• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the players you are targeting.

Say the Lakers wanted Jimmy Butler as an example.

Butler wants to play with Kyrie.

Kyrie doesn't want to play with Lebron.

Lakers won't get Butler.

In the clip posted by Manu4ever, it was reported that Kawhi has been reaching out to other players to gauge who would like to team up in certain markets.

Obviously, it's all just rumors.

But, do you remember where Kawhi was when he choose to stop attending games?

He was in New Jersey with his uncle.

Nets have the means to sign 2 max guys and have 2 first round picks to offer in trades next Summer.

Nets could have an interesting summer next year. IF they do the right things.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 .....

You are the new Shams Wojranoski....

You called this shit more than a year in advance.

Although the idea of Kawhi making calls sounds suspect as fuck considering the fact that I am convinced he's a deaf mute.

Maybe he used a TTY machine?

y

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top tier superstars won't be knocking on the door. I highly doubt we see KD in a Lakers uni in 2019/20

But guys like Klay or Kemba are good possibilities
Kemba maybe. Klay isn't going anywhere.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best offer the Spurs were going to get, and they really wanted to move on. Talks with Boston and Philly had been off for weeks apparently, and no other team besides Toronto was willing to go "all in." So I'm not sure you get the same thing from other teams as you got from the Spurs. They just wanted him gone.

It's actually better than I thought they'd get. Usually, when you lose a superstar, especially one who wants out, you don't get an all star in return.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 .....

Although the idea of Kawhi making calls sounds suspect as fuck considering the fact that I am convinced he's a deaf mute.

y

Wonder if yahoo will hire me since Shams is gone?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers were apparently unwilling to give up any of their young prospects,

Not exactly right.

The Lakers weren't willing to give up basically all of their young assets sans Ball, plus 2 future first round picks and 2 future "swaps".

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. I don't see it happening but a year ago the Cavs were heavy favorites to sign Lebron this summer.
Kemba or Bledsoe could play next to Ball.

Seeing as LeBron * coughs* Rich Paul is his agent, I see Bledsoe being easiest to get.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with a guy going through an injury, that's not something you should say publicly. Especially with a personality like Kawhi's. Stephen Jackson (former teammate of Parker's) even said that it was fucked up for Parker to say that.

^^^This^^^

It doesn't matter if Parker's injury was really worse or not and it doesn't matter about what else he said. He publicly questioned a teammates injury. You don't do that.

Question him all you want in the locker room and call him a pussy if you want. But don't do it publicly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba or Bledsoe could play next to Ball.

Seeing as LeBron * coughs* Rich Paul is his agent, I see Bledsoe being easiest to get.

I think any direction the Lakers go next offseason will have to do how the team does this upcoming season.

Say the team lives up to all the hype, the young guys play phenomenal and the team gets 52+ wins and make it to the 2nd round or WCF. Then they'll have to address HOW they lost in the playoffs. Whether it was lack or depth or shooting or whatever. They'll then sign the right guys to improve in that category.

If the Lakers flat out suck and barely make the playoffs you can bet your ass Magic trades all the young guys for Kawhi before the deadline and aims for a top free agent in the summer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any direction the Lakers go next offseason will have to do how the team does this upcoming season.

Say the team lives up to all the hype, the young guys play phenomenal and the team gets 52+ wins and make it to the 2nd round or WCF. Then they'll have to address HOW they lost in the playoffs. Whether it was lack or depth or shooting or whatever. They'll then sign the right guys to improve in that category.

If the Lakers flat out suck and barely make the playoffs you can bet your ass Magic trades all the young guys for Kawhi before the deadline and aims for a top free agent in the summer.
Great post, 100% agree.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 .....

y
Fuck. Oh well.

Onto plan Z-2.0

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. I don't see it happening but a year ago the Cavs were heavy favorites to re-sign Lebron this summer.

Yes those two situations are identical