• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon Sorta Reinstated

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Even though that comparison is way off base...I understand where he's coming from, and I know there are OTC products that are banned by the NFL, but I don't think there are ANY substances allowed in the NFL that are illegal according to federal law...that hurdle needs to be cleared first before this even a legit debate.

Let's clear that hurdle with this one. What's the problem with fixing a fucked up situation faster?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could have the conversation now and avoid losing another generation of talents. Something wrong with fixing things faster?

I don't really care that pro athletes have it great or differently. Their talents offer them that. I have no envy in my heart for them. They take physical abuse for my enjoyment.

No, but this isn't the starting point...getting WAS to see that pot should not longer be an illegal drug is step one...then we can talk about the NFL, which probably won't be needed then

Their talent offers them the opportunity to be highly paid because few can do what they do as well as they can, that's what makes it entertainment...boundaries should still apply. Lack of or not adhering to boundaries cut short some very good talent across many arenas...Jimi Hendrix, Strawberry & Gooden come to mind.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't like my examples that prove a bullshit rule is a bullshit rule and that following bullshit rules causes harm?
No. We are also troubled why you can't seem to follow along that even if we disagree with the rule, the rest of us accept that as of today it is indeed the rule and thus must be followed. If the player knows about the rule and breaks the rule, EVEN IF THE DUMBEST RULE IN ALL THE LANDS, the player is then at fault. Not the league, not the Commissioner, not the other posters on this board and not the racist person that asked Rosa Parks to give up her seat.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't like my examples that prove a bullshit rule is a bullshit rule and that following bullshit rules causes harm?

The only thing you have proven is you don't get it. I can't debate with ignorance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's clear that hurdle with this one. What's the problem with fixing a fucked up situation faster?
That's just it...there is no faster going to the NFL...I think trying to force the NFL's hand on removing an illegal street drug is backwards. Remove the illegal part from the street drug and maybe you've knocked out two birds with one stone.

The only thing I can see the NFL relenting on before illegal is removed from pot at the federal level would be medical uses based on a Dr. prescription...that's what the OL in BAL is trying to do apparently. Recreational use...I don't see that happening until the feds let it go.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm comparing changing discriminatory practices to changing discriminatory practices. Rosa Parks is a wonderful and well known example.

You bringing up slaves is pretty ridiculous here for a multitude of reasons that I won't get into. But on the present topic it's pertinent to understand that slaves were allowed to smoke cannabis.
Being banned for smoking pot is discrimination? News flash for you, smoking pot is legal in Washington and Colorado, if an employer has a no drug policy that includes pot yes that company can fire workers in those states. Rosa Parks, Dr. King, and many others faced severe discrimination, I will even admit there is discrimination today, but not allowing pot isn't discrimination.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm comparing changing discriminatory practices to changing discriminatory practices. Rosa Parks is a wonderful and well known example.

You bringing up slaves is pretty ridiculous here for a multitude of reasons that I won't get into. But on the present topic it's pertinent to understand that slaves were allowed to smoke cannabis.

Mellow out & get stoned.

weed_loader.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are employed by the teams. The teams are not suspending the player.
The teams (read that to mean the NFL) make the rules. The majority of owners are old businessmen who believe in presenting a professional appearance. Look at the Yankees. They buy into the business model of no facial hair. If the Steinbrenners (sp) offered you a multi million dollar job but you have to shave daily would you? I would and I hate the Yankees. I'd take their $, retire and grow a ZZTop beard.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the cash. Gordon wasn't swayed by the cash. You guys bringing up the cash is hilarious and irrelevant. It's not about cash, it's about talent on the field. Their league, they get to decide to choose from a smaller talent pool or not. Get it?
Yes I'm quite sure he'd play for free:doh: besides if he played for free we'd likely have another convict to deal with. He'd have to do something illegal to support that habbit.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't include Bell with Bryant. Bell's recent issues are for a missed test that apparently the tester did not make sufficient contact with Bell to schedule.
Hard to show up for a test when you are stoned

upload_2016-7-27_20-8-48.png

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he can somehow stop smoking for one day in his life.

RG3 (if he can stay healthy) throwing to Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon is a lot of speed and athleticism

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Gordon realizing he has a Super Bowl ring

giphy (4)-30.gif

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Gordon realizing he has a Super Bowl ring

View attachment 247045

100K?

thumb_best-i-can-do-is-20-dollars-rat-best-i-53589876.png

Although, he already has 2 Patriots SB rings.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That really has to be the most racist post I have seen on this site, and there has been many I’ve seen.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really has to be the most racist post I have seen on this site, and there has been many I’ve seen.

Consider the source. I've known him going back to KFFL for the better part of the last 2 decades. He always makes dick comments like that.