• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman Needs To Be Suspended

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes get frustrated watching guys in games keep the shit going after the play is long over. But I do understand the high strung nature of these guys and the competitive edge they play with. It doesn't help when they are up against receivers that are wacky like Dez and Odell. I just think once the final whistle blows, you have to put all the shit aside and grow up. No need to continue the garbage even if the other guy acts like a fool.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I might differ with you on this. While Norman is a good Corner in this league I just don't think he compares to guys like Sherman, Talib, Peterson. Yet he is the highest paid Corner in the NFL. Yes that number will be beaten over the next couple of years so the deal won't look so bad but if we are talking of pay compared to the player compared to other players at his position he is being overpaid. I would put him in that next tier of players which would put him closer to $12-13 million range. So he isn't so far off from the mark of where I would say he ranks but still just a bit overpaid. If I was Washington I'm still willing to do that deal as they needed a player like Norman to have success on defense this year. He has had his ups and downs but has still held up pretty well considering the types of players he is facing every week.
I couldn't have said it better. But, I would add it's not overpaying until it starts to affect the teams overall cap.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, the way the game is played today...even the top tier CBs are going to get beat on occasion...I saw Julio torch Peterson for pretty much a whole game LY and he might be the best CB in the game right now. Sherman is right there, but he has probowl backend support and he rarely has a sole responsibility for a WR1. That's not a knock on them, I think they're great CBs and Norman is a notch below them as you've said.

The trash talking...when it effects performance, then I have a problem with it, I haven't seen that from Norman...he does have a good mental make up for the position...when he does get beat, he doesn't back off, doesn't let it effect the next play.
Tough decisions for GMs now a days. Balancing how much to pay a shutdown type CB knowing the rules favor the offense.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bucklarge.png

Joe go home, your drunk

Joe Buck's head is WTF! big. Look at it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what he does on the sidelines? He did his job on the field and made Norman look like a punk.

I can't front. I'm not a big Josh Norman guy. Just the way he looks and when I hear him talk, the sound, he just pisses me off. He vibes me the same way AJ Pierzynski does. Both his look and his sound just get on my nerves with little to no effort/reason. That said.............I don't know what definition you mean by punk. But from a production standpoint. Dez ain't busted a grape against Norman.

Stats don't support Dez Bryant's claims of domination of Josh Norman

Those are Dez's stats against Norman in the 3 games they played against each other. Norman looks like he's earned his money in games against Dez looking at those stats. Dez on the other hand, hmmmm.

W12, 2015: 5 tgts, 1 catch, 6 yards, 0 TD
W2, 2016: 2 tgts, 0 catches
W12, 2016: 5 tgts, 3 catches, 32 yards, 0 TD

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trash talking is part of the game. It happens somewhere on the field on every play.

Every player approaches the game differently. Some will hand the ref the ball after a first down, others will pose and flaunt. Nothing wrong with either approach.

These guys are in their 20s, making millions, and playing a game they love on national television in front of 40-60+ thousand people. You can't expect everyone to be Tim Duncan out there.

Personally I love seeing two players go at it. It adds fuel and intensity to the game and the rivalry between teams or one on one match ups.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't have said it better. But, I would add it's not overpaying until it starts to affect the teams overall cap.

Again highest paid does not always reflect best player, it most often reflects most recently signed. See Andrew Luck vs Tom Brady.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some athletes who are great, don't have to talk about it.
........their playing ability and actions, on the field, speak to their greatness.

And some do - big deal. You do realize that Larry Bird was considered by many to be the biggest trash talker ever in the NBA - right? Yet nobody ever asked him to be suspended or considered him to be a bad guy. Get over it already - this is not a big deal.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
athletes are as much pussy PC as the rest of the country these days. i remember going to a sixers game back in the iverson days. the kings were in town with cwebb, peja, williams, etc. my brother and me were sitting right behind their bench. so jwill gets in early foul trouble.. and as he's heading towards the bench, a fan yells "hey jason, why don't you take a seat on the bench." jwill looks up and yells "why don't you suck my dick?"

no one knew except the select few people there. i guess these days a bunch of people would be whining about it on twitter, a couple local papers would pick it up and the kings would offer an official apology for.. gasp.. saying a curse word. but lets keep saying it over and over and over in our movies and music. it's cool there.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
athletes are as much pussy PC as the rest of the country these days. i remember going to a sixers game back in the iverson days. the kings were in town with cwebb, peja, williams, etc. my brother and me were sitting right behind their bench. so jwill gets in early foul trouble.. and as he's heading towards the bench, a fan yells "hey jason, why don't you take a seat on the bench." jwill looks up and yells "why don't you suck my dick?"

no one knew except the select few people there. i guess these days a bunch of people would be whining about it on twitter, a couple local papers would pick it up and the kings would offer an official apology for.. gasp.. saying a curse word. but lets keep saying it over and over and over in our movies and music. it's cool there.

Given all of the crap that Williams apparently got away with he is lucky that he isn't playing in this era. Given what he allegedly did to his limo driver I would not have yelled anything at that guy - :D

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All trash talk should be allowed unless its true. ie: If player A calls player B a fag its OK unless player B is an out of the closet fag. If he's not out of the closet and he tells the ref he is in fact gay, the ref can then throw a flag on to offender, and announce to the audience that player B is gay and player A called him a fag. Therefore Delonte West wouldn't be allowed to say to LeBron "I banged your mother".

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given all of the crap that Williams apparently got away with he is lucky that he isn't playing in this era. Given what he allegedly did to his limo driver I would not have yelled anything at that guy - :D

noooooooo, that's jayson williams, completely different guy..

7650517.jpg

jason williams is 'white chocolate'.. but he certainly did have a potty mouth..

maxresdefault.jpg

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman has got into a fight with Cam Newton, OBJ, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones........
He's blamed the zebras for a bad game against A.J. Green.

After awhile, Josh may have met the enemy........and it is Josh Norman.........

At times, I don't like Dez's behavior...He and Norman need to realize, they are only players ON A TEAM.

:agree:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again highest paid does not always reflect best player, it most often reflects most recently signed. See Andrew Luck vs Tom Brady.
You won't get a disagreement from me. My point is as long as a team doesn't become hamstrung cap wise because they paid a player X amount, then it's not really overpaying.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some do - big deal. You do realize that Larry Bird was considered by many to be the biggest trash talker ever in the NBA - right? Yet nobody ever asked him to be suspended or considered him to be a bad guy. Get over it already - this is not a big deal.
Moses Malone disagrees. I think the difference there was Larry like many others in both sports weren't/aren't demonstrative about it.