• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

joel embid is the most tenutred 76er on the roster

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even at the 2 slot they only have a 55% chance of getting a top 3 pick. But I have a hard time seeing them doing any worse than 3rd after the Williams trade, unless he was blocking someone from really stepping up.

Surprisingly, in the 7 drafts under the current lottery odds system (since 1994), here are the frequencies for the top 3 to stay in the top 3:

1st seed: 1st x5, 2nd x9, 3rd x5, 4th x4
2nd seed: 1st x2, 2nd x3, 3rd x5, 4th x10, 5th x3
3rd seed: 1st x4, 3rd x4, 4th x4, 5th x10, 6th

Strange that the 3rd seed hasn't picked 2nd in 23 drafts. Draft odds should be entirely independent from all previous drafts, but that seems like a match that's overdue. The 1st seed has only missed the top 3 17% of the 23 drafts, although the probability should be 35%. Again, another spot that seems due. 2nd seed has been under-represented in the 1 and 2 picks and over-represented at the 4th and 5th. The tendencies despite the known odds would seem to indicate a good chance of a 2, 3, X, 1 order, with X being a team jumping up. Like I noted though, past tendencies or reactions to the mean shouldn't have any influence on a truly random draw. Interesting to try to project though.

It really depends. If Paul George really does prefer the Lakers, then the last thing the Lakers want is for some team like the Celtics or Thunder to step in and lure him away. The problem is that the Lakers, as constructed, aren't offering anything the Pacers have. Hoping that pure loyalty to the franchise is all you need to lure a star, seems like a dubious approach to me. Players change their minds all the time, and in this case his opinions haven't even been made public.

All of the up and coming teams, IMO, need to take the next step if they want to lure top talent. This applies to the Lakers, Sixers, Wolves, and Bucks as well as some other teams a little earlier on in their process.

What is it that the Pacers have that will keep PG? The fact that they tried and failed to trade him without keeping him in the loop? A playoff team treading water with no championship chance really? If they don't add pieces around him this offseason, he's only going to get more frustrated with the franchise.

He's the one putting the Lakers rumors out there. Only he knows if they're true or not. However, the Lakers have several young assets that could either blossom or be traded for veteran players to surround a player like PG. The Lakers have never been kept down long (at least under proper management), and hopefully getting Jim Buss out of the way will get the Lakers out of their rut.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a Rookie of the Year who was not taken in the First Round ?
------
EDIT:
I just looked it up. (commercial in game) I believe the only time it wasn't a first round pick was in 1958.

1957–58 Woody Sauldsberry Forward/Center
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States Philadelphia Warriors 60 1957

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever been a rookie of the year two years past his draft class and playing only 31 games?

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever been a rookie of the year two years past his draft class and playing only 31 games?

Or it could be Saric ... also drafted 2 years ago. (2014)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

you philly fans still trusting the process??

Huh? So they have a young team with what appears to be a lot of potential and several future draft picks. What's the problem?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid out for the remainder of the season. The tanking is in full effect.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure i fully trust the Sixers doctors. Part of me thinks both Simmons and Embiid could get back this year but since they were winning more games then they thought they could and conceivably make the playoffs, they decided to hold them out to tank. They just can't be so upfront about it since the new regime is suppose to not be doing the same things Hinkie did.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure i fully trust the Sixers doctors. Part of me thinks both Simmons and Embiid could get back this year but since they were winning more games then they thought they could and conceivably make the playoffs, they decided to hold them out to tank. They just can't be so upfront about it since the new regime is suppose to not be doing the same things Hinkie did.

Last year they send Joel to Qatar for treatment. (no idea what was different there ... unless the laws/rules are a little different for special treatment)

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they send Joel to Qatar for treatment. (no idea what was different there ... unless the laws/rules are a little different for special treatment)
better get it right this time or they got oden 2.0......

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if the Sixers were closer to a playoff spot, we may have seen Embiid and/or Simmons back but if they aren't likely to make the playoffs, there is little incentive to risk them. So tankapalooza it is.

When it is all said and done, they aren't likely to wind up with one of the bottom 3 records no matter what so I really don't think there is any secret agenda here.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Sixers were closer to a playoff spot, we may have seen Embiid and/or Simmons back but if they aren't likely to make the playoffs, there is little incentive to risk them. So tankapalooza it is.

When it is all said and done, they aren't likely to wind up with one of the bottom 3 records no matter what so I really don't think there is any secret agenda here.

Probably not but it does seem a little suspect that they shut down Simmons and Embiid and traded away Noel for a bag of popcorn within the same time frame. I'd actually agree its the right move for them. I just think they can't really publicly acknowledge it since its the Hinkie playbook and the Colangelos were so hellbent on saying they were done with that

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but it does seem a little suspect that they shut down Simmons and Embiid and traded away Noel for a bag of popcorn within the same time frame. I'd actually agree its the right move for them. I just think they can't really publicly acknowledge it since its the Hinkie playbook and the Colangelos were so hellbent on saying they were done with that

Trading Noel for a bag of popcorn was more than they were going to get in the off-season. Noel wasn't staying. He was unhappy with his role and another team was certain to spend to get him.

I agree that they can't acknowledge that they are now tanking.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Noel for a bag of popcorn was more than they were going to get in the off-season. Noel wasn't staying. He was unhappy with his role and another team was certain to spend to get him.
I agree that they can't acknowledge that they are now tanking.

Since around Jan 1st, the Sixers have a winning record.