• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened in Toronto? Yeah, DeRozan played like shit when it counted most but there's been a few other star players that have laid a turd when it mattered most. They were the #1 seed and James isn't in the picture in the east anymore. Is the guy some raging asshole behind closed doors or something? Doesn't really make sense.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but things change over a season.

Maybe he gets tired becoming the 3rd fiddle behind KD and Steph

And then wants to be the 3rd fiddle behind LeBron and Kawhi?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but @CitySushi drew up the most likely scenario. Klay has never hinted he wants to go anywhere, and why would he? The Ws have built a special thing, big names want in not out. He can keep winning rings and being a hero and not dealing with LeBron, and get a near max deal to boot. The real issue comes the year after when it's Dray's turn. Then the Ws can decide whether to keep Dray or trade Klay or what.

90% chance he stays.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened in Toronto? Yeah, DeRozan played like shit when it counted most but there's been a few other star players that have laid a turd when it mattered most. They were the #1 seed and James isn't in the picture in the east anymore. Is the guy some raging asshole behind closed doors or something? Doesn't really make sense.
What happened is Toronto got better for one last push. If it doesn't work trade Kawhi to the Lakers and rebuild. Gonna have to anyway after this year even if they kept DeRozan. Good trade for both teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 .....

You are the new Shams Wojranoski....

You called this shit more than a year in advance.

Although the idea of Kawhi making calls sounds suspect as fuck considering the fact that I am convinced he's a deaf mute.

Maybe he used a TTY machine?

y

Does he know how to make calls and then talk when the person says “hello”. I highly doubt it

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying it's impossible, but @CitySushi drew up the most likely scenario. Klay has never hinted he wants to go anywhere, and why would he? The Ws have built a special thing, big names want in not out. He can keep winning rings and being a hero and not dealing with LeBron, and get a near max deal to boot. The real issue comes the year after when it's Dray's turn. Then the Ws can decide whether to keep Dray or trade Klay or what.

90% chance he stays.

If the Lakers get Kawhi then I don't think they have the space for Klay

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers get Kawhi then I don't think they have the space for Klay

I thought they had room for 2 (stretch Deng, drop all the 1 year guys, etc)?

In any case it ain't happening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they had room for 2 (stretch Deng, drop all the 1 year guys, etc)?

In any case it ain't happening.

I don't know. From what i've heard they can only get one max guy next season even if they do all the things mentioned. I think if they were going to stretch Deng they would have done so already too.

They're obviously going to be going after Kawhi and I think there's a pretty good chance they get him. In fact, going to Toronto works in favor for the Lakers more than if he stayed in SA or went to Philly or Boston.

Either way, it would be 'Plan B' to go after guys like Klay or Kemba. And yes, I do agree Klay most likely stays in GS. But like I said, things change over a season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened is Toronto got better for one last push. If it doesn't work trade Kawhi to the Lakers and rebuild. Gonna have to anyway after this year even if they kept DeRozan. Good trade for both teams.

Toronto has to realise the Lakers won't give up much for Kawhi around the trade deadline.

If things really aren't going well enough for Toronto to be willing to trade him, the Lakers know they can get him for Josh Hart plus a couple of picks at most!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why anyone is talking about Toronto trading Kawhi.

They got BETTER today.

He is going nowhere this season.

Toronto will be a top 3 seed (likely top 2 seed) with a solid chance at making the finals

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They got BETTER today.

Toronto will be a top 3 seed (likely top 2 seed) with a solid chance at making the finals
I only mentioned them trading Kawhi is a worst case scenario down the line if things dont work out.

I fully expect Toronto to be a top 3 seed as you said and contend to go to the Finals. If they are behind Boston they are not behind by much.

They without a doubt could make the Finals this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto has to realise the Lakers won't give up much for Kawhi around the trade deadline.

If things really aren't going well enough for Toronto to be willing to trade him, the Lakers know they can get him for Josh Hart plus a couple of picks at most!

And that's fine with Toronto, it's a free shot at the Finals where they've never been. If it ain't working, get picks and a nice player like Hart and rev up the tank.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a "superstar" that has been as fragile both mentally and physically as Kawhi in the NBA over the last decade+?

I am trying to think and I just dont think so....

Is he fragile though? He very well might be. But, that is an assumption made by all the inferences during the Spurs drama. Fact, is the man ever speaks and nobody really knows what happened. He could be a shot caller behind the the scenes who single handedly ruined the best run franchise in the NBA because he wanted to. Kawhi Leonard might be Kizer Soze.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They got BETTER today.

True.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves.

I don't see this as a George staying in OKC situation.

It's closer to Webber getting exiled to Sacramento.

Obviously, Kawhi is a Champion and CWeb was not.

But, they both got traded to the least desirable location possible. Yet, they stayed when everyone said there was no chance of that happening.

If you put good pieces around him, anything can happen.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I thought KD was the mentally weak snowflake. Now that Kawhi is up north maybe he's the snowball?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toronto, like the Spurs, don't need to make a trade with the Lakers.

They could ship him to a team that believes they are one player aWay.

* See Rasheed Wallace traded to Atlanta, played a whopping 1 game, then got flipped to the Pistons for a Championship run.

As a Lakers fan, I'm sure you remember how well that deadline deal worked out.

Even if the Raptors have to trade him, they are not at any team's mercy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

90% chance he stays.
I'd say 70-75% chance he stays.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed