• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman Needs To Be Suspended

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I loved Steve Largent's quiet 'Act like you've been there before' mantra back in the day, but that's not the way athletes are wired these days. <shrug>

Get with the times, or take up lawn bowling or golf or something more...civilized I guess?
To play devil's advocate. These kids have just come from college ball where you can't do any of these idiotic celebrations. All of a sudden they have $ and freedom and need to act the ass. Why is it just football? You don't see a shortstop get up and make the out signal because he made a diving catch. You don't see a hockey player hog tieing a bull after a big hit. Even the idiot basketball players don't do a dance after stealing the ball.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was plenty of shit talking on and off the field back in the day too. We just didn't have Twitter or 200 cameras and mikes at every game. But there are still a lot of players who take the high road, it's always the same few that are caught up in these types of disputes.

True in a way. But to use Star's example of the NBA, Bird and Jordan talked a huuuuge amount of shit back in the day, but it was mostly for the other player's consumption. There wasn't really the 'LOOK AT ME!' dynamic of today. Playing to the cameras. But your overall point is solid. Hell Payton says the guy who drove him the most nuts with head games was Stockton, and he was quiet as you could be.

So when I used the Sherman example, my problem with him there, was that it made a great team achievement about RS.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To play devil's advocate. These kids have just come from college ball where you can't do any of these idiotic celebrations. All of a sudden they have $ and freedom and need to act the ass. Why is it just football? You don't see a shortstop get up and make the out signal because he made a diving catch. You don't see a hockey player hog tieing a bull after a big hit. Even the idiot basketball players don't do a dance after stealing the ball.

I disagree. Look at Bautista's 'bat flip' that made the Rangers and the entire state of Texas lose their minds for a season and 2 playoffs. (so far).

Guys are bumping up against the code in all the sports. Hockey has always been full of agitators and showboats who were larger than the team. Tie Domi or Theo Fleury wouldn't just do a 'hog tie,' they'd do a lap around the effing arena. And that goes back a long way.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Look at Bautista's 'bat flip' that made the Rangers and the entire state of Texas lose their minds for a season and 2 playoffs. (so far).

Guys are bumping up against the code in all the sports. Hockey has always been full of agitators and showboats who were larger than the team. Tie Domi or Theo Fleury wouldn't just do a 'hog tie,' they'd do a lap around the effing arena. And that goes back a long way.
Sure there are the ones and twozeies in everything. The bat flip or a Fleury with his lap or the one knee drag with an arm windmill were mostly after a big home run or a big goal. Not a tackle or an int that went 30 yards in the air and 180 degrees way from the play. I don't condone the bat flip. Nor do lots of teams. Thus the reason Batista gets thrown at so much. The hockey celebrations are minimal because they're also taken care of on the ice.
Talk smack all day long. I love it. But stop with the moronic celebrations fot making a ST tackle.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there are the ones and twozeies in everything. The bat flip or a Fleury with his lap or the one knee drag with an arm windmill were mostly after a big home run or a big goal. Not a tackle or an int that went 30 yards in the air and 180 degrees way from the play. I don't condone the bat flip. Nor do lots of teams. Thus the reason Batista gets thrown at so much. The hockey celebrations are minimal because they're also taken care of on the ice.
Talk smack all day long. I love it. But stop with the moronic celebrations fot making a ST tackle.

You want to argue that NHL guys aren't as 'showboaty' as NFL guys on average? Sure, we can do that. But to say that this in a NFL/NBA problem ignores the reality of how all sports are changing. Kid athletes of today are growing up watching adult athletes do stuff, and they'll emulate it when they get there themselves.

Sports is sports, just a matter of degree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to argue that NHL guys aren't as 'showboaty' as NFL guys on average? Sure, we can do that. But to say that this in a NFL/NBA problem ignores the reality of how all sports are changing. Kid athletes of today are growing up watching adult athletes do stuff, and they'll emulate it when they get there themselves.

Sports is sports, just a matter of degree.
It's just more prevelant in football and basketball. The bat flip is likely the worst celebration in bb. There really isn't a constant celebration by a single player in hockey that bothers me. Granted I don't watch as much as I used too. So maybe there are a few?
But football gets my bp up like no other. Between going crazy because you made a tackle. Hint knucklehead you get paid a lot of money to do that. Dabbing after a first down. Really? Dropping a player for a loss then running another 10 yards so everyone can see you do some stupid celebration is childish. Everyone knows you made the play clown. Next thing you know these idiots are late getting back to the huddle hurting their team.
Sorry I can't stand it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just more prevelant in football and basketball. The bat flip is likely the worst celebration in bb. There really isn't a constant celebration by a single player in hockey that bothers me. Granted I don't watch as much as I used too. So maybe there are a few?
But football gets my bp up like no other. Between going crazy because you made a tackle. Hint knucklehead you get paid a lot of money to do that. Dabbing after a first down. Really? Dropping a player for a loss then running another 10 yards so everyone can see you do some stupid celebration is childish. Everyone knows you made the play clown. Next thing you know these idiots are late getting back to the huddle hurting their team.
Sorry I can't stand it.

Part of that is the stoppages in play in the NFL. You can't showboat in hockey like that, because it'll be a 3 on 2 the other way, puck is in the back of your net, and you're on your way to Adirondack.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was an altercation after the game between Norman and Dez Bryant.

Cowboys won the game but Norman got into Dez's head.
Actually Dez got into Norman's head.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of that is the stoppages in play in the NFL. You can't showboat in hockey like that, because it'll be a 3 on 2 the other way, puck is in the back of your net, and you're on your way to Adirondack.
Good point. But even after scoring a huge goal "most" players don't make a spectale of themselves.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Dolemite and myself watched a different game from you? We didn't comment on any of the play, clean or dirty. All we said is Norman was in Dez's head. Go rewatch it. You'll come back and agree.
Norman was the one that lost his cool. You and Dolemite must have been smoking crack.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you didn't watch the game. Norman was the one trying to injure Dez, Dez was the one walking away.
I was at the game and Norman was the one that lost his composure.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman was the one that lost his cool. You and Dolemite must have been smoking crack.
I'm talking during the game when the officials were giving their warnings. I only briefly saw the bs after the game so I can't comment on that part.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. But even after scoring a huge goal "most" players don't make a spectale of themselves.

And if you're being fair, (use your own team as a mental example) 'most' NFL guys don't either. Or even the ones that do, pick their spots most often.

The guy who hot dogs after making a stop for a 6 yd gain on 1st down is actually pretty rate given the # of 1st down plays.

What you're doing is classic confirmation bias. You notice the guys that piss you off, so you notice them. The guys who DON'T showboat (the vast majority) don't make your radar.

And for what it's worth, I find myself doing the ol' C-B- too. I'm more likely to notice Donald Trump saying stupid shit than I am some politician I happen to agree with. I CAN still make an observation that trump says stupid shit more than anybody else, but I can ALSO realize that I tend to gloss over some of the stupid shit that my 'side' says.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 'notice' sentence was horrible, but you get my meaning... :(

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you're being fair, (use your own team as a mental example) 'most' NFL guys don't either. Or even the ones that do, pick their spots most often.

The guy who hot dogs after making a stop for a 6 yd gain on 1st down is actually pretty rate given the # of 1st down plays.

What you're doing is classic confirmation bias. You notice the guys that piss you off, so you notice them. The guys who DON'T showboat (the vast majority) don't make your radar.

And for what it's worth, I find myself doing the ol' C-B- too. I'm more likely to notice Donald Trump saying stupid shit than I am some politician I happen to agree with. I CAN still make an observation that trump says stupid shit more than anybody else, but I can ALSO realize that I tend to gloss over some of the stupid shit that my 'side' says.
There is some of that to a degree. But I'm the first to chastise a NE player for stupid celebrations. Especially a rookie or a guy who doesn't get much time.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some of that to a degree. But I'm the first to chastise a NE player for stupid celebrations. Especially a rookie or a guy who doesn't get much time.

Sure, fair enough. I've already agreed that we can have a reasonable discussion about how the NFL is 'showboatier.' I've already said I found Sherman's NFCCG tirade to have been too much.

I just disagree that this is a NFL/NBA problem.

I'm just quibbling over degree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, fair enough. I've already agreed that we can have a reasonable discussion about how the NFL is 'showboatier.' I've already said I found Sherman's NFCCG tirade to have been too much.

I just disagree that this is a NFL/NBA problem.

I'm just quibbling over degree.
Got ya. I'm just too old, white and lacking of rhythm I guess

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some athletes who are great, don't have to talk about it.
........their playing ability and actions, on the field, speak to their greatness.

So we should have a rule requiring them to be all like that, or fine them if they're not?

I thought Goodell was already too authoritarian?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced Dez can get into his own head.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see from the other thread, and the Redskins board, I am Josh Norman hater. I think both he and Dez act like annoying children. And at first I thought the ankle grab was a bit dirty too. But if a poster is going to start a thread calling for a suspension is it too much to ask that he supply a link so we can judge for ourselves? The only link you guys have supplied was 1 second long and showed nothing.

I also gotta say how rich it is for a poster who has been defending Richard Sherman for years to call these guys assholes.