• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders fire HC Josh McDaniels AND GM Dave Ziegler

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. They were trying to unload him 2 years ago and he only played last year because Lance got hurt and they were stuck with Jimmy until he inevitably got hurt. They will stick with Purdy now because he's uber cheap.

I was thinking as a backup. Can't imagine a lot of demand for Jimmy otherwise, could be a fail-safe landing spot.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33.75 million, not 40.5 mill. Average money for a starting QB.

Carr's 2023 salary with the Raiders would have been fully guaranteed as would have been some of his money in 2024. Retaining him would have guaranteed him $40.5M - with a no-trade clause.

Garoppolo could be released after 2023, (as could any QB), but $11.25M of his $24.25M due is fully guaranteed. Paying him $11.25M to go away when there's $13M more to pay for 2024 seems unlikely at this point. Finding another team willing to take on the whole $24.25M is also unlikely. Another team being prepared to give up trade capital for Garoppolo at $13M+ is much more realistic.

$33.75M isn't average money for a starting QB in 2023. If it was the franchise tag would be higher than $32.416M.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it has been said in this post, but could this have been done so quickly because of Michigan putting Harbaugh's contract extension on hold?

Could the Raiders have fired everyone and sent Harbaugh a secret message basically telling him that the job is his if he wants to forego the contract extension with Michigan?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it has been said in this post, but could this have been done so quickly because of Michigan putting Harbaugh's contract extension on hold?

Could the Raiders have fired everyone and sent Harbaugh a secret message basically telling him that the job is his if he wants to forego the contract extension with Michigan?
THat's actually an interesting thought. I don't know if there are tampering rules or anything that prevents them from pre-empting the off-season hiring frenzy but Davis obviously has something that he's looking at. Harbaugh is going to be coveted by a few teams, for sure.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure the Raiders cant afford Harbaugh because Mark Davis is the poorest owner in the league and he’s on the hook for at least $80 million for what he owes Gruden and McDaniels combined.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much Adams had to do with this.
He's been upset with his role, or lack thereof, and did anyone else notice how fast he got off the field after the last game?.
He basically sprinted to the locker room.
I bet dude went the EF off to somebody who matters in that organization and said " get rid of this ass-clown or I'll take my ball and go home" !

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been upset with his role, or lack thereof, and did anyone else notice how fast he got off the field after the last game?.
I bet dude went the EF off to somebody who matters in that organization and said " get rid of this ass-clown or I'll take my ball and go home" !
great point and IMO, the worst part of team sports in today's world. It's as if these guys think of themselves as professional golfer or tennis.

TEAM SPORT

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great point and IMO, the worst part of team sports in today's world. It's as if these guys think of themselves as professional golfer or tennis.

TEAM SPORT
I agree, problem is, with what they are paying these dudes today, they have a voice.
Adams is looking at his career starting to slide and he wants the ball and a ring.
And he is probably not the only one.
For all we know Davis might have had a mutiny on his hands if he didn't do something dramatic.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, problem is, with what they are paying these dudes today, they have a voice.
Adams is looking at his career starting to slide and he wants the ball and a ring.
And he is probably not the only one.
For all we know Davis might have had a mutiny on his hands if he didn't do something dramatic.
yes Sir

get all the $$ you can then shut up and be what they pay so well to do.

Cee Dee two weeks ago went in house to discuss his targets, as reported four days later while the Eagles all time great receiver blew his gasget four weeks ago for the world to see. LOL

now philly has to win the game and make sure their star gets his 125.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a report supposedly that Davis called a few players and discussed some things. Adams, Jacobs and Crosby's names were mentioned. I think Marc Davis could see that things couldn't go on the way they were. It was obvious to anyone watching their games that the players were fed up. Adams was the most talked about and shown by the media but that locker room had to be toxic as hell.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders have replaced Washington as the most dysfunctional organization in the league. They are paying $80 million for 2 people not to coach their team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might have and it might have worked. He was pissed off. Can you imagine still in his jersey yelling at the front office. Wish I could see it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TEAM SPORT
What is Adams supposed to do, call the plays and throw it to himself?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Raiders are favorites after firing McD.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Raiders are favorites after firing McD.
or after the benching of Jimmy G

Think Sesame Street GIF

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the Q1, Raiders looked better than they did last week.