, DON'T CRUCIFY ME....
He didn't hang up immediately?

tenor.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never believed the whole he will sit out an entire season if the Spurs didn't trade him.

There is no indication that Leonard will holdout or not come to training camp. The Raptors can fine Leonard for every practice and game he misses and it wouldn’t be a good look for the two-time Defensive Player of the Year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think having lebron on the team is going to hurt the Lakers in 2019?

You're moving the goal posts again. What I'm saying is is that Wiggy actually has a point in which he relates to the older guys like Wade, Melo, CP3, etc... as opposed to guys like Irving, Butler, Klay, etc...

It won't hurt having Lebron on your team, but other all stars are aware now what comes with playing with Lebron - ie if you're losing, it's more likely your fault than Lebron's.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the players you are targeting.

Say the Lakers wanted Jimmy Butler as an example.

Butler wants to play with Kyrie.

Kyrie doesn't want to play with Lebron.

Lakers won't get Butler.

In the clip posted by Manu4ever, it was reported that Kawhi has been reaching out to other players to gauge who would like to team up in certain markets.

Obviously, it's all just rumors.

But, do you remember where Kawhi was when he choose to stop attending games?

He was in New Jersey with his uncle.

Nets have the means to sign 2 max guys and have 2 first round picks to offer in trades next Summer.

And this is why I'm not penciling in Kawhi as a lock to LA. Things can change in a year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba maybe. Klay isn't going anywhere.

The Warriors are the perennial favorites to 3-peat. Being a 4-time champion, I find it highly doubtful that Klay would walk from a situation where the Dubs could potentially win 4 titles in a row, which hasn't been done in the 60's; so long as they win in 2018-2019.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. I don't see it happening but a year ago the Cavs were heavy favorites to re-sign Lebron this summer.

No they weren't. People had already started guessing Lebron to the Lakers because he randomly showed up to a Lakers summer league game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. From what i've heard they can only get one max guy next season even if they do all the things mentioned. I think if they were going to stretch Deng they would have done so already too.

If I understood what I heard correctly,at they can free up $40 million next season. That could get them Kawhi and maybe a next tier down level player.

Funny thought, I may be wrong, but I think Randle has a player option and can be a UFA next off season.

Would be hilarious if the Lakers signed Kawhi and then signed Randle back. Probably a rule against that, but it would be funny as hell.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he fragile though? He very well might be. But, that is an assumption made by all the inferences during the Spurs drama. Fact, is the man ever speaks and nobody really knows what happened. He could be a shot caller behind the the scenes who single handedly ruined the best run franchise in the NBA because he wanted to. Kawhi Leonard might be Kizer Soze.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I laugh when people are knocking the Raptors for making the move they did. Especially this quote from Woj:

"ESPN insider Adrian Wojnarowski said on SportsCenter that Leonard was coming around on the idea of playing for a competitive team next season."

If the Raptors make it to the ECF and make it competitive with say, Boston, you better believe that this can make Kawhi rethink going otu West where he'd have to deal with a plethora of teams.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly right.

The Lakers weren't willing to give up basically all of their young assets sans Ball, plus 2 future first round picks and 2 future "swaps".

Sure, but the Lakers had a pretty great chance to sign him long term. Kawhi is a top 3 talent in the league, and he hasn't even hit his peak yet. To me, that's worth more than Ingram and Kuzma.

The first round picks aren't worth that much, since they are bound to very low. The Lakers are gambling that they'll be able to sign him as a FA next year. We'll see how that pans out.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DeRozan will flourish under Pop. Maybe elevate his game a bit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I laugh when people are knocking the Raptors for making the move they did. Especially this quote from Woj:

"ESPN insider Adrian Wojnarowski said on SportsCenter that Leonard was coming around on the idea of playing for a competitive team next season."

If the Raptors make it to the ECF and make it competitive with say, Boston, you better believe that this can make Kawhi rethink going otu West where he'd have to deal with a plethora of teams.
Yep.

Like I said earlier, this is very similar to Webber being banished to Sacto.

They surrounded him with talent and he stayed.

Winning can change things...

greatestshow_lrg.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I'm not penciling in Kawhi as a lock to LA. Things can change in a year.

Yep. And that's why the Lakers need to start thinking up trade packages for Kawhi come December (when they can trade anyone they just signed). The Raptors won't be looking for that "godfather offer" the Spurs were supposedly wanting. Think up something you're willing to part with and go out and get Kawhi. Don't let him get comfortable in Toronto. Don't let him get to FA where he can meet with other teams and entertain the idea of playing with other 2019 stars. It's like a car salesman. Get him on your lot and don't let him leave.